Plot to Kill Justin Bieber Foiled; Cops Arrest Two Men
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | December 14, 2012 5:55 AM EST
Cops have reportedly foiled a plot to kill teen singing sensation Justin Bieber, who was recently honoured with three American Music Awards, and two men, who were supposed to carry out the murder, have been arrested.
It is reported that Mark Staake and his nephew Tanner Ruane were hired to kill the "Baby" singer by Dana Martin, who is serving in prison for rape and murder case. Police claimed that the duo met the prisoner at Las Cruces prison in New Mexico.
The police claimed that the duo were hired to kill the superstar by strangling him with a necktie and a pair of pruning sheers were found in the car of one of the men arrested. The plot to kill the Canadian singer was planned to take place during his concert in New York last month.
It is reported that the police have got the conversation between the men on phone including that of Mr. Ruane telling Martin that the plan to kill Justin Bieber had failed.
Martin, who is said to be obsessed with the 18-year-old singer and even has a tattoo of him, had reportedly ordered Staake and Ruane to castrate and kill the singer and his bodyguard.
Justin Bieber shot to fame at the age of 15 with the release of the seven-track 'My World' in 2009. He is the first artist to have all the songs of a debut album feature on the Billboard Hot 100. His album 'My World 2.0' was released in 2010 and was certified platinum in the United States. His single "Baby" became a huge hit worldwide. He then release the album 'Under the Mistletoe' in 2011, followed by another album 'Believe' in 2012. He has received many American Music Awards and was nominated to the Grammys.
With huge fan following around the globe and 15 million albums being sold so far, Forbes magazine named him the third most powerful celebrity in the world in 2012.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga