Ajax Star Christian Erikson Paves Way for Premier League Move
By Adrian Back | December 12, 2012 4:52 AM EST
Ajax midfielder Christian Eriksen has put a host of Premier League clubs on alert after admitting that his future lies away from Holland.
The Denmark international has emerged as one of the hottest properties in European football after progressing through the famed Ajax academy and becoming one of the most influential players for club and country.
Tottenham and Manchester United have been repeatedly linked with the talented midfielder and Eriksen has now admitted that he sees his future in another European league.
"I think that my future lies in England, Germany, Italy or Spain," Eriksen told La Gazzetta dello Sport. "These are the competitions that I like. I will leave Ajax at one point, but I want to leave at the right moment and in the right way."
The Daily Mail has reported that Tottenham are confident of signing the 20-year-old as they believe that the promise of regular first team football may be enough to lure him to White Hart Lane.
However, it will not be an easy task for Tottenham as there will be interest from the top sides in England and across Europe. Manchester City and Arsenal have also been mentioned as suitors, while Eriksen has previously spoken in a positive light about Manchester United.
While it is clear that there will be plenty of interest in the Ajax star, Eriksen has indicated that he will only leave the club once he has a major honour with the club to his name.
"I do not know what I will do in a few months' time yet, but I want to leave my mark before moving on. The Europa League final in our own stadium would be a good opportunity for that," he added. "I have learned a lot here and I don't want to leave with empty hands. I want to win. "
Eriksen has already won two league titles and the KNVB Cup with Ajax but it seems he has earmarked a European trophy.
Should the Dutch giants win the Europa League this season then there may well be a bidding war in the summer with clubs across Europe competing for the signature of Eriksen.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar