12 12 12 Concert Live Stream: Where To Watch And Everything You Need To Know About The Concert For Sandy Relief
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | December 13, 2012 1:37 AM EST
With Wednesday nights "12.12.12: The Concert for Sandy Relief" just hours away, some of the largest names in music are set to come together in what people are anticipating to be the concert event of a lifetime.
12-12-12: The Concert for Sandy Relief will begin at 7:30 pm ET live from New York’s famed Madison Square Garden. The show is set to feature performances by Bon Jovi, Billy Joel, Eric Clapton, Dave Grohl, Alicia Keys, Kanye West, The Rolling Stones, Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band, Eddie Vedder, The Who, Roger Waters and Paul McCartney.
More than 2 billion people will have access to the concert through 34 TV broadcasts across the globe. The 12-12-12 concert will be streamed on nearly 30 websites, including YouTube, MTV.com, Hulu and Myspace. Several movie theaters in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut will screen the concert as well.
The four-hour show will benefit the Robin Hood Foundation – a fund that will aid disaster victims following this fall's super-storm which devastated the U.S. East Coast.
The live broadcast will also take advantage of social media in an effort to raise funds for the relief effort.
The location-based social network Foursquare will offer a single-day badge -- the Be Robin Hood badge -- which you can unlock by checking in anywhere in the world with the hashtag #121212concert. The first 25,000 checkins will trigger $10 donations from Samsung Galaxy, up to $250,000. It's the first time Foursquare has allowed badges to be unlocked solely by using a hashtag once (badges are usually tied to real-world actions or specific locations) and its the geo-location network's largest donation campaign tied to an event.
Facebook will also be offering new charitable Facebook Gifts, which you can give to 12-12-12 and the Robin Hood Relief Fund. Several of the performers, including Martin, Joel, Springsteen and Vedder, will stream the concert from their own Facebook pages.
In addition, there will be curated feeds of tweets with the hashtag #121212concert on display at Madison Square Garden during the performance, powered by Twubs.
"It's a really unique group of people working on this and leveraging social to make an impact," Harish Bhandari, Robin Hood digital media manager, told Mashable.
Every dollar made from ticket sales will go directly toward Sandy relief, due to the generosity of the sponsors, organizers and Robin Hood's board of directors. Robin Hood will distribute the funds to different community non-profits in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut. The anti-poverty non-profit, with the help of McKinsey analysts, have determined how to best use the funds raised to reach those most in need following the devastating storm.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga