Ajax Star Christian Erikson Paves Way for Premier League Move
By Adrian Back | December 12, 2012 4:52 AM EST
Ajax midfielder Christian Eriksen has put a host of Premier League clubs on alert after admitting that his future lies away from Holland.
The Denmark international has emerged as one of the hottest properties in European football after progressing through the famed Ajax academy and becoming one of the most influential players for club and country.
Tottenham and Manchester United have been repeatedly linked with the talented midfielder and Eriksen has now admitted that he sees his future in another European league.
"I think that my future lies in England, Germany, Italy or Spain," Eriksen told La Gazzetta dello Sport. "These are the competitions that I like. I will leave Ajax at one point, but I want to leave at the right moment and in the right way."
The Daily Mail has reported that Tottenham are confident of signing the 20-year-old as they believe that the promise of regular first team football may be enough to lure him to White Hart Lane.
However, it will not be an easy task for Tottenham as there will be interest from the top sides in England and across Europe. Manchester City and Arsenal have also been mentioned as suitors, while Eriksen has previously spoken in a positive light about Manchester United.
While it is clear that there will be plenty of interest in the Ajax star, Eriksen has indicated that he will only leave the club once he has a major honour with the club to his name.
"I do not know what I will do in a few months' time yet, but I want to leave my mark before moving on. The Europa League final in our own stadium would be a good opportunity for that," he added. "I have learned a lot here and I don't want to leave with empty hands. I want to win. "
Eriksen has already won two league titles and the KNVB Cup with Ajax but it seems he has earmarked a European trophy.
Should the Dutch giants win the Europa League this season then there may well be a bidding war in the summer with clubs across Europe competing for the signature of Eriksen.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rugby Sevens Semis & Finals Live Stream, Schedule & Results – Commonwealth Games 2014
- A Beautiful Distraction: 5 Things You Need to Know About Sabina Altynbekova
- Boxing News 2014: 50 Cent Hits Mayweather Over Money Deal, Mocks Boxer in Instagram for Losing GF to Nelly
- Maria Sharapova Overtaken by Eugenie Bouchard in Poll of Sexiest Women in Tennis
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Athletics Schedule & Results
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]
- Sony Xperia Z3 Specs Leaked with More Killer Features Ahead of Samsung Galaxy Note 4, iPhone 6