Royal Prank Call: Jacintha Saldanha’s Suicide Note to Family Found
By Jenalyn Villamarin | December 12, 2012 12:53 PM EST
British media outlets revealed on Tuesday about a found suicide note that Nurse Jacintha Saldanha left for her family. What is written on the note could explain the details on her much publicized tragic death but the contents have not yet been exposed to the public.
Ben Barboza has been summoned for a detailed investigation on the death of his wife. British Labour MP Keith Vaz spoke in behalf of the grieving family.
"We need to know the facts, fully and clearly. There are unexplained circumstances. The family was in the dark," MP Vaz stated.
Meanwhile, argument continues between 2Day FM management and King Edward VII Hospital. The radio management insists that they made several attempts in contacting the hospital before airing the prank call but the hospital denied the claim.
As for the radio station, advertising will resume on Thursday and all of their earnings until the end of the year will be contributed as financial support to Nurse Jacintha Saldanha's family. Also, a minimum donation worth $500,000 will be provided for a suitable memorial fund which directly assists the family.
"We are very sorry for what has happened. It is a terrible tragedy and our thoughts continue to be with the family. We hope that by contributing to a memorial fund we can help to provide the Saldanha family with the support they need at this very difficult time," Rhys Holleran, CEO of Southern Cross Austereo, stated.
The SCA has already cancelled their upcoming 2Day FM Christmas Party out of respect for the nurse's death and her family.
"This is no time for celebration at Southern Cross Austereo Sydney," a spokeswoman of Austereo stated.
Carmine, Jacintha Saldanha's mother, is currently inconsolable upon hearing the news of her daughter's death. According to the family members, they decided not to tell Carmine immediately about Jacintha's death due to her heart condition.
"She is heartbroken. We have kept her under sedation," Naveen, Jacintha's younger brother, told The Times of India.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Image Of An Alien Revealed By US Intelligence Agent Suggests Existence Of Extraterrestrial Life -- Report
- US Police Release Video Of Officers Shooting 12-Year-Old Tamir Rice
- US Toddler, 3, Shoots Mother To Death With 9mm Handgun
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- NSW Girl, 12, Takes Wheel of Mazda MX5 & Saves Lives After Father Suffers Heart Attack
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys