Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson Advertised To Appear At WWE Elimination Chamber
By Tom Herrmann | December 14, 2012 5:52 AM EST
WWE fans have known that the Rock has been set to return to in-ring action at the Royal Rumble pay-per-view in January, but Dwayne Johnson has reportedly set aside time to perform at February’s Elimination Chamber event, reports NoDQ.
At RAW 1000 in July, the Most Electrifying Man in Sports Entertainment announced that he would be facing whoever held the WWE title six months later at the Rumble. Since then Rocky’s possible WWE appearances have been speculated by fans.
In 2013, Johnson has six movies coming out, according to IMDB. The wrestler turned actor will be playing Roadblock in “G.I. Joe: Retaliation” in March, just prior to WrestleMania XXIX, as well as appearing in “Snitch,” “Empire State,” “Pain and Gain,” “The Fast and the Furious 6” and “Lore.”
Over the past two years, the Rock has graced wrestling fans with his presence at the convenience of his schedule, but now he is stepping away from his grudge match with John Cena from last year’s WrestleMania XXVIII and entering into the WWE Championship picture. This means that Dwayne Johnson is going to combine the hectic schedule of a movie star and the equally intense schedule of a WWE performer.
The Rock is expected to be the man who ends CM Punks lengthy title reign as WWE Champion come Jan. 27 and to carry the belt at least through WrestleMania season, possibly building to Rock vs. Cena II for the WWE Title. This means that WWE fans will be hearing a great deal about the new “G.I. Joe” film, even more so than last year’s “Journey 2: The Mysterious Island” which also starred Johnson and had a release near WrestleMania.
Prior to his role as a movie star, Dwayne Johnson performed in WWE from 1996 until 2003, and in that short time has become one of the most celebrated pro wrestlers of all time. He has held nine World Championships in his time with the company, along with having some of the best physical and talking abilities in the pro wrestling industry.
From 2005 to 2009, the Rock would make occasional appearance on WWE TV, but never played as consistent of a role as he did in 2011 when he returned as the official host of WrestleMania XXVII. His work at the event was minimal, but it ultimately lead to a yearlong, out-of-ring feud with John Cena.
The Cenation Leader met the People’s Champion at WrestleMania XXVIII, with the Rock beating Cena to solidify himself as the Great One. Both men are arguably the most popular of their eras, and are expected to face off again April 7, 2013 at WrestleMania XXIX.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Young and the Restless July 28- August 1 Spoilers, Cast News: Updates on Devon, Hilary, Chelsea, Billy, Jack, Phyllis Plus Criminal Minds Actor Returns
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Daenerys Targaryen vs Yezzan, Nymeria Sand Actress Announced at Comic Con 2014
- Sons of Anarchy Charlie Hunnam Heartbroken about Walking Away from Fifty Shades of Grey [VIDEO]
- The Walking Dead Season 5 Official Trailer Released Plus Premiere Date, Spoilers: Gun Battle, Zombies, Beth Greene [VIDEO]
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Rolls Out: When to Hit Your Region
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide