Royal Prank Call: Jacintha Saldanha’s Suicide Note to Family Found
By Jenalyn Villamarin | December 12, 2012 12:53 PM EST
British media outlets revealed on Tuesday about a found suicide note that Nurse Jacintha Saldanha left for her family. What is written on the note could explain the details on her much publicized tragic death but the contents have not yet been exposed to the public.
Ben Barboza has been summoned for a detailed investigation on the death of his wife. British Labour MP Keith Vaz spoke in behalf of the grieving family.
"We need to know the facts, fully and clearly. There are unexplained circumstances. The family was in the dark," MP Vaz stated.
Meanwhile, argument continues between 2Day FM management and King Edward VII Hospital. The radio management insists that they made several attempts in contacting the hospital before airing the prank call but the hospital denied the claim.
As for the radio station, advertising will resume on Thursday and all of their earnings until the end of the year will be contributed as financial support to Nurse Jacintha Saldanha's family. Also, a minimum donation worth $500,000 will be provided for a suitable memorial fund which directly assists the family.
"We are very sorry for what has happened. It is a terrible tragedy and our thoughts continue to be with the family. We hope that by contributing to a memorial fund we can help to provide the Saldanha family with the support they need at this very difficult time," Rhys Holleran, CEO of Southern Cross Austereo, stated.
The SCA has already cancelled their upcoming 2Day FM Christmas Party out of respect for the nurse's death and her family.
"This is no time for celebration at Southern Cross Austereo Sydney," a spokeswoman of Austereo stated.
Carmine, Jacintha Saldanha's mother, is currently inconsolable upon hearing the news of her daughter's death. According to the family members, they decided not to tell Carmine immediately about Jacintha's death due to her heart condition.
"She is heartbroken. We have kept her under sedation," Naveen, Jacintha's younger brother, told The Times of India.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- MH370 Update: Australians Unveil New Map To Find The Missing Plane
- Surge in UFO Sightings in Queensland Observed; Gold Coast 'Hot Spot' of UFO Encounters
- Court Grants Indian Man Divorce Over Wife’s Insatiable Sex Demands
- ISIS Threat: Australia Terror Alert Level at 'Medium' as Saudi King Warns of Attacks in Europe in a Month
- Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photos Leak Raises Doubts on Apple's iCloud; How to Secure Apple ID
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones