Teenager Arrested for Racist Tweet to Rio Ferdinand
By Dominic Gover | December 12, 2012 4:03 AM EST
A teenager has been arrested over a racist tweet sent to Manchester United's Rio Ferdinand.
Police held a 15-year-old suspect after an alleged offensive message was sent to the Man Utd defender and former England captain during the derby clash between United and City.
A Greater Manchester Police spokesman said: "An investigation was launched following a message directed at a Manchester United player.
"A 15-year-old boy was arrested on suspicion of a racially aggravated public order offence.
"He has been bailed pending further enquiries."
Alex Ferguson's men won a thrilling encounter 3-2 by snatching the decisive goal deep in extra time to strengthen their place at the top of the Premier League.
But ugly scenes marred celebrations by United players, when Ferdinand was struck by a coin thrown from the crowd. The FA was investigating.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Video Showing Mentally Disabled African American Shot 46 Times By Eight Police Officers For Just Holding A Penknife
- Brisbane Woman Performs Sex With Dog, Gets Charged With Bestiality
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Forced To Return To Royal Engagements, Feuding With The Queen Over Royal Duties---Report
- Google Loses Lawsuit Against Canadian Woman Over Breast Exposure
- Robbery Attempt in Sydney Bank, Armed Robbers on The Loose
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery