Justin Bieber Murder Plot: New Details Emerge, Biebs Camp Responds
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | December 14, 2012 8:06 AM EST
The Justin Bieber murder plot exposed earlier this week is getting more interesting by the day as new details continue to emerge.
The first word out of the Bieber camp regarding the alleged plot has been released, as the singer's management issued a statement saying that they are taking “every precaution to protect and insure the safety of Justin [Bieber] and his fans," the Associated Press reported Thursday.
Some of the new revelations are downright hilarious, for instance the fact that two of the would-be killers were arrested after missing a turn on their way while driving cross-country to Madison Square Garden, leading them to mistakenly end up in Vermont, and eventually cross into Canada, according to the AP.
Those two men, Mark Staake and Tanner Ruane, were hoping to go to the New York City stadium for a Justin Bieber concert, at which they allegedly hoped to kill Justin Bieber and his manager by strangling them with paisley ties, according to New Mexico's KRQE News. On the way they were allegedly planning to kill two other victims first.
But during their wrong-turn trek through New England and Canada, they were arrested, and the duo now face multiple charges in connection with the now-infamous Justin Bieber murder plot, the AP reported.
“Through follow-up investigation it was discovered that Justin Bieber may have also been a target of the murder plot," a law enforcement official identified only as “Lt. Robert McDonald” told the AP via e-mail.
The pay-off Staake was to receive from the plot's alleged mastermind, Las Cruces prison inmate and convicted killer Dana Martin, for the castration of the first two victims was allegedly $2,500 for each testicle removed with pruning shears, the affidavit said, according to the AP. The AP added that, contrary to the original reports, it did not seem that there was such a ransom for Bieber's genitals.
According to the documents, Justin Bieber and his bodyguard were allegedly reffered to as “J.B.” and “M.B.” by Martin, who told police Bieber's “measure of fame” had led Martin to “become infatuated” with the Biebs, and when Bieber failed to respond to repeated attempts to contact him, Martin turned angry toward him, leading to the alleged murder plot. Martin, who was also upset at his lack of a reputation, has a tattoo of Bieber on his leg, according to KRQE.
Martin went on to explain to law enforcement authorities that "he was seeking a measure of notoriety so that there would be people outside of prison who would know who he ... was," the AP reported.
Canada's CBC News reports that Vermont police arrested Staake on Nov. 19 for violating his probation, and that he is wanted in New Mexico on two counts each of conspiracy to commit murder and conspiracy to commit aggravated battery with a deadly weapon in connection with the alleged Justin Bieber murder plot.
The Justin Bieber murder plot was reportedly planned in excruciating detail last month before it was foiled as one of the would-be killers turned on his associates.
Martin is serving a double life sentence for the 2000 rape and murder of a teenage girl in Vermont. But KRQE News reports that he masterminded the plot, recruiting Staake, a fellow prisoner set to be released from New Mexico's Las Cruces prison, to strangle Bieber and three other people upon his release from the detention facility.
This actual Justin Bieber murder plot comes on the heels of a seemingly never-ending stream of death hoaxes aimed at celebrities across the entertainment spectrum.
Bieber himself has even been the target of Twitter death hoaxes, in which erroneous news of a celebrity's passing spreads virally via the ubiquitous social media site.
And on Wednesday another erroneous report of Justin Bieber's "death" hit the web via Global Associated News, which falsely reported that the singer had died that day in a car crash.
But Justin Bieber's online death hoax is just one of many in recent years. Remy Ma, Eddie Murphy, Kanye West, Jeff Goldblum, Britney Spears, Morgan Freeman, Reese Witherspoon, Barack Obama, Kim Jong-Un, Phil Collins, Gotye, Pitbull, Usher, Robin Williams, Keke Palmer, Patrick Dempsey, Chingy, Paul McCartney, Rowan Atkinson, Madonna, Soulja Boy, Adele, Demi Moore, Jon Bon Jovi, Cher, Tony Danza, Jackie Chan, Hugh Hefner, Mick Jagger, and numerous other celebrities have found themselves at the mercy of Internet pranksters who claimed that they were dead on Twitter, usually by getting a tweet starting with "R.I.P." or "RIP" and a celeb's name to go viral on social media sites, especially Twitter.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation