Beyoncé Signs $50m Pepsi Deal ahead of Superbowl
By Toyin Owoseje | December 11, 2012 11:21 PM EST
Soft drinks giant Pepsi has announced Beyoncé as the $50million (£30m) face of its global campaign.
As part of her lucrative deal, the Single Ladies hitmaker will appear in adverts for the soft drink, and in a company first, her face will also feature on Pepsi cans and other products.
Announcing the deal, the mother-of-one said: "Pepsi embraces creativity and understands that artists evolve.
"As a businesswoman, this allows me to work with a lifestyle brand with no compromise and without sacrificing my creativity."
The 31-year-old singer, who is married to rapper Jay Z, has also made sure that Pepsi invests in projects that she wants to support as a critical part of the collaboration.
Pepsi has included a Creative Development Fund that will go toward creating content, and will allow Queen B to be very hands-on as a brand ambassador.
Speaking about the endorsement Brad Jakeman, president of Pepsi's global beverage group said: "Consumers are seeking a much greater authenticity in marketing from brands they love.
"It's caused a shift in the way we think about deals with artists, from a transactional deal to mutually beneficial collaboration."
Beyoncé's deal with Pepsi comes just months after the company announced a partnership with American Idol judge Nicki Minaj.
Similar to the Young Money rapper, Beyoncé will star in a new 'Live For Now' global television commercial and Pepsi will also sponsor the singer's concert next year.
The limited edition cans featuring Beyoncé's face will be released in March and sold worldwide, including the UK.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- #Snapgate: iPad Air 2 Breaks While Undergoing Bend Test
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS