Kate Middleton to Blame for Nurse Jacintha Saldanha Death, Says Singer Morrissey
By Dominic Gover | December 12, 2012 11:31 PM EST
Outspoken pop star Morrissey has blamed Kate Middleton for the death of nurse Jacintha Saldanha.
The former singer with the Smiths, who once sang "The Queen is dead", has turned his anti-royal fire on Kate.
He told New Zealand's 3 News that the expectant Duchess of Cambridge was responsible for the circumstances which led to the death of the nurse, a mother of two, who fell for a prank call by two Australian DJs.
Saldanha was found dead in a nursing home near the hospital where she took the call from Australian DJs Mel Greig and Michael Christian who pretended to be the Queen and Prince Philip inquiring after Kate's condition. The duchess had been admitted to King Edward VII's Hospital in London with acute morning sickness.
Morrissey said: "There's no blame placed at Kate Middleton['s door] who was in the hospital for, as far as I can see, absolutely no reason. She feels no shame about the death of this poor woman.
"The arrogance of the British royals is staggering, absolutely staggering, and why its allowed to be I don't know."
Fifty three-year-old Morrissey revealed that he suspected that Buckingham Palace had put pressure on staff over the incident.
"But of course that's kept away from the press," he added. "I'm sure the British press hounded this poor woman to her death and that's kept away. By this time next week she'll be forgotten. And that's how the British royals work."
Morrissey, who lives in LA, has made a habit of bashing Royalty from the across the Atlantic Ocean. Earlier in 2012, he claimed Buckingham Palace had plotted to "hijack the Olympics for their own empirical needs and no oppositional voice is allowed in the free press".
A royal spokesman said that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were deeply saddened by the death.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Virus Might Reach Australia in Months; Health Dept Says Australia Prepared For Outbreak
- Six English Words Which Originated From Arabic
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Robots May Be Used to Fight Ebola in West Africa; Australian PM Admits US, UK Asked For Medical Teams
- Decades-Long Mystery of Oklahoma Lake Solved, Missing Six Bodies Identified
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions