Kate Middleton Pregnancy Prank Call: Nurse Jacintha Saldanha Suicide Note Contents Disclosed
By Jenalyn Villamarin | December 14, 2012 5:11 PM EST
Westminister Coroners Court released on Thursday the inquest on the tragic death of Jacintha Saldanha. According to a police officer's statement at the hearing, the nurse left three notes for her family before committing suicide after her involvement in the Kate Middleton Royal prank phone call at King Edward VII Hospital.
"Jacintha Saldanha was found by a colleague and a member of security staff. Sadly she was found hanging. There were also injuries to her wrist. The London Ambulance Service was called to the scene," Detective Chief Inspector James Harman stated at the opening of the inquest.
Two notes were found close to Saldanha while the other one was discovered near her belongings. In one note, the 46-year-old nurse discussed her reaction to the prank call from the Australian radio hosts Michael Christian and Mel Greig. The second note included details of her funeral requests while the third note's contents addressed the criticisms on hospital staff at the King Edward VII Hospital.
Detective Chief Inspector James Harman told the court that there were no doubtful conditions surrounding the tragic death of Jacintha Saldanha. He also revealed that they have found Saldanha's "emails of relevance" and text messages sent which could help piece together the order of events prior to Saldanha's death in their investigation.
Inquest proceedings were postponed until March 2013 to allow the police officers make further investigation on the case which includes conducting interviews to the different staff members of the hospital and 2Day FM radio network. Police confirmed they would be able to obtain all of the Australian evidence by March.
Jacintha Saldanha's formal cause of death has yet been identified since toxicology reports still need to be finalized. Her family was not present at the hearing but some of her nurse colleagues came. The coroner even personally offered her condolences to everyone associated with Jacintha Saldanha.
Meanwhile, Benedict Barboza stated that his wife will be laid to rest in Shirva, India.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Spotted All Smiles, Sickness Seems Over
- 14 Contestants For Miss Hitler 2014 Beauty Pageant Organised By Russian Equivalent Of Facebook
- ISIS Crucifies Teenage Boy For Filming Syrian Base; Image Of Baby Girl Being Beheaded Found [VIDEO]
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Planning Christmas With Her Family In Anmer Hall, Norfolk--Report
- Polish Pimps Tattoo Their Names On Sex Trade Workers As Sign Of Loyalty
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks
- U.S. Missile Shield In Europe Opens In Romania: Russia's Reservations Ignored
- Spain Offers To Train Iraqi Troops To Fight Back ISIS Militants: Kurdish Forces Making Gains In Kobani Against ISIS Surge