Manny Pacquiao Brushes Off Justin Bieber's Mocking Tweets
By Diadem Pambid | December 13, 2012 2:00 PM EST
Leave it to the Philippine boxing champion, Manny "Pacman" Pacquiao to be humble amidst defeat. Unlike some other sore losers in the boxing business, Manny had remained mum and had even laughed off hilarious internet memes of him. Yet, what was Manny's comment and reaction with regards to the Justin Bieber issue?
Canadian pop artist, Justin Bieber, who is a known supporter of Floyd Mayweather Jr. had posted insulting photos of Manny "Pacman" Pacquiao on his Instagram account minutes after the big fight that Manny had lost.
The first photo posted by Bieber was that of Manny being woken up by Simba with the caption that read, "Wake up Dad." This was followed by another photo of Pacman edited alongside Michael Jackson with the caption, "Pacquiao doing the lean with MJ.. Classic moment."
Justin Bieber had obviously found this funny and rather than apologizing to Filipino fans who had been insulted by the tweets, Bieber had simply shrugged it off. The 18-year old singer even went on to add how Marquez had been defeated mercilessly by his idol, Mayweather. Also, claimed Mayweather had nothing to gain from fighting Manny Pacquiao.
"He has nothing to gain fighting pacqiao, Floyd has never in his professional career lost a fight and Pacqiao lost his last two fights. If Floyd wins its not that big of a deal Cuz it would be his third loss in a row, and lf he loses he's gonna ruin his legacy either way there's no big win for Mayweather.. Mayweather is boxing," explained Bieber.
After days from the fight, Manny had finally spoken up and unlike his enraged Filipino fans, Pacman had simply shrugged off all the internet memes including that of Justin Biebers insults.
"Sabi nga sa kautusan ng Panginoon (The Word of the Lord says), pray for those who persecute you,"said Pacquiao, adding, "So we will pray for them. Patawarin natin sila. (Let us forgive them)."
Still, this has not stopped enraged Filipino fans from retaliating against the Canadian singer. As of the latest, Justin Bieber is set to be banned from the Philippine shores. If there are still a few "Beliebers" left in the Philippines, they'd better get Justin to apologize or risk not ever seeing their "Baby" singer ever again.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation