Epic Records LA Reid Quitting X Factor USA
By Toyin Owoseje | December 14, 2012 11:31 PM EST
LA Reid will quit The X Factor USA.
The 56-year-old music mogul, who joined the judging panel when the show launched in 2011, revealed that he was stepping down to focus on his role as chairman of Epic Records. He will leave the show after this season's finale.
Apart from creator Simon Cowell, Reid was the only remaining judge who was there at the beginning after Britney Spears and Demi Lovato replaced Nicole Scherzinger and Paula Abdul.
Reid told Access Hollywood: "I have decided that I will not return to The X Factor next year. It saddens me a little bit, but only a little bit. I have a company to run that I've kind of neglected.
"This was a nice break but now it's time to get back to work."
Although he will no longer be working with Cowell, Reid, whose real name is Antonio M. Reid, insisted that the duo would remain close.
"I love Simon. We have a great relationship. We have fun together, we talk, we laugh and do bad things. We're friends."
The former Island Def Jam boss helped launch the careers of Mariah Carey, Usher, Rihanna, Kanye West and Jay-Z.
The winner of the X Factor USA will be signed to Epic Records, which is owned by Sony.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report