Boston Beer Soars After Lifting Full-Year Guidance
December 13, 2012 10:39 AM EST
Shares of Boston Beer (NYSE: SAM [FREE Stock Trend Analysis]) soared in Wednesday's after hours trading session after the company lifted its full-year earnings guidance following the closing bell. Shares rose around 13 percent to trade near $129.00. Although volume in the after hours has been very light, there were a number of aggressive bidders pushing the stock up sharply. The name should capture significant attention on Thursday.
The company cited increased shipment volumes and the timing of certain selling, general and administrative expenses in lifting its outlook. Boston Beer now expects 2012 earnings per share to be between $4.30 and $4.60. This compares to its previous outlook of $3.80 to $4.20 per share for the full-year. The updated guidance is above analysts' current consensus EPS estimates of $4.21.
Boston Beer also said that depletions growth for the year will be between 11 percent and 13 percent. For 2013, the company increased its depletions growth projection to between 10 percent and 15 percent versus its prior growth estimates of high single digits.
(c) 2012 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Copyright Benzinga. All rights reserved.
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks
- U.S. Missile Shield In Europe Opens In Romania: Russia's Reservations Ignored
- Spain Offers To Train Iraqi Troops To Fight Back ISIS Militants: Kurdish Forces Making Gains In Kobani Against ISIS Surge