Beyoncé Signs $50m Pepsi Deal ahead of Superbowl
By Toyin Owoseje | December 11, 2012 11:21 PM EST
Soft drinks giant Pepsi has announced Beyoncé as the $50million (£30m) face of its global campaign.
As part of her lucrative deal, the Single Ladies hitmaker will appear in adverts for the soft drink, and in a company first, her face will also feature on Pepsi cans and other products.
Announcing the deal, the mother-of-one said: "Pepsi embraces creativity and understands that artists evolve.
"As a businesswoman, this allows me to work with a lifestyle brand with no compromise and without sacrificing my creativity."
The 31-year-old singer, who is married to rapper Jay Z, has also made sure that Pepsi invests in projects that she wants to support as a critical part of the collaboration.
Pepsi has included a Creative Development Fund that will go toward creating content, and will allow Queen B to be very hands-on as a brand ambassador.
Speaking about the endorsement Brad Jakeman, president of Pepsi's global beverage group said: "Consumers are seeking a much greater authenticity in marketing from brands they love.
"It's caused a shift in the way we think about deals with artists, from a transactional deal to mutually beneficial collaboration."
Beyoncé's deal with Pepsi comes just months after the company announced a partnership with American Idol judge Nicki Minaj.
Similar to the Young Money rapper, Beyoncé will star in a new 'Live For Now' global television commercial and Pepsi will also sponsor the singer's concert next year.
The limited edition cans featuring Beyoncé's face will be released in March and sold worldwide, including the UK.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- Biggest Australian IPO in 4 Years as Healthscope Could Raises $2.12 Billion
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- MH17: ‘Trademark Trolls’ Make Profit Out of the Tragedy
- Radio Australia Cuts to Affect Isolated Vanuatu Residents Who Rely on It for Weather Bulletins
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC One E8 (Plastic Variant of HTC One M8) with 5-Inch Display, Dual-SIM, 801 Processor and 2 GB RAM to Hit New Markets Soon
- iPhone 6 Release Date in September 26 with Price Details and More Killer Features
- Apple iPad Mini Air: Three Fresh Features on the Smart Tablet to Wait for
- 4.7-Inch iPhone 6 Release Date is Sept 26 after iOS 8 GM Public Debut on Sept 17 – Reports