Evelyn Lozada Bares All For New PETA Ad: 'Cross Cruelty Off Your Shopping List—Go Fur-Free,' She Says [PHOTO]
By Amethyst Tate | December 13, 2012 1:46 AM EST
Evelyn Lozada has stripped down for PETA, choosing to go naked rather than wear fur.
In the winter campaign, reality star Lozada is lying on "snow" with snowflakes on her body. The ad says, “Animals killed for their fur are electrocuted, drowned, beatern, and often skinned alive. Cross cruelty off your shopping list—go fur-free.”
"I am an animal lover. I was definitely one of those people that wore fur years ago.
"I was looking online and seeing how these animals are tortured and skinned, and you don't really realize the hurt and the pain that they go through just for fashion, and I want to be a voice for them," Lozada said at the campaign launch in Los Angeles.
Last month, television personality Wendy Williams took her clothes off in support of PETA, also with the message that going naked is better than wearing fur.
Williams unveiled her winter campaign for the animal rights organization at Times Square in New York.
“We should all try to be comfortable in our own skin and let animals keep theirs,” Williams told PETA.
On the organization’s official site, it states that Williams is also encouraging “people who have fur coats to donate them to PETA so that they can be given to the homeless. PETA is working with shelters in Wendy's home state of New Jersey on coat drives this winter -- something that is in great demand as the numbers of needy and displaced people have increased following Hurricane Sandy.”
In the ad, her long hair is the only thing covering her chest as she lies down. In another ad, she is standing, and a tattoo she has across her lower stomach area is clearly visible.
In October, “Real Housewives of Miami” star Joanna Krupa bared it all for a PETA ad.
“There is nothing sexy about wearing something that is so obviously tied to senseless pain and killing,” Krupa told PETA.
While PETA has good intentions, the animal rights group is no stranger to controversy. Earlier this year, PETA launched an adult site, which includes an ad featuring former porn star Jenna Jameson dressed in lingerie with the caption, “Pleather yourself.”
"We're hoping to reach a whole new audience of people, some of whom will be shocked by graphic images that maybe they didn't anticipate seeing when they went to the PETA triple-X site," Lindsay Rajt, PETA's associate director of campaigns told Reuters.
But Jennifer Pozner, executive director of the New York-based advocacy group Women In Media & News, criticized PETA, calling the nonprofit organization “extremely disingenuous.”
"They have consistently used active sexism as their marketing strategy to garner attention. Their use of sexism has gotten more extreme and more degrading,” she went on to say.
Alicia Silverstone, Maggie Q, Pamela Anderson and Angela Simmons are among other notable names who have participated in ad campaigns for PETA.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related