Evelyn Lozada Bares All For New PETA Ad: 'Cross Cruelty Off Your Shopping List—Go Fur-Free,' She Says [PHOTO]
By Amethyst Tate | December 13, 2012 1:46 AM EST
Evelyn Lozada has stripped down for PETA, choosing to go naked rather than wear fur.
In the winter campaign, reality star Lozada is lying on "snow" with snowflakes on her body. The ad says, “Animals killed for their fur are electrocuted, drowned, beatern, and often skinned alive. Cross cruelty off your shopping list—go fur-free.”
"I am an animal lover. I was definitely one of those people that wore fur years ago.
"I was looking online and seeing how these animals are tortured and skinned, and you don't really realize the hurt and the pain that they go through just for fashion, and I want to be a voice for them," Lozada said at the campaign launch in Los Angeles.
Last month, television personality Wendy Williams took her clothes off in support of PETA, also with the message that going naked is better than wearing fur.
Williams unveiled her winter campaign for the animal rights organization at Times Square in New York.
“We should all try to be comfortable in our own skin and let animals keep theirs,” Williams told PETA.
On the organization’s official site, it states that Williams is also encouraging “people who have fur coats to donate them to PETA so that they can be given to the homeless. PETA is working with shelters in Wendy's home state of New Jersey on coat drives this winter -- something that is in great demand as the numbers of needy and displaced people have increased following Hurricane Sandy.”
In the ad, her long hair is the only thing covering her chest as she lies down. In another ad, she is standing, and a tattoo she has across her lower stomach area is clearly visible.
In October, “Real Housewives of Miami” star Joanna Krupa bared it all for a PETA ad.
“There is nothing sexy about wearing something that is so obviously tied to senseless pain and killing,” Krupa told PETA.
While PETA has good intentions, the animal rights group is no stranger to controversy. Earlier this year, PETA launched an adult site, which includes an ad featuring former porn star Jenna Jameson dressed in lingerie with the caption, “Pleather yourself.”
"We're hoping to reach a whole new audience of people, some of whom will be shocked by graphic images that maybe they didn't anticipate seeing when they went to the PETA triple-X site," Lindsay Rajt, PETA's associate director of campaigns told Reuters.
But Jennifer Pozner, executive director of the New York-based advocacy group Women In Media & News, criticized PETA, calling the nonprofit organization “extremely disingenuous.”
"They have consistently used active sexism as their marketing strategy to garner attention. Their use of sexism has gotten more extreme and more degrading,” she went on to say.
Alicia Silverstone, Maggie Q, Pamela Anderson and Angela Simmons are among other notable names who have participated in ad campaigns for PETA.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Young and the Restless July 28- August 1 Spoilers, Cast News: Updates on Devon, Hilary, Chelsea, Billy, Jack, Phyllis Plus Criminal Minds Actor Returns
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Daenerys Targaryen vs Yezzan, Nymeria Sand Actress Announced at Comic Con 2014
- Sons of Anarchy Charlie Hunnam Heartbroken about Walking Away from Fifty Shades of Grey [VIDEO]
- The Walking Dead Season 5 Official Trailer Released Plus Premiere Date, Spoilers: Gun Battle, Zombies, Beth Greene [VIDEO]
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]
- Sony Xperia Z3 Specs Leaked with More Killer Features Ahead of Samsung Galaxy Note 4, iPhone 6