Sensex Down on Profit Taking, Trade Data
December 11, 2012 8:53 PM EST
The BSE Sensex falls 0.26 percent, while the Nifty falls 0.4 percent, off highs on profit-taking after the Nifty futures breached the key psychological level of 6,000 for the first time since Jan 7, 2011.
Traders also cite renewed concerns about India's current account deficit after data on Tuesday showed exports fell 4 percent to $22.3 billion in November, while imports jumped to $41.5 billion, leaving a trade deficit of $19.3 billion.
Traders focused on the outcome of factory data on Wednesday and inflation data on Friday, which are coming ahead of RBI's rate-setting meet on December 18.
Rate sensitive stocks come under pressure: State Bank of India falls 1 percent, Tata Motors falls 1.4 percent.
Tata Consultancy services shares down 0.9 percent have fallen 6.04 percent in past 5 sessions on outlook concerns.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29
- BlackBerry Passport Video Leak, Release Date, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate [Watch YouTube Clip] --Reports
- Iphone 6 Release Date Fast -Approaching, Reuse and Recycle Program Now in Australia