Kate Middleton to Blame for Nurse Jacintha Saldanha Death, Says Singer Morrissey
By Dominic Gover | December 12, 2012 11:31 PM EST
Outspoken pop star Morrissey has blamed Kate Middleton for the death of nurse Jacintha Saldanha.
The former singer with the Smiths, who once sang "The Queen is dead", has turned his anti-royal fire on Kate.
He told New Zealand's 3 News that the expectant Duchess of Cambridge was responsible for the circumstances which led to the death of the nurse, a mother of two, who fell for a prank call by two Australian DJs.
Saldanha was found dead in a nursing home near the hospital where she took the call from Australian DJs Mel Greig and Michael Christian who pretended to be the Queen and Prince Philip inquiring after Kate's condition. The duchess had been admitted to King Edward VII's Hospital in London with acute morning sickness.
Morrissey said: "There's no blame placed at Kate Middleton['s door] who was in the hospital for, as far as I can see, absolutely no reason. She feels no shame about the death of this poor woman.
"The arrogance of the British royals is staggering, absolutely staggering, and why its allowed to be I don't know."
Fifty three-year-old Morrissey revealed that he suspected that Buckingham Palace had put pressure on staff over the incident.
"But of course that's kept away from the press," he added. "I'm sure the British press hounded this poor woman to her death and that's kept away. By this time next week she'll be forgotten. And that's how the British royals work."
Morrissey, who lives in LA, has made a habit of bashing Royalty from the across the Atlantic Ocean. Earlier in 2012, he claimed Buckingham Palace had plotted to "hijack the Olympics for their own empirical needs and no oppositional voice is allowed in the free press".
A royal spokesman said that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were deeply saddened by the death.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy:Camilla And Princess Eugenie Jealous, Duchess Reportedly Only Good At Making Babies
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Wants To Have A Big Family With ‘Five Children’ At Anmer Hall Residence- Reports
- ISIS European Teen Jihadists Allegedly Pregnant; New Zealand Silent On Kiwi Jihadist's Request To Return Home
- New Zealand Scientists Dissect Well-Preserved Female Colossal Squid [VIDEO]
- This Model Thinks She Is A Bombshell After Plastic Surgery Costing £30,000 Makes Her Look Like A Sex Toy
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone