Beyoncé Signs $50m Pepsi Deal ahead of Superbowl
By Toyin Owoseje | December 11, 2012 11:21 PM EST
Soft drinks giant Pepsi has announced Beyoncé as the $50million (£30m) face of its global campaign.
As part of her lucrative deal, the Single Ladies hitmaker will appear in adverts for the soft drink, and in a company first, her face will also feature on Pepsi cans and other products.
Announcing the deal, the mother-of-one said: "Pepsi embraces creativity and understands that artists evolve.
"As a businesswoman, this allows me to work with a lifestyle brand with no compromise and without sacrificing my creativity."
The 31-year-old singer, who is married to rapper Jay Z, has also made sure that Pepsi invests in projects that she wants to support as a critical part of the collaboration.
Pepsi has included a Creative Development Fund that will go toward creating content, and will allow Queen B to be very hands-on as a brand ambassador.
Speaking about the endorsement Brad Jakeman, president of Pepsi's global beverage group said: "Consumers are seeking a much greater authenticity in marketing from brands they love.
"It's caused a shift in the way we think about deals with artists, from a transactional deal to mutually beneficial collaboration."
Beyoncé's deal with Pepsi comes just months after the company announced a partnership with American Idol judge Nicki Minaj.
Similar to the Young Money rapper, Beyoncé will star in a new 'Live For Now' global television commercial and Pepsi will also sponsor the singer's concert next year.
The limited edition cans featuring Beyoncé's face will be released in March and sold worldwide, including the UK.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Toyota Tops World Sales of Cars, Sells Over 5K Million Vehicles in First Half of 2014
- Man Swindles Apple for $309,768 in 16 States
- Texas Man Selling Condo With ‘Funniest and Most Revealing Ad’
- Air New Zealand Pays $1000 to NZ9 Passengers After Three-Night Delay
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report
- Selena Gomez Allegedly Back in Rehab, Hugs Nat Wolff the Night Justin Bieber & Orlando Bloom Made Headlines in Ibiza
- Girls Star Allison Williams to Play Titular Role in NBC's Peter Pan Live
- Kendall Jenner Forbids Sister Kim Kardashian from Attending her Fashion Shows, Considers her Presence a Hindrance - Reports
- Kendall Jenner Ignores Kim Kardashian Big Time, Tries to Befriend Beyonce - Reports
- Apple Mac Remains Strong Despite Challenging PC Market, iPhone Remains a Winner Through Q3 Price Points