Sensex Down on Profit Taking, Trade Data
December 11, 2012 8:53 PM EST
The BSE Sensex falls 0.26 percent, while the Nifty falls 0.4 percent, off highs on profit-taking after the Nifty futures breached the key psychological level of 6,000 for the first time since Jan 7, 2011.
Traders also cite renewed concerns about India's current account deficit after data on Tuesday showed exports fell 4 percent to $22.3 billion in November, while imports jumped to $41.5 billion, leaving a trade deficit of $19.3 billion.
Traders focused on the outcome of factory data on Wednesday and inflation data on Friday, which are coming ahead of RBI's rate-setting meet on December 18.
Rate sensitive stocks come under pressure: State Bank of India falls 1 percent, Tata Motors falls 1.4 percent.
Tata Consultancy services shares down 0.9 percent have fallen 6.04 percent in past 5 sessions on outlook concerns.
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28