Boston Beer Soars After Lifting Full-Year Guidance
December 13, 2012 10:39 AM EST
Shares of Boston Beer (NYSE: SAM [FREE Stock Trend Analysis]) soared in Wednesday's after hours trading session after the company lifted its full-year earnings guidance following the closing bell. Shares rose around 13 percent to trade near $129.00. Although volume in the after hours has been very light, there were a number of aggressive bidders pushing the stock up sharply. The name should capture significant attention on Thursday.
The company cited increased shipment volumes and the timing of certain selling, general and administrative expenses in lifting its outlook. Boston Beer now expects 2012 earnings per share to be between $4.30 and $4.60. This compares to its previous outlook of $3.80 to $4.20 per share for the full-year. The updated guidance is above analysts' current consensus EPS estimates of $4.21.
Boston Beer also said that depletions growth for the year will be between 11 percent and 13 percent. For 2013, the company increased its depletions growth projection to between 10 percent and 15 percent versus its prior growth estimates of high single digits.
(c) 2012 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Copyright Benzinga. All rights reserved.
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’