Google Revamps its Popular News App ‘Google Currents’
By Rohit KVN | December 14, 2012 9:15 PM EST
Search engine giant Google has redesigned its newsreader app Google Currents with an easy to use interface.
In its official blog on Thursday, Google said that the newly restructured app "optimizes news editions to look great on whatever type of device you're using. Now articles shine, with larger images and layouts that are intelligently optimized for your device, whether you're on a phone or a tablet."
Updated features in 'Google Currents' include:
- The app will now feature separate categories so that users can track their interests separately.
- The user can organise their favourite categories into groups. The categories will be displayed on a sidebar for easy access.
- The app has been made simpler to scan through headlines. The user can just swipe through the headline after reading to mark it as read. New stories will also roll out every time the app is opened.
- Google Currents uses Google's Search based technology to deliver the latest breaking stories in categories such as World, Entertainment, Sports, Science and more from the user's preferred news editions (websites). The app can be customised with prefered country and language.
The updated Google Currents is now available for Android devices and the iOS version will be released in the coming days. Buyers can click here to download the updated Google Currents at Google Play store.
Users can add thousands of editions to their tablets or smartphones through the app.
Google Currents was first released in December last year and was expanded internationally in April. Since then, millions of users have downloaded the app. With a new design and interface for the app, Google is sure to add many more users in to its fan base.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]