Boston Beer Soars After Lifting Full-Year Guidance
December 13, 2012 10:39 AM EST
Shares of Boston Beer (NYSE: SAM [FREE Stock Trend Analysis]) soared in Wednesday's after hours trading session after the company lifted its full-year earnings guidance following the closing bell. Shares rose around 13 percent to trade near $129.00. Although volume in the after hours has been very light, there were a number of aggressive bidders pushing the stock up sharply. The name should capture significant attention on Thursday.
The company cited increased shipment volumes and the timing of certain selling, general and administrative expenses in lifting its outlook. Boston Beer now expects 2012 earnings per share to be between $4.30 and $4.60. This compares to its previous outlook of $3.80 to $4.20 per share for the full-year. The updated guidance is above analysts' current consensus EPS estimates of $4.21.
Boston Beer also said that depletions growth for the year will be between 11 percent and 13 percent. For 2013, the company increased its depletions growth projection to between 10 percent and 15 percent versus its prior growth estimates of high single digits.
(c) 2012 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Copyright Benzinga. All rights reserved.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
- Miranda Kerr Broke Her Silence: Not Pregnant With James Packard’s Baby [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists