Kate Middleton Pregnancy Prank Call: Nurse Jacintha Saldanha Suicide Note Contents Disclosed
By Jenalyn Villamarin | December 14, 2012 5:11 PM EST
Westminister Coroners Court released on Thursday the inquest on the tragic death of Jacintha Saldanha. According to a police officer's statement at the hearing, the nurse left three notes for her family before committing suicide after her involvement in the Kate Middleton Royal prank phone call at King Edward VII Hospital.
"Jacintha Saldanha was found by a colleague and a member of security staff. Sadly she was found hanging. There were also injuries to her wrist. The London Ambulance Service was called to the scene," Detective Chief Inspector James Harman stated at the opening of the inquest.
Two notes were found close to Saldanha while the other one was discovered near her belongings. In one note, the 46-year-old nurse discussed her reaction to the prank call from the Australian radio hosts Michael Christian and Mel Greig. The second note included details of her funeral requests while the third note's contents addressed the criticisms on hospital staff at the King Edward VII Hospital.
Detective Chief Inspector James Harman told the court that there were no doubtful conditions surrounding the tragic death of Jacintha Saldanha. He also revealed that they have found Saldanha's "emails of relevance" and text messages sent which could help piece together the order of events prior to Saldanha's death in their investigation.
Inquest proceedings were postponed until March 2013 to allow the police officers make further investigation on the case which includes conducting interviews to the different staff members of the hospital and 2Day FM radio network. Police confirmed they would be able to obtain all of the Australian evidence by March.
Jacintha Saldanha's formal cause of death has yet been identified since toxicology reports still need to be finalized. Her family was not present at the hearing but some of her nurse colleagues came. The coroner even personally offered her condolences to everyone associated with Jacintha Saldanha.
Meanwhile, Benedict Barboza stated that his wife will be laid to rest in Shirva, India.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- UFO Falling 'Angel Hair' Strands Spotted By Portugal Residents [VIDEO]
- US Police Release Video Of Officers Shooting 12-Year-Old Tamir Rice
- US Toddler, 3, Shoots Mother To Death With 9mm Handgun
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Has 'Uncanny Ability,' Described As 'Posh' During Public Appearances
- NSW Girl, 12, Takes Wheel of Mazda MX5 & Saves Lives After Father Suffers Heart Attack
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast