Kate Middleton to Blame for Nurse Jacintha Saldanha Death, Says Singer Morrissey
By Dominic Gover | December 12, 2012 11:31 PM EST
Outspoken pop star Morrissey has blamed Kate Middleton for the death of nurse Jacintha Saldanha.
The former singer with the Smiths, who once sang "The Queen is dead", has turned his anti-royal fire on Kate.
He told New Zealand's 3 News that the expectant Duchess of Cambridge was responsible for the circumstances which led to the death of the nurse, a mother of two, who fell for a prank call by two Australian DJs.
Saldanha was found dead in a nursing home near the hospital where she took the call from Australian DJs Mel Greig and Michael Christian who pretended to be the Queen and Prince Philip inquiring after Kate's condition. The duchess had been admitted to King Edward VII's Hospital in London with acute morning sickness.
Morrissey said: "There's no blame placed at Kate Middleton['s door] who was in the hospital for, as far as I can see, absolutely no reason. She feels no shame about the death of this poor woman.
"The arrogance of the British royals is staggering, absolutely staggering, and why its allowed to be I don't know."
Fifty three-year-old Morrissey revealed that he suspected that Buckingham Palace had put pressure on staff over the incident.
"But of course that's kept away from the press," he added. "I'm sure the British press hounded this poor woman to her death and that's kept away. By this time next week she'll be forgotten. And that's how the British royals work."
Morrissey, who lives in LA, has made a habit of bashing Royalty from the across the Atlantic Ocean. Earlier in 2012, he claimed Buckingham Palace had plotted to "hijack the Olympics for their own empirical needs and no oppositional voice is allowed in the free press".
A royal spokesman said that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were deeply saddened by the death.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Fears Cause Hysteria In United States And Around The World
- Kate Middleton All Smiles In First Public Appearance, Sickness Seems Over
- Kate Middleton To Give Birth To A 'Cheerful' Baby, Duchess Not Carrying Twins---Report
- Baby Corpses Found in Storage Locker in Canada
- Woman Stuck In Chimney: Genoveva Nunez-Figueroa Arrested For Attempted Break-In After Rescue Team Pulls Stuck Woman Out Of Chimney
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report