Ajax Star Christian Erikson Paves Way for Premier League Move
By Adrian Back | December 12, 2012 4:52 AM EST
Ajax midfielder Christian Eriksen has put a host of Premier League clubs on alert after admitting that his future lies away from Holland.
The Denmark international has emerged as one of the hottest properties in European football after progressing through the famed Ajax academy and becoming one of the most influential players for club and country.
Tottenham and Manchester United have been repeatedly linked with the talented midfielder and Eriksen has now admitted that he sees his future in another European league.
"I think that my future lies in England, Germany, Italy or Spain," Eriksen told La Gazzetta dello Sport. "These are the competitions that I like. I will leave Ajax at one point, but I want to leave at the right moment and in the right way."
The Daily Mail has reported that Tottenham are confident of signing the 20-year-old as they believe that the promise of regular first team football may be enough to lure him to White Hart Lane.
However, it will not be an easy task for Tottenham as there will be interest from the top sides in England and across Europe. Manchester City and Arsenal have also been mentioned as suitors, while Eriksen has previously spoken in a positive light about Manchester United.
While it is clear that there will be plenty of interest in the Ajax star, Eriksen has indicated that he will only leave the club once he has a major honour with the club to his name.
"I do not know what I will do in a few months' time yet, but I want to leave my mark before moving on. The Europa League final in our own stadium would be a good opportunity for that," he added. "I have learned a lot here and I don't want to leave with empty hands. I want to win. "
Eriksen has already won two league titles and the KNVB Cup with Ajax but it seems he has earmarked a European trophy.
Should the Dutch giants win the Europa League this season then there may well be a bidding war in the summer with clubs across Europe competing for the signature of Eriksen.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
Join the Conversation
- MMA News: Transgender Fighter Fallon Fox Challenges Ronda Rousey, Fires Back on ‘Ignorant’ Comments
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Points Out Amir Khan's Poor Boxing Record
- Floyd Mayweather Admits Marcos Maidana’s Power Shot Hurt Him [VIDEO]
- WWE Night of Champions Live Streaming Info, Preview and Predictions
- Khloe Kardashian Reportedly Having A Hard Time Deciding Whether Or Not To Patch Things Up With Lamar Odom
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?