Apple TV May Hit Indian Shores in December; Likely to be Priced at ₹ 6,990
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | December 15, 2012 10:46 PM EST
A report published in BGR quoting multiple sources said, the Cupertino-based firm is likely to launch the Apple TV in India by December end at a price tag of ₹ 6,990.
"We were sketchy on details about when Apple would launch it and at what price. Multiple sources have now confirmed to us that in all likelihood Apple would launch the Apple TV in the coming fortnight for Rs 6,990," as reported by BGR.
Apple TV has long been rumored for Indian release, but was never officially confirmed. The imminently launching Apple TV is apparently not the speculated Apple device which is being tested by its maker.
Apple TV is a digital media receiver which enables user to connect their television to iTunes Store. The device measures 23mm x 98mm x 98mm and weights 272 grams.It is powered by Apple's single-core A5 chip and supports streaming contents from YouTube and iTunes Stores up to 1080p high definition, and the AirPlay feature of Apple TV will allow the user to stream the content from their iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch onto their Television set.
"With the AirPlay feature, users can wirelessly stream content from their iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch on their TV. So if you want to watch a movie stored on one of your devices, you don't need to buy or rent it again to watch it on the TV. And with AirPlay Mirroring users can display the screen of their iPad or iPhone 4S on their TVs," reported TechCircle.in.
Though there is no official word from the company, the speculations are rife, as the company recently opened its iTunes Stores in India.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Malaysian Airlines Ukraine Tragedy Hits Asian Stock Markets
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales