Kate Middleton Pregnancy Prank Call: Nurse Jacintha Saldanha Suicide Note Contents Disclosed
By Jenalyn Villamarin | December 14, 2012 5:11 PM EST
Westminister Coroners Court released on Thursday the inquest on the tragic death of Jacintha Saldanha. According to a police officer's statement at the hearing, the nurse left three notes for her family before committing suicide after her involvement in the Kate Middleton Royal prank phone call at King Edward VII Hospital.
"Jacintha Saldanha was found by a colleague and a member of security staff. Sadly she was found hanging. There were also injuries to her wrist. The London Ambulance Service was called to the scene," Detective Chief Inspector James Harman stated at the opening of the inquest.
Two notes were found close to Saldanha while the other one was discovered near her belongings. In one note, the 46-year-old nurse discussed her reaction to the prank call from the Australian radio hosts Michael Christian and Mel Greig. The second note included details of her funeral requests while the third note's contents addressed the criticisms on hospital staff at the King Edward VII Hospital.
Detective Chief Inspector James Harman told the court that there were no doubtful conditions surrounding the tragic death of Jacintha Saldanha. He also revealed that they have found Saldanha's "emails of relevance" and text messages sent which could help piece together the order of events prior to Saldanha's death in their investigation.
Inquest proceedings were postponed until March 2013 to allow the police officers make further investigation on the case which includes conducting interviews to the different staff members of the hospital and 2Day FM radio network. Police confirmed they would be able to obtain all of the Australian evidence by March.
Jacintha Saldanha's formal cause of death has yet been identified since toxicology reports still need to be finalized. Her family was not present at the hearing but some of her nurse colleagues came. The coroner even personally offered her condolences to everyone associated with Jacintha Saldanha.
Meanwhile, Benedict Barboza stated that his wife will be laid to rest in Shirva, India.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- MH370 Update: Australians Unveil New Map To Find The Missing Plane
- Ebola Virus 'Rapidly Mutating' as Research Finds Almost 400 Mutations; International Aid Moves at a Snail's Pace
- Court Grants Indian Man Divorce Over Wife’s Insatiable Sex Demands
- ISIS Threat: Australia Terror Alert Level at 'Medium' as Saudi King Warns of Attacks in Europe in a Month
- Shocking Ice Bucket Challenge Video: Man Drenches 10-Month-Old Granddaughter, Video Garnered Angry And Appalled Comments From Viewers
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Google Can Kill Samsung with Android KitKat and Android One: Here's How