Royal Prank Call: Jacintha Saldanha’s Suicide Note to Family Found
By Jenalyn Villamarin | December 12, 2012 12:53 PM EST
British media outlets revealed on Tuesday about a found suicide note that Nurse Jacintha Saldanha left for her family. What is written on the note could explain the details on her much publicized tragic death but the contents have not yet been exposed to the public.
Ben Barboza has been summoned for a detailed investigation on the death of his wife. British Labour MP Keith Vaz spoke in behalf of the grieving family.
"We need to know the facts, fully and clearly. There are unexplained circumstances. The family was in the dark," MP Vaz stated.
Meanwhile, argument continues between 2Day FM management and King Edward VII Hospital. The radio management insists that they made several attempts in contacting the hospital before airing the prank call but the hospital denied the claim.
As for the radio station, advertising will resume on Thursday and all of their earnings until the end of the year will be contributed as financial support to Nurse Jacintha Saldanha's family. Also, a minimum donation worth $500,000 will be provided for a suitable memorial fund which directly assists the family.
"We are very sorry for what has happened. It is a terrible tragedy and our thoughts continue to be with the family. We hope that by contributing to a memorial fund we can help to provide the Saldanha family with the support they need at this very difficult time," Rhys Holleran, CEO of Southern Cross Austereo, stated.
The SCA has already cancelled their upcoming 2Day FM Christmas Party out of respect for the nurse's death and her family.
"This is no time for celebration at Southern Cross Austereo Sydney," a spokeswoman of Austereo stated.
Carmine, Jacintha Saldanha's mother, is currently inconsolable upon hearing the news of her daughter's death. According to the family members, they decided not to tell Carmine immediately about Jacintha's death due to her heart condition.
"She is heartbroken. We have kept her under sedation," Naveen, Jacintha's younger brother, told The Times of India.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton And Prince William Have Chosen The Name Of Their Second Child- Details
- Local Syrians Have Mixed Reactions To US Airstrikes Against ISIS; Opposition 'Suspicious'
- Hoax Alert: 'Ebola Vaccine Only Works on White Skin' Viral Story Not True
- Melbourne Wakes Up To Anti-Terror Raids: Seabrook Man Arrested For Funding Terrorist Organisation
- New Zealand PM John Key Aware of Kiwis Joining ISIS; New Zealand Not Ready For Airstrikes
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- Ukraine Under Pressure To Accept EU Brokered Gas Deal With Russia: Resists High Prices Demanded By Russia