Kate Middleton to Blame for Nurse Jacintha Saldanha Death, Says Singer Morrissey
By Dominic Gover | December 12, 2012 11:31 PM EST
Outspoken pop star Morrissey has blamed Kate Middleton for the death of nurse Jacintha Saldanha.
The former singer with the Smiths, who once sang "The Queen is dead", has turned his anti-royal fire on Kate.
He told New Zealand's 3 News that the expectant Duchess of Cambridge was responsible for the circumstances which led to the death of the nurse, a mother of two, who fell for a prank call by two Australian DJs.
Saldanha was found dead in a nursing home near the hospital where she took the call from Australian DJs Mel Greig and Michael Christian who pretended to be the Queen and Prince Philip inquiring after Kate's condition. The duchess had been admitted to King Edward VII's Hospital in London with acute morning sickness.
Morrissey said: "There's no blame placed at Kate Middleton['s door] who was in the hospital for, as far as I can see, absolutely no reason. She feels no shame about the death of this poor woman.
"The arrogance of the British royals is staggering, absolutely staggering, and why its allowed to be I don't know."
Fifty three-year-old Morrissey revealed that he suspected that Buckingham Palace had put pressure on staff over the incident.
"But of course that's kept away from the press," he added. "I'm sure the British press hounded this poor woman to her death and that's kept away. By this time next week she'll be forgotten. And that's how the British royals work."
Morrissey, who lives in LA, has made a habit of bashing Royalty from the across the Atlantic Ocean. Earlier in 2012, he claimed Buckingham Palace had plotted to "hijack the Olympics for their own empirical needs and no oppositional voice is allowed in the free press".
A royal spokesman said that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were deeply saddened by the death.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Image Of An Alien Revealed By US Intelligence Agent Suggests Existence Of Extraterrestrial Life -- Report
- US Police Officers Shoot 12-Year-Old Child ‘By Mistake’
- Woman Charged For Leaving Her Baby in Drain in Australia Needs 'Compassion' Says Social Worker
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- New Zealanders in Australia Consider Moving Back to Home Country For Better Life
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]