Sensex Down on Profit Taking, Trade Data
December 11, 2012 8:53 PM EST
The BSE Sensex falls 0.26 percent, while the Nifty falls 0.4 percent, off highs on profit-taking after the Nifty futures breached the key psychological level of 6,000 for the first time since Jan 7, 2011.
Traders also cite renewed concerns about India's current account deficit after data on Tuesday showed exports fell 4 percent to $22.3 billion in November, while imports jumped to $41.5 billion, leaving a trade deficit of $19.3 billion.
Traders focused on the outcome of factory data on Wednesday and inflation data on Friday, which are coming ahead of RBI's rate-setting meet on December 18.
Rate sensitive stocks come under pressure: State Bank of India falls 1 percent, Tata Motors falls 1.4 percent.
Tata Consultancy services shares down 0.9 percent have fallen 6.04 percent in past 5 sessions on outlook concerns.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Brad Pitt Still in Love with Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston, Staying with Angelina Jolie for Sake of Kids, Claims Brad's Psychic
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Miranda Kerr Broke Her Silence: Not Pregnant With James Packard’s Baby [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- Google Works on Powering Up Chromebook Line to Kill Competitors, Nvidia Joins with Acer for New Killer Laptop