Royal Prank Call: Jacintha Saldanha’s Suicide Note to Family Found
By Jenalyn Villamarin | December 12, 2012 12:53 PM EST
British media outlets revealed on Tuesday about a found suicide note that Nurse Jacintha Saldanha left for her family. What is written on the note could explain the details on her much publicized tragic death but the contents have not yet been exposed to the public.
Ben Barboza has been summoned for a detailed investigation on the death of his wife. British Labour MP Keith Vaz spoke in behalf of the grieving family.
"We need to know the facts, fully and clearly. There are unexplained circumstances. The family was in the dark," MP Vaz stated.
Meanwhile, argument continues between 2Day FM management and King Edward VII Hospital. The radio management insists that they made several attempts in contacting the hospital before airing the prank call but the hospital denied the claim.
As for the radio station, advertising will resume on Thursday and all of their earnings until the end of the year will be contributed as financial support to Nurse Jacintha Saldanha's family. Also, a minimum donation worth $500,000 will be provided for a suitable memorial fund which directly assists the family.
"We are very sorry for what has happened. It is a terrible tragedy and our thoughts continue to be with the family. We hope that by contributing to a memorial fund we can help to provide the Saldanha family with the support they need at this very difficult time," Rhys Holleran, CEO of Southern Cross Austereo, stated.
The SCA has already cancelled their upcoming 2Day FM Christmas Party out of respect for the nurse's death and her family.
"This is no time for celebration at Southern Cross Austereo Sydney," a spokeswoman of Austereo stated.
Carmine, Jacintha Saldanha's mother, is currently inconsolable upon hearing the news of her daughter's death. According to the family members, they decided not to tell Carmine immediately about Jacintha's death due to her heart condition.
"She is heartbroken. We have kept her under sedation," Naveen, Jacintha's younger brother, told The Times of India.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Immediate Deaths After Ice Bucket Challenge Are Hoaxes Gone Viral: Neck Injury And Hypothermia Killed Two People Performing The Stunt
- Risky Selfies That Were Taken A Few Seconds Before Tragedy Struck
- ISIS Update: Executioner of James Foley with British Accent Identified as ‘John’
- Viral Video Missouri Mall: Back-To-School Promo Of East Hills Mall In Missouri Goes Viral As Terrible Mall Ad [WATCH VIDEO]
- ISIS Beheading US Journalist James Foley Sparks Outrage, Netizens Demand 'All-Out War'
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE Android 4.4.2, Android 4.4.4Guide: Installation and When to Hit Your Region
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch