BREAKING: Shooting Reported at Newtown Elementary School in Connecticut
By Gianluca Mezzofiore | December 15, 2012 2:32 AM EST
A shooting spree has been reported at an elementary school in the city of Newtown in Connecticut.
School officials confirmed that police were responding to a report of a shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School.
Reuters confirmed that a gunman was dead after the shooting. Claims that a second shooter was involved but had evaded capture have not been confirmed.
State police have entered the school buildings where the shooting was reported. Children and staff were being evacuated but there were early reports of injuries.
All schools in Newtown have been put into lockdown, according to reports.
The 600-pupil Sandy Hook teaches children aged from five to 11.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan
- Australia Ranks 11th In World Ultra Wealth Report As 175 Aussies Amass $440B In 2013