Xperia Launcher Now Available for Android Devices Running ICS or Higher Versions [Download Links]
By Shruti Hirur | December 15, 2012 4:39 PM EST
The Xperia Launcher has been ported for all Android devices running Android 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandiwich) or higher versions, thanks to XDA senior member ra3al. Tech enthusiasts who want to taste the Xperia launcher on their Android device can check out this tutorial.
The launcher comes with a range of features that were specific to the Xperia devices. It comes with 11 different home screens and customisable desktop in addition to the app drawer grid size (from 3x3 to 9x9). Also, it features resizable widgets, swipe up/down gestures, show/hide icon labels on desktop, enable/disable app sharing on social networks, backup and restore launcher settings, enable/disable tactile feedback (vibration), icon packs support and support for any resolution and any display density.
The launcher supports infinite scrolling on the desktop and the app drawer. It has been improved from the Gingerbread version.
The installation process of Xperia launcher seems to be simple. It includes installation of the APK file just like any other launcher application.
"With the easy installation and the decent feature set, this is an excellent launcher to try out if your current one is getting tiresome," claims a post on the XDA Developers' forum.
ICS users will have two possibilities for adding the widgets:
- Grid (drawer-like) interface which required root or installation as a system app
- Conventional (list-like) interface that does not require root
Jelly Bean users can use the Grid interface even without the root access. The Xperia launcher is reported to support all smartphones and tablets (both Xperia and non-Xperia) running ICS and higher versions; all ROMs are supported as well.
Xperia Launcher download links:
[Source: XDA Developers' Forum]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family