S&P ends at best level since Election Day
December 12, 2012 8:21 AM EST
Stocks rose on Tuesday, led by gains in technology companies, helping the S&P 500 end at its best level since Election Day.
The Dow Jones industrial average <.DJI> was up 79.02 points, or 0.60 percent, at 13,248.90. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index <.SPX> was up 9.31 points, or 0.66 percent, at 1,427.86. The Nasdaq Composite Index <.IXIC> was up 35.34 points, or 1.18 percent, at 3,022.30.
(Reporting By Angela Moon; Editing by Nick Zieminski)
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report