Arsenal Vs. Bradford: Where To Watch Live Stream Online; Preview, Team News And Prediction
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | December 12, 2012 4:01 AM EST
Arsene Wenger is set to select a strong side when Arsenal travel to face League Two side Bradford in the quarterfinals of the Capital One Cup on Tuesday. With just three victories standing between them and a much talked about first trophy since 2005, Wenger knows the potential importance of removing that particular monkey from the club’s back.
“We take every competition as an opportunity but of course the way is shorter now [in this one] so that is why we focus on that,” he said, according to the official Arsenal website.
Arsenal reached this stage of the competition on the back of an incredible 7-5 extra-time victory over Reading and Wenger has also been encouraged to field first-team players because they will have a six-day break until the side’s next match, ironically against Reading.
“As always, we’ll have a side that has a good chance to go through,” he added. “We know that in England, you need to be ready when you go into a cup game of this intensity.
“Of course we want to take our chance and go through to the semi-final. We’ll use an experienced side because we have time to recover before Monday’s match at Reading.”
One man that will be missing for the trip to the Coral Windows Stadium is striker Olivier Giroud, who has been ruled out with a back injury suffered in Saturday’s 2-0 victory over West Brom. Theo Walcott, Andre Santos, Abou Diaby and Laurent Koscielny all remain on the sidelines.
Wenger has admitted that he is keen for the tie to be settled in normal time after Bradford made the last eight of the competition following a penalty shootout victory over Premier League side Wigan. Impressively, that was Bradford’s seventh-straight triumph in shootouts.
Bradford have fallen sharply since their two seasons in the Premier League between 1999 and 2001. The Yorkshire outfit now resides in fourth tier of English soccer. But, after several seasons spent toward the bottom of the division, Bradford are now challenging for promotion under manager, and former Arsenal scout, Phil Parkinson.
D: Darby, Good, McArdle, Meredith
M: Thompson, Doyle, Jones, Atkinson
F: Wells, Hanson
D: Jenkinson, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Meade
M: Ramsey, Coquelin
Gervinho, Rosicky, Oxlade-Chamberlain
Prediction: Bradford have been in good form in League Two of late, but, with Arsenal’s likely strong lineup, the Gunners should progress to the last four without the need for any of the drama they experienced in the last round.
Bradford 1-3 Arsenal
Where to watch: The Capital One Cup quarter-final will kick-off at 2.45 p.m. Live coverage will be provided by beIN Sport. A live stream, which you view at your own discretion, will be available here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- UFC News: Rhonda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans