Kate Middleton Pregnancy Prank Call: Nurse Jacintha Saldanha Suicide Note Contents Disclosed
By Jenalyn Villamarin | December 14, 2012 5:11 PM EST
Westminister Coroners Court released on Thursday the inquest on the tragic death of Jacintha Saldanha. According to a police officer's statement at the hearing, the nurse left three notes for her family before committing suicide after her involvement in the Kate Middleton Royal prank phone call at King Edward VII Hospital.
"Jacintha Saldanha was found by a colleague and a member of security staff. Sadly she was found hanging. There were also injuries to her wrist. The London Ambulance Service was called to the scene," Detective Chief Inspector James Harman stated at the opening of the inquest.
Two notes were found close to Saldanha while the other one was discovered near her belongings. In one note, the 46-year-old nurse discussed her reaction to the prank call from the Australian radio hosts Michael Christian and Mel Greig. The second note included details of her funeral requests while the third note's contents addressed the criticisms on hospital staff at the King Edward VII Hospital.
Detective Chief Inspector James Harman told the court that there were no doubtful conditions surrounding the tragic death of Jacintha Saldanha. He also revealed that they have found Saldanha's "emails of relevance" and text messages sent which could help piece together the order of events prior to Saldanha's death in their investigation.
Inquest proceedings were postponed until March 2013 to allow the police officers make further investigation on the case which includes conducting interviews to the different staff members of the hospital and 2Day FM radio network. Police confirmed they would be able to obtain all of the Australian evidence by March.
Jacintha Saldanha's formal cause of death has yet been identified since toxicology reports still need to be finalized. Her family was not present at the hearing but some of her nurse colleagues came. The coroner even personally offered her condolences to everyone associated with Jacintha Saldanha.
Meanwhile, Benedict Barboza stated that his wife will be laid to rest in Shirva, India.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Brad Pitt Still in Love with Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston, Staying with Angelina Jolie for Sake of Kids, Claims Brad's Psychic
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Miranda Kerr Broke Her Silence: Not Pregnant With James Packard’s Baby [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Viral Video Missouri Mall: Back-To-School Promo Of East Hills Mall In Missouri Goes Viral As Terrible Mall Ad [WATCH VIDEO]
- Woman Posts Ad for Herself As 'Professional Bridesmaid' On Craigslist
- Mass Panic Over Houston's 'Blinking Lights' in the Sky; UFO Sceptics Still Not Convinced
- American Journalist Steven Sotloff at Risk of Beheading Too If US Gov’t Refuses to Pay $100 Million Ransom to Islamic State Like It Did With James Foley
- Social Gap Between New Zealand Ethnic Groups 'Worsening'
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- Google Works on Powering Up Chromebook Line to Kill Competitors, Nvidia Joins with Acer for New Killer Laptop