Apple TV May Hit Indian Shores in December; Likely to be Priced at ₹ 6,990
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | December 15, 2012 10:46 PM EST
A report published in BGR quoting multiple sources said, the Cupertino-based firm is likely to launch the Apple TV in India by December end at a price tag of ₹ 6,990.
"We were sketchy on details about when Apple would launch it and at what price. Multiple sources have now confirmed to us that in all likelihood Apple would launch the Apple TV in the coming fortnight for Rs 6,990," as reported by BGR.
Apple TV has long been rumored for Indian release, but was never officially confirmed. The imminently launching Apple TV is apparently not the speculated Apple device which is being tested by its maker.
Apple TV is a digital media receiver which enables user to connect their television to iTunes Store. The device measures 23mm x 98mm x 98mm and weights 272 grams.It is powered by Apple's single-core A5 chip and supports streaming contents from YouTube and iTunes Stores up to 1080p high definition, and the AirPlay feature of Apple TV will allow the user to stream the content from their iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch onto their Television set.
"With the AirPlay feature, users can wirelessly stream content from their iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch on their TV. So if you want to watch a movie stored on one of your devices, you don't need to buy or rent it again to watch it on the TV. And with AirPlay Mirroring users can display the screen of their iPad or iPhone 4S on their TVs," reported TechCircle.in.
Though there is no official word from the company, the speculations are rife, as the company recently opened its iTunes Stores in India.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Apple Inc (AAPL) Stock May Reach $150; First Trillion Company Talks, iPhone 6 and Apple Watch Boost Price
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide