Evelyn Lozada Bares All For New PETA Ad: 'Cross Cruelty Off Your Shopping List—Go Fur-Free,' She Says [PHOTO]
By Amethyst Tate | December 13, 2012 1:46 AM EST
Evelyn Lozada has stripped down for PETA, choosing to go naked rather than wear fur.
In the winter campaign, reality star Lozada is lying on "snow" with snowflakes on her body. The ad says, “Animals killed for their fur are electrocuted, drowned, beatern, and often skinned alive. Cross cruelty off your shopping list—go fur-free.”
"I am an animal lover. I was definitely one of those people that wore fur years ago.
"I was looking online and seeing how these animals are tortured and skinned, and you don't really realize the hurt and the pain that they go through just for fashion, and I want to be a voice for them," Lozada said at the campaign launch in Los Angeles.
Last month, television personality Wendy Williams took her clothes off in support of PETA, also with the message that going naked is better than wearing fur.
Williams unveiled her winter campaign for the animal rights organization at Times Square in New York.
“We should all try to be comfortable in our own skin and let animals keep theirs,” Williams told PETA.
On the organization’s official site, it states that Williams is also encouraging “people who have fur coats to donate them to PETA so that they can be given to the homeless. PETA is working with shelters in Wendy's home state of New Jersey on coat drives this winter -- something that is in great demand as the numbers of needy and displaced people have increased following Hurricane Sandy.”
In the ad, her long hair is the only thing covering her chest as she lies down. In another ad, she is standing, and a tattoo she has across her lower stomach area is clearly visible.
In October, “Real Housewives of Miami” star Joanna Krupa bared it all for a PETA ad.
“There is nothing sexy about wearing something that is so obviously tied to senseless pain and killing,” Krupa told PETA.
While PETA has good intentions, the animal rights group is no stranger to controversy. Earlier this year, PETA launched an adult site, which includes an ad featuring former porn star Jenna Jameson dressed in lingerie with the caption, “Pleather yourself.”
"We're hoping to reach a whole new audience of people, some of whom will be shocked by graphic images that maybe they didn't anticipate seeing when they went to the PETA triple-X site," Lindsay Rajt, PETA's associate director of campaigns told Reuters.
But Jennifer Pozner, executive director of the New York-based advocacy group Women In Media & News, criticized PETA, calling the nonprofit organization “extremely disingenuous.”
"They have consistently used active sexism as their marketing strategy to garner attention. Their use of sexism has gotten more extreme and more degrading,” she went on to say.
Alicia Silverstone, Maggie Q, Pamela Anderson and Angela Simmons are among other notable names who have participated in ad campaigns for PETA.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best