Royal Prank Call: Jacintha Saldanha’s Suicide Note to Family Found
By Jenalyn Villamarin | December 12, 2012 12:53 PM EST
British media outlets revealed on Tuesday about a found suicide note that Nurse Jacintha Saldanha left for her family. What is written on the note could explain the details on her much publicized tragic death but the contents have not yet been exposed to the public.
Ben Barboza has been summoned for a detailed investigation on the death of his wife. British Labour MP Keith Vaz spoke in behalf of the grieving family.
"We need to know the facts, fully and clearly. There are unexplained circumstances. The family was in the dark," MP Vaz stated.
Meanwhile, argument continues between 2Day FM management and King Edward VII Hospital. The radio management insists that they made several attempts in contacting the hospital before airing the prank call but the hospital denied the claim.
As for the radio station, advertising will resume on Thursday and all of their earnings until the end of the year will be contributed as financial support to Nurse Jacintha Saldanha's family. Also, a minimum donation worth $500,000 will be provided for a suitable memorial fund which directly assists the family.
"We are very sorry for what has happened. It is a terrible tragedy and our thoughts continue to be with the family. We hope that by contributing to a memorial fund we can help to provide the Saldanha family with the support they need at this very difficult time," Rhys Holleran, CEO of Southern Cross Austereo, stated.
The SCA has already cancelled their upcoming 2Day FM Christmas Party out of respect for the nurse's death and her family.
"This is no time for celebration at Southern Cross Austereo Sydney," a spokeswoman of Austereo stated.
Carmine, Jacintha Saldanha's mother, is currently inconsolable upon hearing the news of her daughter's death. According to the family members, they decided not to tell Carmine immediately about Jacintha's death due to her heart condition.
"She is heartbroken. We have kept her under sedation," Naveen, Jacintha's younger brother, told The Times of India.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Fears Cause Hysteria In United States And Around The World
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess All Smiles In First Public Appearance, Sickness Seems Over
- Baby Corpses Found in Storage Locker in Canada
- Ebola Virus Might Reach Australia in Months; Health Dept Says Australia Prepared For Outbreak
- ISIS Taking U.S.-Airdropped Weapons An 'Embarrassment'; Another Yazidi Massacre Looming [VIDEO]
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’