Kate Middleton Pregnancy Prank Call: Nurse Jacintha Saldanha Suicide Note Contents Disclosed
By Jenalyn Villamarin | December 14, 2012 5:11 PM EST
Westminister Coroners Court released on Thursday the inquest on the tragic death of Jacintha Saldanha. According to a police officer's statement at the hearing, the nurse left three notes for her family before committing suicide after her involvement in the Kate Middleton Royal prank phone call at King Edward VII Hospital.
"Jacintha Saldanha was found by a colleague and a member of security staff. Sadly she was found hanging. There were also injuries to her wrist. The London Ambulance Service was called to the scene," Detective Chief Inspector James Harman stated at the opening of the inquest.
Two notes were found close to Saldanha while the other one was discovered near her belongings. In one note, the 46-year-old nurse discussed her reaction to the prank call from the Australian radio hosts Michael Christian and Mel Greig. The second note included details of her funeral requests while the third note's contents addressed the criticisms on hospital staff at the King Edward VII Hospital.
Detective Chief Inspector James Harman told the court that there were no doubtful conditions surrounding the tragic death of Jacintha Saldanha. He also revealed that they have found Saldanha's "emails of relevance" and text messages sent which could help piece together the order of events prior to Saldanha's death in their investigation.
Inquest proceedings were postponed until March 2013 to allow the police officers make further investigation on the case which includes conducting interviews to the different staff members of the hospital and 2Day FM radio network. Police confirmed they would be able to obtain all of the Australian evidence by March.
Jacintha Saldanha's formal cause of death has yet been identified since toxicology reports still need to be finalized. Her family was not present at the hearing but some of her nurse colleagues came. The coroner even personally offered her condolences to everyone associated with Jacintha Saldanha.
Meanwhile, Benedict Barboza stated that his wife will be laid to rest in Shirva, India.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Has ‘Strict Style Guide,’ Expected To Wear Winter Wardrobes During Pregnancy
- Bizarre Sex Abuse: Man Licks Woman’s Foot in Canada, Runs Away With Her Shoe
- New Zealand Pre-schooler Suffers Attack For Wearing A Jewish Cap; Anti-Semitic Act Condemned
- Australia's Direct Action Policy To Increase Projected Emmisions By 2020 -- UN Report
- Canadian Soldier Dies in 'Freak Accident' at Work
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation