Eamonn Kilbride Dies After Dancing 'Gangnam Style' At Office Christmas Party
By Amethyst Tate | December 14, 2012 7:38 AM EST
British father Eamonn Kilbride, 46, died after dancing "Gangnam Style."
His wife, Julie, told the Sun, “We were having a fantastic time at the Christmas party and Eamonn had just finished dancing to Gangnam Style.
"He was up on stage and entertaining everybody. He said he had a bit of a pain and just collapsed.”
The father of three was at his office Christmas party when the incident occurred.
"Gangnam Style" by Korean rapper Psy was recently named the most watched video in Youtube history.
The video, since being uploaded in July, has more than 800 million views. "Gangnam Style" beat out "Baby" by Justin Bieber to take the No. 1 spot.
Youtube Trend Manager Kevin Allocca wrote in a blog post over the weekend, "Each day, 'Gangnam Style' is still being watched between 7 and 10 million times” and has “been a massive hit at a global level unlike anything we've ever seen before."
In the U.S., the single recently broke into ITune's Chart Top 20, and Psy performed the dance on MTV's VMA Awards and at the MTV Europe Music Awards.
Psy, whose real name is Jason Park, said he still has no idea how his song has taken the world by storm, in an interview with Ryan Seacrest. He has been singing in South Korea for 12 years and is a massive star there but calls himself a "rookie" when it comes to fame in America.
Psy has definitely been noticed by celebrities in the states. LMFAO remixed his mega-hit, and actress Milla Jovovich recently showed off her dance moves to the song. Artist T-Pain tweeted, "GANGNAM STYLE live looks pretty much like to most fun thing ever!" Everyone from Heidi Klum to Britney Spears has tried to learn the moves of the South Korean sensation.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery