S&P ends at best level since Election Day
December 12, 2012 8:21 AM EST
Stocks rose on Tuesday, led by gains in technology companies, helping the S&P 500 end at its best level since Election Day.
The Dow Jones industrial average <.DJI> was up 79.02 points, or 0.60 percent, at 13,248.90. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index <.SPX> was up 9.31 points, or 0.66 percent, at 1,427.86. The Nasdaq Composite Index <.IXIC> was up 35.34 points, or 1.18 percent, at 3,022.30.
(Reporting By Angela Moon; Editing by Nick Zieminski)
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Two Weeks to Go Starting at $800 with New Phosphorus HealthKit Chip
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Bill Shorten Calls Tony Abbott 'Ineligible' To Lead Australia; Government Party-Room Leaks On Abbott'sTravel Entitlements