Apple TV May Hit Indian Shores in December; Likely to be Priced at ₹ 6,990
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | December 15, 2012 10:46 PM EST
A report published in BGR quoting multiple sources said, the Cupertino-based firm is likely to launch the Apple TV in India by December end at a price tag of ₹ 6,990.
"We were sketchy on details about when Apple would launch it and at what price. Multiple sources have now confirmed to us that in all likelihood Apple would launch the Apple TV in the coming fortnight for Rs 6,990," as reported by BGR.
Apple TV has long been rumored for Indian release, but was never officially confirmed. The imminently launching Apple TV is apparently not the speculated Apple device which is being tested by its maker.
Apple TV is a digital media receiver which enables user to connect their television to iTunes Store. The device measures 23mm x 98mm x 98mm and weights 272 grams.It is powered by Apple's single-core A5 chip and supports streaming contents from YouTube and iTunes Stores up to 1080p high definition, and the AirPlay feature of Apple TV will allow the user to stream the content from their iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch onto their Television set.
"With the AirPlay feature, users can wirelessly stream content from their iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch on their TV. So if you want to watch a movie stored on one of your devices, you don't need to buy or rent it again to watch it on the TV. And with AirPlay Mirroring users can display the screen of their iPad or iPhone 4S on their TVs," reported TechCircle.in.
Though there is no official word from the company, the speculations are rife, as the company recently opened its iTunes Stores in India.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Sydney Software Firm Bigcommerce Teams Up With Alibaba To Beat Amazon
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’