Manny Pacquiao Brushes Off Justin Bieber's Mocking Tweets
By Diadem Pambid | December 13, 2012 2:00 PM EST
Leave it to the Philippine boxing champion, Manny "Pacman" Pacquiao to be humble amidst defeat. Unlike some other sore losers in the boxing business, Manny had remained mum and had even laughed off hilarious internet memes of him. Yet, what was Manny's comment and reaction with regards to the Justin Bieber issue?
Canadian pop artist, Justin Bieber, who is a known supporter of Floyd Mayweather Jr. had posted insulting photos of Manny "Pacman" Pacquiao on his Instagram account minutes after the big fight that Manny had lost.
The first photo posted by Bieber was that of Manny being woken up by Simba with the caption that read, "Wake up Dad." This was followed by another photo of Pacman edited alongside Michael Jackson with the caption, "Pacquiao doing the lean with MJ.. Classic moment."
Justin Bieber had obviously found this funny and rather than apologizing to Filipino fans who had been insulted by the tweets, Bieber had simply shrugged it off. The 18-year old singer even went on to add how Marquez had been defeated mercilessly by his idol, Mayweather. Also, claimed Mayweather had nothing to gain from fighting Manny Pacquiao.
"He has nothing to gain fighting pacqiao, Floyd has never in his professional career lost a fight and Pacqiao lost his last two fights. If Floyd wins its not that big of a deal Cuz it would be his third loss in a row, and lf he loses he's gonna ruin his legacy either way there's no big win for Mayweather.. Mayweather is boxing," explained Bieber.
After days from the fight, Manny had finally spoken up and unlike his enraged Filipino fans, Pacman had simply shrugged off all the internet memes including that of Justin Biebers insults.
"Sabi nga sa kautusan ng Panginoon (The Word of the Lord says), pray for those who persecute you,"said Pacquiao, adding, "So we will pray for them. Patawarin natin sila. (Let us forgive them)."
Still, this has not stopped enraged Filipino fans from retaliating against the Canadian singer. As of the latest, Justin Bieber is set to be banned from the Philippine shores. If there are still a few "Beliebers" left in the Philippines, they'd better get Justin to apologize or risk not ever seeing their "Baby" singer ever again.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Minnesota Timberwolves 2015-2015 NBA Preview: Wiggins-Rubio Era In Minneapolis Begins
- Dallas Mavericks 2015-2015 NBA Preview: Nowitzki, Ellis Has New Shooting Partner In Parsons
- Los Angeles Clippers 2014-2015 NBA Preview: Chris Paul, Blake And Lob City Aiming High
- ‘The X Factor Australia' 2014 Winner Prediction - Dean Ray Will Win Title, According To Betting Odds; Marlisa Punzalan, Brothers 3 Are The Underdogs
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks
- U.S. Missile Shield In Europe Opens In Romania: Russia's Reservations Ignored
- Spain Offers To Train Iraqi Troops To Fight Back ISIS Militants: Kurdish Forces Making Gains In Kobani Against ISIS Surge