Anne Hathaway Suffers Wardrobe Malfunction At ‘Les Miserables’ Premiere [PHOTOS]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | December 12, 2012 7:33 AM EST
The spotlight was on Anne Hathaway on Monday night as she stepped out for the NYC premiere of “Les Miserables” looking Catwomanesque in a daring, black, head-to-toe Tom Ford ensemble. But the burgeoning fashionista apparently forgot to bring one crucial element of her outfit: her underwear.
In an apparent attempt to step up her fashion game, Hathaway took a clear risk by opting for the bondage-inspired taffeta gown, which features a nearly waist-high slit, and a cape sewn up to look like an uninflated parachute. She paired the outfit with jewelry by Fred Leighton, a bold red lipstick, and her now signature pixie haircut. To complete the ensemble, Hathaway wore Tom Ford’s matching knee-high stiletto boots – boots that one Grazia staffer reportedly compared to “a leg brace for a Victorian child.”
Unfortunately for the newlywed actress, her sartorial guru, Italian fashion designer Valentino Garavani, was not on hand to assist her during the night. And while Hathaway’s outfit received mixed reviews from critics, it was outshone by her arrival at the event, where she suffered from a potential wardrobe malfunction.
As the 30-year-old “Les Miserables” actress pulled up to the Ziegfeld Theatre, paparazzi unexpectedly caught a glimpse of her lady bits as she struggled to gracefully maneuver her way out of her limo, accidentally flashing her nether regions through the extremely high slit in her dress while trying to keep the outfit in tact.
Hathaway did not acknowledge the mishap, but strode onto the red carpet, posing confidently for photographers with her hands on her hips. Hathaway, who received much attention for shaving her head for the film, admitted during the “Les Miserables” premiere in London that her new gamine ‘do has definitely altered her style.
“I’m getting used to the cut now and I have completely fallen in love with collars,” she said. “There isn’t a collared shirt that I don’t love right now and I like the last gentleman look more than ever, but I still like to go between mannish and super feminine styles.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Update: 4 Feature Upgrades That Really Matter