Evelyn Lozada Bares All For New PETA Ad: 'Cross Cruelty Off Your Shopping List—Go Fur-Free,' She Says [PHOTO]
By Amethyst Tate | December 13, 2012 1:46 AM EST
Evelyn Lozada has stripped down for PETA, choosing to go naked rather than wear fur.
In the winter campaign, reality star Lozada is lying on "snow" with snowflakes on her body. The ad says, “Animals killed for their fur are electrocuted, drowned, beatern, and often skinned alive. Cross cruelty off your shopping list—go fur-free.”
"I am an animal lover. I was definitely one of those people that wore fur years ago.
"I was looking online and seeing how these animals are tortured and skinned, and you don't really realize the hurt and the pain that they go through just for fashion, and I want to be a voice for them," Lozada said at the campaign launch in Los Angeles.
Last month, television personality Wendy Williams took her clothes off in support of PETA, also with the message that going naked is better than wearing fur.
Williams unveiled her winter campaign for the animal rights organization at Times Square in New York.
“We should all try to be comfortable in our own skin and let animals keep theirs,” Williams told PETA.
On the organization’s official site, it states that Williams is also encouraging “people who have fur coats to donate them to PETA so that they can be given to the homeless. PETA is working with shelters in Wendy's home state of New Jersey on coat drives this winter -- something that is in great demand as the numbers of needy and displaced people have increased following Hurricane Sandy.”
In the ad, her long hair is the only thing covering her chest as she lies down. In another ad, she is standing, and a tattoo she has across her lower stomach area is clearly visible.
In October, “Real Housewives of Miami” star Joanna Krupa bared it all for a PETA ad.
“There is nothing sexy about wearing something that is so obviously tied to senseless pain and killing,” Krupa told PETA.
While PETA has good intentions, the animal rights group is no stranger to controversy. Earlier this year, PETA launched an adult site, which includes an ad featuring former porn star Jenna Jameson dressed in lingerie with the caption, “Pleather yourself.”
"We're hoping to reach a whole new audience of people, some of whom will be shocked by graphic images that maybe they didn't anticipate seeing when they went to the PETA triple-X site," Lindsay Rajt, PETA's associate director of campaigns told Reuters.
But Jennifer Pozner, executive director of the New York-based advocacy group Women In Media & News, criticized PETA, calling the nonprofit organization “extremely disingenuous.”
"They have consistently used active sexism as their marketing strategy to garner attention. Their use of sexism has gotten more extreme and more degrading,” she went on to say.
Alicia Silverstone, Maggie Q, Pamela Anderson and Angela Simmons are among other notable names who have participated in ad campaigns for PETA.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans