12/12/12 Meaning and Dec. 21 Mayan Calendar End of the World Connection
By Arlene Paredes | December 12, 2012 2:04 PM EST
For those who believe there are no coincidences, the calendar date 12/12/12 holds a special meaning. In terms of numerology, 12/12/12 should have the same meaning as 12/21/12 - which is the much publicized Mayan calendar end of the world date. For others, Dec. 12 and Dec. 21 will pass like any other day.
Dec. 12 Meaning and Dec. 21. End-of-the-World Connection
Both Dec. 12 and Dec. 21 have the base number of 2. (12+12+2012=2036; 2+0+3+6=11; 1+1=2) Both numbers - 11 and 2 - purportedly have a mystic connection.
"If the Greek god Zeus could be compared to the number 1, then his wife and sister Hera would represent the number 2," according to Hans Decoz of numerology.com. He relates the number 2 to the feminine energy.
On the other hand, whats-your-sign.com states the number two is a symbol for "kindness, balance, tact, equalization and duality."
"Two urges us out of our indecision, calls us to unite with like-minds, and like-ideals. Two asks us to exert our natural flow of judgment to do what is best for our souls," the web site says.
As for the number 12, new age website simion7d.com points out, "12 is a number of universal import and you see its repeating patterns in your culture; 12 hours of the day, 12 months of the year"
"These two dates, 12.12.12 and 12.21.12 are divinely linked. The 12.12.12 is the gateway to what will transpire on 12.21.12," the website notes further.
What we know is that the human seed grows in the feminine body - the mother. As temperamental, punitive, and Hera-esque some mothers can be, they are also nurturing. If one must believe in a dominant energy on the dates 12.12.12 and 12.21.12, then it is best to focus on the "nurturing" aspect of the said dates.
Some new age believers say the end of a Mayan calendar cycle signifies a new spiritual beginning. If it does, then it's time to calm down. Focus on human relationships and make the best of it with those who deserve your time -- and are still alive.
NASA to Discuss End of the World Fears
NASA, together with other science institutions, will join a panel discussion to address end of the world fears and questions. The discussion will be hosted by the SETI Institute in Mountain View, California.
Foothill College astronomy professor Andrew Fraknoi, SETI Institute and NASA Ames Research Center scientist Dr. David Morrison, and Ed Krupp of the Griffith Observatory in Southern California will sit in the panel.
Clearly, there is a significant demand for information on the Dec. 21 end of the world rumors. Otherwise, these scientists will not spend their precious time making clarifications about a simple message: Dec. 21 poses no threat to the planet.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Meeks Death Hoax: Handsome Felon's Fake Death after Release from Jail Goes Viral
- Another Aviation Disaster: Taiwan Plane Crashes, Passengers Aboard Feared Dead [PHOTO]
- 'Dronies' to Become Latest Trend as Tourism New Zealand Buys Drone to Record Tourists' Videos
- Tony Abbott Launches #BringThemHome Operation for MH17 Victims; Black Avatars Trending on Social Media
- Former Destiny’s Child Star Farrah Franklin Arrested
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales