United Chasing £36m New Ronaldo as Nani Replacement – Report
By Vanessa Keller | December 13, 2012 7:55 PM EST
Manchester United are believed to be chasing Porto star James Rodriguez, according to local media, with the winger an apt replacement for the outgoing Luis Nani in January.
A January exit looks likely for the star as he continues to be left of the mix by Ferguson, and with the club facing the prospect of losing a talented winger, the Manchester Evening News is reporting that the Scot is chasing Columbia international Rodriguez for a quick replacement.
Rodriguez has been dubbed by the Portuguese media as the next Cristiano Ronaldo, and though Nani was handed the same tag at one stage, the 21 year old seems to do no wrong for his current club, scoring eight times in 17 appearances so far this season.
Ferguson surprised fans when he purchased Ashley Young in the 2011 summer transfer window, bringing another winger into the fray when he already had the likes of Antonio Valencia and Nani, but the England international has proven that depth within the club's attacking options can make a huge difference to their push for trophies.
Rodriguez could in fact be the answer to all of Ferguson's prayers, with the youngster's age signifying a lot of potential and the opportunity to be moulded into the United style of play.
And with the club looking likely to make a tidy profit from the sale of Nani, the local paper is reporting that United could have around £20 million in the bank, which would make a great start in affording the £36 million which Rodriguez is believed to be worth.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Lamar Odom’s Hope Of Reuniting With Khloe Kardashian Crushed, ‘KUWTK’ Star Reportedly Dating Wiz Khalifa
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’