Ajax Star Christian Erikson Paves Way for Premier League Move
By Adrian Back | December 12, 2012 4:52 AM EST
Ajax midfielder Christian Eriksen has put a host of Premier League clubs on alert after admitting that his future lies away from Holland.
The Denmark international has emerged as one of the hottest properties in European football after progressing through the famed Ajax academy and becoming one of the most influential players for club and country.
Tottenham and Manchester United have been repeatedly linked with the talented midfielder and Eriksen has now admitted that he sees his future in another European league.
"I think that my future lies in England, Germany, Italy or Spain," Eriksen told La Gazzetta dello Sport. "These are the competitions that I like. I will leave Ajax at one point, but I want to leave at the right moment and in the right way."
The Daily Mail has reported that Tottenham are confident of signing the 20-year-old as they believe that the promise of regular first team football may be enough to lure him to White Hart Lane.
However, it will not be an easy task for Tottenham as there will be interest from the top sides in England and across Europe. Manchester City and Arsenal have also been mentioned as suitors, while Eriksen has previously spoken in a positive light about Manchester United.
While it is clear that there will be plenty of interest in the Ajax star, Eriksen has indicated that he will only leave the club once he has a major honour with the club to his name.
"I do not know what I will do in a few months' time yet, but I want to leave my mark before moving on. The Europa League final in our own stadium would be a good opportunity for that," he added. "I have learned a lot here and I don't want to leave with empty hands. I want to win. "
Eriksen has already won two league titles and the KNVB Cup with Ajax but it seems he has earmarked a European trophy.
Should the Dutch giants win the Europa League this season then there may well be a bidding war in the summer with clubs across Europe competing for the signature of Eriksen.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Rafael Nadal Back In Action To Target Novak Djokovic At China Open
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Grigor Dimitrov Turns To Novak Djokovic For Love Advice; Dimitrov and Sharapova At The 2014 China Open
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate