Install Android 4.1.2 XXELKC Jelly Bean on Galaxy S3 I9300 with Anaraxia ROM [GUIDE]
By Vinod Yalburgi | December 16, 2012 8:24 PM EST
Android users never seem to run out of choice with a flurry of custom ROM Jelly Bean upgrades available in the market today. The tailor-made custom ROMs suit everyone's needs, as they come packed with a bunch of powerful features.
Anaraxia ROM is one such powerful custom ROM based on Samsung's latest leaked firmware Android 4.1.2 I9300XXELKC Jelly Bean. The ROM is popularly named after its dedicated developer, XDA Developers member Anaraxia. It ports a number of notable features under its hood such as SuperSU access, deodexed, and zipaligned. Besides, it adds an unsecured boot.img, BusyBox and stock kernel for enhanced stability.
Key Points to Note
- The Anaraxia ROM and the instructions provided in this guide are applicable to the international version Galaxy S3 I9300 model only. It will not work on any other device. Verify your device's model number by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
- IBTimes UK advises users to back up apps, important data and settings to avoid data loss while flashing the Android 4.1.2 based Anaraxia ROM on the Galaxy S3 I9300.
- The instructions given in this guide are meant for reference purpose only and do not cover any warranty claims involving device damage or issues arising out of installing the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update on the Galaxy S3. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
- Verify that your Galaxy S3 I9300 is rooted with ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) installed on it. Check out our step-by-step guide to root your Galaxy S3 and install CWM Recovery.
- Download Anaraxia ROM v5.0
- Verify that your phone's battery has at least 75 percent charge to prevent unexpected device shutdown (due to battery drain) while flashing the Android 4.1.2 Anaraxia custom ROM on the Galaxy S3.
How to Install Android 4.1.2 XXELKC Jelly Bean on Galaxy S3 I9300 with Anaraxia ROM
Method 1: If you are presently running a different ROM
1. Copy the Anaraxia ROM file to the root folder on your Galaxy S3′s SD card.
2. Switch off your phone. Press and hold Home, Volume Up and Power buttons together until the device boots into Recovery mode.
NOTE: In Recovery mode, use Volume buttons to navigate and Power button to select an option.
3. Take a NANDroid Backup of your current ROM. To do so, navigate to Backup and Restore and click Backup.
4. Choose Wipe Data/Factory Reset and click Yes to confirm.
5. Click Wipe Cache Partition and choose Yes to confirm.
6. Click Advanced and select Wipe Dalvik Cache. Finally, click Yes to confirm.
7. To flash the ROM, choose Install ZIP from SD card then click Choose ZIP from SD card. Now, locate and select the Anaraxia ROM file that you copied earlier to your phone and click Yes.
8. Hit Go Back and click Reboot System Now.
Method 2: If you are running an earlier version of this ROM
1. Copy Anaraxia ROM file to the root folder on your Galaxy S3′s SD card.
2. Power off your phone.
3. Boot into recovery mode by pressing and holding Home, Volume Up, and Power buttons together.
NOTE: In recovery mode, use Volume keys to navigate through options and Power button to select it.
4. Take a NANDroid Backup of your current ROM. Go to Backup and Restore and click Backup.
5. Choose Wipe Cache Partition and click Yes to confirm.
6. Hit Advance, select Wipe Dalvik Cache and click Yes to confirm.
7. Choose Install ZIP from SD card, click Choose ZIP from SD card. Now, browse and select the Anaraxia ROM file that you copied to your phone in step 1 and click Yes.
8. Click Advanced and Fix Permissions.
9. Hit Go Back and click Reboot System Now.
You have now successfully installed Android 4.1.2 Anaraxia Jelly Bean ROM on your Galaxy S3 I9300.
[Source: Android Authority]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James