Sony Leaks: Huashan, Odin and Yuga Smartphones
By Vittorio Hernandez | December 17, 2012 12:36 PM EST
Leaks for three Sony smartphones came out, following the ongoing trend of phone spec and photo leaks almost every day. The latest leaks are for the Huashan, Odin and Yuga models.
Since it's from Sony, the devices are made from premium materials and have premium price as well, but the Japanese technology in mobile industry proved their efficiency and productivity to users even with a higher price tag. The Xperia's line up is very powerful devices but Sony also makes non-Xperia ones that are powerful as well, from where one of three leaked units come from.
Sony Huashan C5303
This smartphone unit is speculated to be released in 2013 parallel to Odin and Yuga. The leaked of Sony Huashan was shown from Picasa by an uploaded photo that included EXIF data. The device seems to be a mid-range smartphone but the information is still unsure if it may become a high-end model.
AnTuTu has tested the device by benchmarking its processor. Sony HuaShan has 1.7GHz processor clock speed but no confirmation if it has dual-core processing units. So far, the headline knows that Sony Huashan has 1.7GHz of clock speed, 5MP rear camera, and would be running on Android 4.1.1. Jellybean, considered still very high for an average smartphone.
Sony Odin and Yuga
Sony should also come up with new high-end smartphones because Samsung, LG, Huawei and others tech firms have their own surprises of Android running devices in the upcoming Consumer Electronic Show for early 2012.
Sony Odin and Yuga have recently leaked and the speculation says that both smartphones will be seen next year. Both devices look similar and their technical specifications are also quite similar.
- Quad-core Snapdragon S4 Pro
- 2GB of RAM
- 5 inches, 1920x1080 display size and resolution
- Sony's Luminant WhiteMagic technology
- 13MP camera with Exmor RS sensors
- Odin weighs 147g and 140g of Yuga
Speculations of processors from both devices are a bit unclear. Some rumours say that one of the two has 1.5GHz quad-core, while some assume 1.7GHz quad-core. The camera MP is also unclear if it will be 12 or 13MP, but Sony should have higher than previous units which are already in the 12MP range.
Sony Odin and Yuga are similar devices according to speculations, but Odin is targeted as the international version and Yuga would be the local for Japan with water resistance feature.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- Radio Australia Cuts to Affect Isolated Vanuatu Residents Who Rely on It for Weather Bulletins
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown