Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 can be rooted using CF-Auto-Root
Samsung recently released an Android Jelly Bean OTA update for the international Wi-Fi-enabled version of the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, which shipped with the Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) software.
Now, users with that update who wish to enjoy extra tweaks and customisation options can do so by rooting their tablets. XDA developer Chainfire has released the CF-Auto-Root rooting files for several Samsung devices, including all three variants - P5100, P5110, P5113 - of the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1. IBTimes UK reminds its readers it will not be held responsible for any damage to the device during this procedure.
- Ensure download of appropriate USB drivers and enable USB debugging mode
- Ensure all data is backed up
- Ensure tablet is factory unlocked
- Ensure battery has at least 80 percent charge
To Root Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 Using CF-Auto-Root
- Download CF-Auto-Root package to computer and unzip folder (Root package links: P5100, P5110, P5113 (For alternative link, browse to source page))
- Download Odin v1.85
- Switch tablet off and re-start in Download mode (to do so, press Power and Volume Up until yellow triangle appears on screen and then press Volume Down)
- Start Odin and connect device, via USB cable, to computer while it is still in Download mode (a successful connection will be indicated by the ID:COM box turning yellow and a message - Added)
- Note: If Odin does not detect device, ensure USB drivers are properly installed
- In Odin, click PDA and locate CF-Auto-Root files. Then click Start to begin installation
- After installation is completed, device will reboot automatically and a message - Pass - will appear
- Note: If Odin refuses to install update and shows - Fail - or gets stuck, close programme and unplug device. Now remove and re-insert battery and re-boot into Download mode. Re-install firmware and tablet will re-boot into Recovery mode, from where it should root automatically. Finally, re-boot tablet again
- After device boots up, unplug tablet from computer
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (P5100/P5110/P5113) has now been successfully rooted. Users can now install any root-required app. Download and install the Triangle Away app to reset the flash counter on the tablet.
[Source: Android Egis]
To contact the editor, e-mail: