12/12/12 Meaning and Dec. 21 Mayan Calendar End of the World Connection
By Arlene Paredes | December 12, 2012 2:04 PM EST
For those who believe there are no coincidences, the calendar date 12/12/12 holds a special meaning. In terms of numerology, 12/12/12 should have the same meaning as 12/21/12 - which is the much publicized Mayan calendar end of the world date. For others, Dec. 12 and Dec. 21 will pass like any other day.
Dec. 12 Meaning and Dec. 21. End-of-the-World Connection
Both Dec. 12 and Dec. 21 have the base number of 2. (12+12+2012=2036; 2+0+3+6=11; 1+1=2) Both numbers - 11 and 2 - purportedly have a mystic connection.
"If the Greek god Zeus could be compared to the number 1, then his wife and sister Hera would represent the number 2," according to Hans Decoz of numerology.com. He relates the number 2 to the feminine energy.
On the other hand, whats-your-sign.com states the number two is a symbol for "kindness, balance, tact, equalization and duality."
"Two urges us out of our indecision, calls us to unite with like-minds, and like-ideals. Two asks us to exert our natural flow of judgment to do what is best for our souls," the web site says.
As for the number 12, new age website simion7d.com points out, "12 is a number of universal import and you see its repeating patterns in your culture; 12 hours of the day, 12 months of the year"
"These two dates, 12.12.12 and 12.21.12 are divinely linked. The 12.12.12 is the gateway to what will transpire on 12.21.12," the website notes further.
What we know is that the human seed grows in the feminine body - the mother. As temperamental, punitive, and Hera-esque some mothers can be, they are also nurturing. If one must believe in a dominant energy on the dates 12.12.12 and 12.21.12, then it is best to focus on the "nurturing" aspect of the said dates.
Some new age believers say the end of a Mayan calendar cycle signifies a new spiritual beginning. If it does, then it's time to calm down. Focus on human relationships and make the best of it with those who deserve your time -- and are still alive.
NASA to Discuss End of the World Fears
NASA, together with other science institutions, will join a panel discussion to address end of the world fears and questions. The discussion will be hosted by the SETI Institute in Mountain View, California.
Foothill College astronomy professor Andrew Fraknoi, SETI Institute and NASA Ames Research Center scientist Dr. David Morrison, and Ed Krupp of the Griffith Observatory in Southern California will sit in the panel.
Clearly, there is a significant demand for information on the Dec. 21 end of the world rumors. Otherwise, these scientists will not spend their precious time making clarifications about a simple message: Dec. 21 poses no threat to the planet.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- US Police Release Video Of Officers Shooting 12-Year-Old Tamir Rice
- UFO Falling 'Angel Hair' Strands Spotted By Portugal Residents [VIDEO]
- US Toddler, 3, Shoots Mother To Death With 9mm Handgun
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Has 'Uncanny Ability,' Described As 'Posh' During Public Appearances
- NSW Girl, 12, Takes Wheel of Mazda MX5 & Saves Lives After Father Suffers Heart Attack
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones