To Stop School Shootings, We Should Let Criminals Have All the Guns, Argue Gun Control Advocates
By Natural News | December 17, 2012 2:04 PM EST
If you're shaking your head after reading the headline for this article, you're not alone. The idea of taking away guns from all the law abiding citizens while concentrating them in the hands of deranged, psychopathic criminals isn't my idea, however. It's Obama's. And Bloomberg's. And Nancy Pelosi and everybody else who is now pushing for "gun control" legislation in the wake of the Newtown, Conn. elementary school shooting.
The problem with gun control laws is that only law-abiding citizens follow laws. This should be self-evident. So while a gun ban law would see law-abiding citizens turning their guns in, law-abiding citizens are not the source of violent shootings.
It's the psychopathic criminals who are committing the violence. And because they are criminals, they will by definition ignore gun ban laws.
Want proof? Well, for starters, it's already against the law to shoot children and kill them. Yet Adam Lanza did exactly that in Newtown, Conn., oblivious to what the law says. All by itself, this is proof that laws do not stop criminal-minded psychopaths from committing acts of violence.
Strictest Gun Control Areas Have the Most Violent Crime
Remember all this when you hear all the usual political suspects call for "gun control legislation." This legislation will, by definition, only hurt law-abiding citizens who would never even think of harming innocent children. At the same time, gun control laws will do absolutely nothing to stop psychopathic criminals from using guns, knives or other weapons to commit mass violence.
Proof of this is readily apparent. "One of the interesting characteristics of mass shootings is that they generally occur in places where firearms are [already] banned: malls, schools, etc," writes professor Glenn Harlan Reynolds in a USA Today opinion piece. "That was the finding of a famous 1999 study by John Lott of the University of Maryland and William Landes of the University of Chicago, and it appears to have been borne out by experience since then as well."
Renolds goes on to expose the "big lie" of gun control: the idea that criminals will abide by "gun-free zones" or laws of any kind. The very premise of being a criminal is that they ignore laws.
If anything, gun-free zones are "a magnet for mass shooters," explains Reynolds. And he's right: Aurora, Colorado had some of the most stringent gun control laws in America. But instead of reducing gun crime, all it did was ensure that victims were completely disarmed and unable to shoot back.
None of this logic and reason, of course, will stop people like President Obama from trying to punish law-abiding citizens across America by taking from them their right to armed self defense. Then again, gun control advocates never claimed to have any basis in logic or reason. They have habitually resorted to fear and contrived emotions to try to push their disarmament agenda, even in the face of overwhelming evidence that gun control causes MORE crime, not less.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’
- Australia Asked National Media to Suppress Multi-National Corruption Case: WikiLeaks
- El Niño Update: 2014 Threat Easing, ‘Unlikely to be a Strong Event’ – Australia BoM
- “Women should not laugh in public” - Turkish Deputy PM says
- Opinion Poll in New Zealand Shows National Party Far Ahead in Popular Support
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8