12/12/12 Meaning and Dec. 21 Mayan Calendar End of the World Connection
By Arlene Paredes | December 12, 2012 2:04 PM EST
For those who believe there are no coincidences, the calendar date 12/12/12 holds a special meaning. In terms of numerology, 12/12/12 should have the same meaning as 12/21/12 - which is the much publicized Mayan calendar end of the world date. For others, Dec. 12 and Dec. 21 will pass like any other day.
Dec. 12 Meaning and Dec. 21. End-of-the-World Connection
Both Dec. 12 and Dec. 21 have the base number of 2. (12+12+2012=2036; 2+0+3+6=11; 1+1=2) Both numbers - 11 and 2 - purportedly have a mystic connection.
"If the Greek god Zeus could be compared to the number 1, then his wife and sister Hera would represent the number 2," according to Hans Decoz of numerology.com. He relates the number 2 to the feminine energy.
On the other hand, whats-your-sign.com states the number two is a symbol for "kindness, balance, tact, equalization and duality."
"Two urges us out of our indecision, calls us to unite with like-minds, and like-ideals. Two asks us to exert our natural flow of judgment to do what is best for our souls," the web site says.
As for the number 12, new age website simion7d.com points out, "12 is a number of universal import and you see its repeating patterns in your culture; 12 hours of the day, 12 months of the year"
"These two dates, 12.12.12 and 12.21.12 are divinely linked. The 12.12.12 is the gateway to what will transpire on 12.21.12," the website notes further.
What we know is that the human seed grows in the feminine body - the mother. As temperamental, punitive, and Hera-esque some mothers can be, they are also nurturing. If one must believe in a dominant energy on the dates 12.12.12 and 12.21.12, then it is best to focus on the "nurturing" aspect of the said dates.
Some new age believers say the end of a Mayan calendar cycle signifies a new spiritual beginning. If it does, then it's time to calm down. Focus on human relationships and make the best of it with those who deserve your time -- and are still alive.
NASA to Discuss End of the World Fears
NASA, together with other science institutions, will join a panel discussion to address end of the world fears and questions. The discussion will be hosted by the SETI Institute in Mountain View, California.
Foothill College astronomy professor Andrew Fraknoi, SETI Institute and NASA Ames Research Center scientist Dr. David Morrison, and Ed Krupp of the Griffith Observatory in Southern California will sit in the panel.
Clearly, there is a significant demand for information on the Dec. 21 end of the world rumors. Otherwise, these scientists will not spend their precious time making clarifications about a simple message: Dec. 21 poses no threat to the planet.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Has ‘Strict Style Guide,’ Expected To Wear Winter Wardrobes During Pregnancy
- Bizarre Sex Abuse: Man Licks Woman’s Foot in Canada, Runs Away With Her Shoe
- New Zealand Pre-schooler Suffers Attack For Wearing A Jewish Cap; Anti-Semitic Act Condemned
- Australia's Direct Action Policy To Increase Projected Emmisions By 2020 -- UN Report
- Canadian Soldier Dies in 'Freak Accident' at Work
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation