Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson Advertised To Appear At WWE Elimination Chamber
By Tom Herrmann | December 14, 2012 5:52 AM EST
WWE fans have known that the Rock has been set to return to in-ring action at the Royal Rumble pay-per-view in January, but Dwayne Johnson has reportedly set aside time to perform at February’s Elimination Chamber event, reports NoDQ.
At RAW 1000 in July, the Most Electrifying Man in Sports Entertainment announced that he would be facing whoever held the WWE title six months later at the Rumble. Since then Rocky’s possible WWE appearances have been speculated by fans.
In 2013, Johnson has six movies coming out, according to IMDB. The wrestler turned actor will be playing Roadblock in “G.I. Joe: Retaliation” in March, just prior to WrestleMania XXIX, as well as appearing in “Snitch,” “Empire State,” “Pain and Gain,” “The Fast and the Furious 6” and “Lore.”
Over the past two years, the Rock has graced wrestling fans with his presence at the convenience of his schedule, but now he is stepping away from his grudge match with John Cena from last year’s WrestleMania XXVIII and entering into the WWE Championship picture. This means that Dwayne Johnson is going to combine the hectic schedule of a movie star and the equally intense schedule of a WWE performer.
The Rock is expected to be the man who ends CM Punks lengthy title reign as WWE Champion come Jan. 27 and to carry the belt at least through WrestleMania season, possibly building to Rock vs. Cena II for the WWE Title. This means that WWE fans will be hearing a great deal about the new “G.I. Joe” film, even more so than last year’s “Journey 2: The Mysterious Island” which also starred Johnson and had a release near WrestleMania.
Prior to his role as a movie star, Dwayne Johnson performed in WWE from 1996 until 2003, and in that short time has become one of the most celebrated pro wrestlers of all time. He has held nine World Championships in his time with the company, along with having some of the best physical and talking abilities in the pro wrestling industry.
From 2005 to 2009, the Rock would make occasional appearance on WWE TV, but never played as consistent of a role as he did in 2011 when he returned as the official host of WrestleMania XXVII. His work at the event was minimal, but it ultimately lead to a yearlong, out-of-ring feud with John Cena.
The Cenation Leader met the People’s Champion at WrestleMania XXVIII, with the Rock beating Cena to solidify himself as the Great One. Both men are arguably the most popular of their eras, and are expected to face off again April 7, 2013 at WrestleMania XXIX.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown