Ajax Star Christian Erikson Paves Way for Premier League Move
By Adrian Back | December 12, 2012 4:52 AM EST
Ajax midfielder Christian Eriksen has put a host of Premier League clubs on alert after admitting that his future lies away from Holland.
The Denmark international has emerged as one of the hottest properties in European football after progressing through the famed Ajax academy and becoming one of the most influential players for club and country.
Tottenham and Manchester United have been repeatedly linked with the talented midfielder and Eriksen has now admitted that he sees his future in another European league.
"I think that my future lies in England, Germany, Italy or Spain," Eriksen told La Gazzetta dello Sport. "These are the competitions that I like. I will leave Ajax at one point, but I want to leave at the right moment and in the right way."
The Daily Mail has reported that Tottenham are confident of signing the 20-year-old as they believe that the promise of regular first team football may be enough to lure him to White Hart Lane.
However, it will not be an easy task for Tottenham as there will be interest from the top sides in England and across Europe. Manchester City and Arsenal have also been mentioned as suitors, while Eriksen has previously spoken in a positive light about Manchester United.
While it is clear that there will be plenty of interest in the Ajax star, Eriksen has indicated that he will only leave the club once he has a major honour with the club to his name.
"I do not know what I will do in a few months' time yet, but I want to leave my mark before moving on. The Europa League final in our own stadium would be a good opportunity for that," he added. "I have learned a lot here and I don't want to leave with empty hands. I want to win. "
Eriksen has already won two league titles and the KNVB Cup with Ajax but it seems he has earmarked a European trophy.
Should the Dutch giants win the Europa League this season then there may well be a bidding war in the summer with clubs across Europe competing for the signature of Eriksen.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Brad Pitt Still in Love with Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston, Staying with Angelina Jolie for Sake of Kids, Claims Brad's Psychic
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
- Transfer News: Manchester United's Possible Transfer Options For This Season
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Sr Already Endorsing Manny Pacquiao vs. Floyd Fight After Anticipated Victory Over Maidana
- Top 10 Highest Paid Tennis Players
- Dallas Cowboys Have Worst Linebackers in History, Tony Romo To Miss Games Again – Gerry Fraley
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Mourinho's Free-Transfer Ploy On Khedira Working, After Latter Refused To Pen New Real Madrid Deal
- Spanish Super Cup Second Leg Preview
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- James Foley: ISIS Demanded Multimillion Ransom, US Refused To Pay---Reports