Apple TV May Hit Indian Shores in December; Likely to be Priced at ₹ 6,990
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | December 15, 2012 10:46 PM EST
A report published in BGR quoting multiple sources said, the Cupertino-based firm is likely to launch the Apple TV in India by December end at a price tag of ₹ 6,990.
"We were sketchy on details about when Apple would launch it and at what price. Multiple sources have now confirmed to us that in all likelihood Apple would launch the Apple TV in the coming fortnight for Rs 6,990," as reported by BGR.
Apple TV has long been rumored for Indian release, but was never officially confirmed. The imminently launching Apple TV is apparently not the speculated Apple device which is being tested by its maker.
Apple TV is a digital media receiver which enables user to connect their television to iTunes Store. The device measures 23mm x 98mm x 98mm and weights 272 grams.It is powered by Apple's single-core A5 chip and supports streaming contents from YouTube and iTunes Stores up to 1080p high definition, and the AirPlay feature of Apple TV will allow the user to stream the content from their iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch onto their Television set.
"With the AirPlay feature, users can wirelessly stream content from their iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch on their TV. So if you want to watch a movie stored on one of your devices, you don't need to buy or rent it again to watch it on the TV. And with AirPlay Mirroring users can display the screen of their iPad or iPhone 4S on their TVs," reported TechCircle.in.
Though there is no official word from the company, the speculations are rife, as the company recently opened its iTunes Stores in India.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock EPS Raised to $7.67 Per Share; Apple Pay Could Be Promising in Australia
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date