Were There Any Babies Born On 12/12/12? 5 U.S. Children Born With 'Once-In-A Century' Good Luck
By Maria Vultaggio | December 14, 2012 7:55 AM EST
As of late Thursday afternoon 5 newborns were born into the world on 12/12/12 with once-in-a century luck, the Associated Press reported.
The newborns entered the world on 12/12/12 at 12:12.
Tiffaney and Joshua Diles from Chillicothe, Ohio welcomed their son, Austin Matthew, into the world at exactly 12:12 a.m. Wednesday, Ohio's WTTE-TV reported.
“The nurses went crazy,” Diles told the news outlet. “At that point I wasn’t thinking about that, I just wanted to get it done.”
According to the AP, one more boy and then three girls were reported to have been born 12 hours later.
Boston parents Colleen and Joe Klinker welcomed their daughter Noelle Joy Klinker.
Robin Heaton from Fremont, Nebraska gave birth to her daughter Zoey and according to the New York Post, a currently unmanned baby girl was born to Michael and Olivia Patterson from Manhattan, New York.
The Times asked it’s readers for suggestions for the unnamed baby girl, which one commenter replied “Docenta” -- it means “dozen” in Spanish.
The (Newark) Star-Ledger reported that Debbie and Joe Turner from Brick, New Jersey, survivors of Superstorm Sandy, now have their own personal reminder of the storm of the century after naming their son Carson Hurricane Turner.
Jennifer Oehlert welcomed baby boy Kaiden Derone into the world when he was born in St. Genevieve, Missouri according to KFVS. The news site added that the hospital kept with the theme of twelve by lavishing the new family with a dozen presents.
It hasn’t been reported whether or not any of the 12/12/12 good luck babies were born at 12 pounds 12 ounces.
Though some people believe that 12/12/12 is a lucky number, Underwood Dudley, a retired professor of mathematics who taught at DePauw University, explained to ABC News that dates don’t have any meaning.
"Other than that, it's just a number. The delusion of numerologists is that numbers have a power over events, but they don't. Just because it's 12-12-12 doesn't mean anything will happen. It would happen anyway," Dudley said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy