Anne Hathaway Suffers Wardrobe Malfunction At ‘Les Miserables’ Premiere [PHOTOS]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | December 12, 2012 7:33 AM EST
The spotlight was on Anne Hathaway on Monday night as she stepped out for the NYC premiere of “Les Miserables” looking Catwomanesque in a daring, black, head-to-toe Tom Ford ensemble. But the burgeoning fashionista apparently forgot to bring one crucial element of her outfit: her underwear.
In an apparent attempt to step up her fashion game, Hathaway took a clear risk by opting for the bondage-inspired taffeta gown, which features a nearly waist-high slit, and a cape sewn up to look like an uninflated parachute. She paired the outfit with jewelry by Fred Leighton, a bold red lipstick, and her now signature pixie haircut. To complete the ensemble, Hathaway wore Tom Ford’s matching knee-high stiletto boots – boots that one Grazia staffer reportedly compared to “a leg brace for a Victorian child.”
Unfortunately for the newlywed actress, her sartorial guru, Italian fashion designer Valentino Garavani, was not on hand to assist her during the night. And while Hathaway’s outfit received mixed reviews from critics, it was outshone by her arrival at the event, where she suffered from a potential wardrobe malfunction.
As the 30-year-old “Les Miserables” actress pulled up to the Ziegfeld Theatre, paparazzi unexpectedly caught a glimpse of her lady bits as she struggled to gracefully maneuver her way out of her limo, accidentally flashing her nether regions through the extremely high slit in her dress while trying to keep the outfit in tact.
Hathaway did not acknowledge the mishap, but strode onto the red carpet, posing confidently for photographers with her hands on her hips. Hathaway, who received much attention for shaving her head for the film, admitted during the “Les Miserables” premiere in London that her new gamine ‘do has definitely altered her style.
“I’m getting used to the cut now and I have completely fallen in love with collars,” she said. “There isn’t a collared shirt that I don’t love right now and I like the last gentleman look more than ever, but I still like to go between mannish and super feminine styles.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Men’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 – Wawrinka, Nadal, Djokovic, and Cilic
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- US Government Threatened Yahoo to Provide User Data: If not Pay a Fine of $250,000 per day
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List
- Pope Francis Blasted For Defying Catholic Doctrine, Marries 20 Couples Who Have Cohabited And Had Children In No Else But St Peter's Basilica