United Chasing £36m New Ronaldo as Nani Replacement – Report
By Vanessa Keller | December 13, 2012 7:55 PM EST
Manchester United are believed to be chasing Porto star James Rodriguez, according to local media, with the winger an apt replacement for the outgoing Luis Nani in January.
A January exit looks likely for the star as he continues to be left of the mix by Ferguson, and with the club facing the prospect of losing a talented winger, the Manchester Evening News is reporting that the Scot is chasing Columbia international Rodriguez for a quick replacement.
Rodriguez has been dubbed by the Portuguese media as the next Cristiano Ronaldo, and though Nani was handed the same tag at one stage, the 21 year old seems to do no wrong for his current club, scoring eight times in 17 appearances so far this season.
Ferguson surprised fans when he purchased Ashley Young in the 2011 summer transfer window, bringing another winger into the fray when he already had the likes of Antonio Valencia and Nani, but the England international has proven that depth within the club's attacking options can make a huge difference to their push for trophies.
Rodriguez could in fact be the answer to all of Ferguson's prayers, with the youngster's age signifying a lot of potential and the opportunity to be moulded into the United style of play.
And with the club looking likely to make a tidy profit from the sale of Nani, the local paper is reporting that United could have around £20 million in the bank, which would make a great start in affording the £36 million which Rodriguez is believed to be worth.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Camilla Parker-Bowles To Become Queen When Prince Charles Accedes To The Throne
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage