Anne Hathaway Suffers Wardrobe Malfunction At ‘Les Miserables’ Premiere [PHOTOS]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | December 12, 2012 7:33 AM EST
The spotlight was on Anne Hathaway on Monday night as she stepped out for the NYC premiere of “Les Miserables” looking Catwomanesque in a daring, black, head-to-toe Tom Ford ensemble. But the burgeoning fashionista apparently forgot to bring one crucial element of her outfit: her underwear.
In an apparent attempt to step up her fashion game, Hathaway took a clear risk by opting for the bondage-inspired taffeta gown, which features a nearly waist-high slit, and a cape sewn up to look like an uninflated parachute. She paired the outfit with jewelry by Fred Leighton, a bold red lipstick, and her now signature pixie haircut. To complete the ensemble, Hathaway wore Tom Ford’s matching knee-high stiletto boots – boots that one Grazia staffer reportedly compared to “a leg brace for a Victorian child.”
Unfortunately for the newlywed actress, her sartorial guru, Italian fashion designer Valentino Garavani, was not on hand to assist her during the night. And while Hathaway’s outfit received mixed reviews from critics, it was outshone by her arrival at the event, where she suffered from a potential wardrobe malfunction.
As the 30-year-old “Les Miserables” actress pulled up to the Ziegfeld Theatre, paparazzi unexpectedly caught a glimpse of her lady bits as she struggled to gracefully maneuver her way out of her limo, accidentally flashing her nether regions through the extremely high slit in her dress while trying to keep the outfit in tact.
Hathaway did not acknowledge the mishap, but strode onto the red carpet, posing confidently for photographers with her hands on her hips. Hathaway, who received much attention for shaving her head for the film, admitted during the “Les Miserables” premiere in London that her new gamine ‘do has definitely altered her style.
“I’m getting used to the cut now and I have completely fallen in love with collars,” she said. “There isn’t a collared shirt that I don’t love right now and I like the last gentleman look more than ever, but I still like to go between mannish and super feminine styles.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales