Transfer Blow for Chelsea as Serbians Rule out Selling Youngster
By Vishnuprasad S | December 12, 2012 3:54 AM EST
Partizan Belgrade youngster Lazar Markovic's agent has dismissed reports that his client has agreed to join Chelsea in the January transfer window.
There has been intense speculation of late that the Blues have reached an agreement with the 18-year-old regarding a move but the player's representative Fali Ramadani has now played down the possibility of a transfer by insisting that the Serbian star will not leave Belgrade in this window.
"Markovic has a contract with Partizan until 2016. Away in January? I can assure you that he will not leave in the next transfer windows. Then we'll see," Sky Sports quoted Ramadani as saying.
"Away in January? I can assure you that he will not leave in the next transfer windows. Then we'll see. Inter Milan interested? Until now no Italian club have contacted me, so I have not talked to any Inter official," the agent added.
Partizan sporting director Ljubisa Tumbakovic also insisted that the Serbian outfit will not sell Markovic in this transfer window, after it had been reported that the player had begun talks with the Blues over a possible transfer.
"I swear on my mother that I really do not know anything about this. On Saturday, I spoke with club president Dragan Djuric and he also told me that he knows nothing about Markovic's transfer to Chelsea. I don't know, he doesn't know. Maybe the journalists have better information than us in the club!" The Independent quoted Tumbakovic.
Markovic is touted as one of the best young talents to have emerged from Europe in recent years. The youngster, who operates mainly as a supporting striker, scored six league goals from 14 appearances for Partizan so far this season. The teenager has also earned six caps for the Serbia national team and has established himself as a regular member of squad captained by Chelsea's Branislav Ivanovic.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports