One Direction Graces Cover of Billboard Magazine as Artist of the Year
By Diadem Pambid | December 17, 2012 3:10 PM EST
"Directioners" better start celebrating because their favorite boy band has finally managed to grace the cover of Billboard Magazine. Not only did Niall Horan, Harry Styles, Liam Payne, Louis Tomlinson and Zayn Malik manage to grace the cover of the magazine but the boys have been hailed as the Top New Artist for 2012. This is certainly great news to go on about.
Apart from gracing the cover of the esteemed music magazine, the magazine had a few minutes interview with each of the boys. Snippets from the Billboard magazine interview are as follows. First off is Taylor Swift's new boyfriend, Harry Styles who talked about how he discovers new music.
"I actually get a lot of music from my sister, who's into all these bands," explained Styles. "She's been listening to and downloading stuff that I get from her. A lot of times suggested stuff comes on iTunes I'll have a look at it, or the fans will send me things. But I've been listening to the Lumineers. I love their album and also Elvis Perkins, he's great," added the youngest member of the boy band.
Zayn Malik, rather than talking about music, talked about the success of the group. Is this another bout with the boys of The Wanted perhaps?
"We didn't try to fit in anywhere. We needed to make a sound that's not gonna fit in with everything else - we wanted to make something that was completely unique and individual to us. We spent a lot of time trying to make a sound that was a One Direction sound. At first it was quite hard to do that, but I'm really happy with the sound. I guess it's just a new thing," explained Zayn.
While Zayn ranted on about the success of 1D, Liam Payne explained how he had maintained being humble despite such success.
"I've got a tattoo on my arm ['Everything I Ever Wanted, But Nothing I'll Ever Need'] to make sure I've managed to keep up with my family and friends and stuff," said Payne, adding, "We know that this won't last forever, but we're having a great time out here. It's just amazing, I'm just really enjoying working for the money our whole year on tour. We've got the film and that stuff coming out next year, still loads of things. It's just about living in this moment."
What did the leader of the group, Louis Tomlinson, have to say?
"I've sometimes felt like that, but to be honest most of the time I'm the immature one who needs to be told to get focused," stated Tomlinson. "I'm a bit of a perfectionist so I have to be kind of be on board with every minor detail and [I'm] quite opinionated. It's quite important for me personally to be involved with the whole project," added Louis.
As for the cutie patootie member of the group, Niall Horan, he shared his joy of playing the guitar and how he hopes to do more of it in the future.
"I played six or seven songs on the album and probably a lot more of them on the tour," said Horan, adding, "It's nice to do. I kinda get into my comfort zone. I like to just sit there on the guitar sing and play. Someone told me the smile on my face gets bigger when I pay the guitar."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season 11 Premiere (Episode 1) Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘I Must Have Lost It On The Wind'
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design