Boston Beer Soars After Lifting Full-Year Guidance
December 13, 2012 10:39 AM EST
Shares of Boston Beer (NYSE: SAM [FREE Stock Trend Analysis]) soared in Wednesday's after hours trading session after the company lifted its full-year earnings guidance following the closing bell. Shares rose around 13 percent to trade near $129.00. Although volume in the after hours has been very light, there were a number of aggressive bidders pushing the stock up sharply. The name should capture significant attention on Thursday.
The company cited increased shipment volumes and the timing of certain selling, general and administrative expenses in lifting its outlook. Boston Beer now expects 2012 earnings per share to be between $4.30 and $4.60. This compares to its previous outlook of $3.80 to $4.20 per share for the full-year. The updated guidance is above analysts' current consensus EPS estimates of $4.21.
Boston Beer also said that depletions growth for the year will be between 11 percent and 13 percent. For 2013, the company increased its depletions growth projection to between 10 percent and 15 percent versus its prior growth estimates of high single digits.
(c) 2012 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Copyright Benzinga. All rights reserved.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed