Manny Pacquiao Brushes Off Justin Bieber's Mocking Tweets
By Diadem Pambid | December 13, 2012 2:00 PM EST
Leave it to the Philippine boxing champion, Manny "Pacman" Pacquiao to be humble amidst defeat. Unlike some other sore losers in the boxing business, Manny had remained mum and had even laughed off hilarious internet memes of him. Yet, what was Manny's comment and reaction with regards to the Justin Bieber issue?
Canadian pop artist, Justin Bieber, who is a known supporter of Floyd Mayweather Jr. had posted insulting photos of Manny "Pacman" Pacquiao on his Instagram account minutes after the big fight that Manny had lost.
The first photo posted by Bieber was that of Manny being woken up by Simba with the caption that read, "Wake up Dad." This was followed by another photo of Pacman edited alongside Michael Jackson with the caption, "Pacquiao doing the lean with MJ.. Classic moment."
Justin Bieber had obviously found this funny and rather than apologizing to Filipino fans who had been insulted by the tweets, Bieber had simply shrugged it off. The 18-year old singer even went on to add how Marquez had been defeated mercilessly by his idol, Mayweather. Also, claimed Mayweather had nothing to gain from fighting Manny Pacquiao.
"He has nothing to gain fighting pacqiao, Floyd has never in his professional career lost a fight and Pacqiao lost his last two fights. If Floyd wins its not that big of a deal Cuz it would be his third loss in a row, and lf he loses he's gonna ruin his legacy either way there's no big win for Mayweather.. Mayweather is boxing," explained Bieber.
After days from the fight, Manny had finally spoken up and unlike his enraged Filipino fans, Pacman had simply shrugged off all the internet memes including that of Justin Biebers insults.
"Sabi nga sa kautusan ng Panginoon (The Word of the Lord says), pray for those who persecute you,"said Pacquiao, adding, "So we will pray for them. Patawarin natin sila. (Let us forgive them)."
Still, this has not stopped enraged Filipino fans from retaliating against the Canadian singer. As of the latest, Justin Bieber is set to be banned from the Philippine shores. If there are still a few "Beliebers" left in the Philippines, they'd better get Justin to apologize or risk not ever seeing their "Baby" singer ever again.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: Spain vs. Iran Preview, Starting Lineups
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Finland Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Wenger's Take on Falcao and Rabiot
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Google Can Kill Samsung with Android KitKat and Android One: Here's How