LG's New Phablet? Optimus G2 May Arrive with 5.5-inch full-HD 1080p Display
By Rohit KVN | December 11, 2012 8:35 PM EST
South Korean electronics company LG is speculated to be working on a 5.5-inch display smartphone.
LG's previous G-Series smartphone, Optimus G, was unveiled just a few months back. It featured a 4.7-inch display and is powered by Snapdragon S4 Pro 1.5 GHz quad-core processor.
Optimus G2 is expected to feature a more powerful quad-core 2.0/2.5 GHz Krait processor, at least 2GB RAM and a 13-megapixel camera. Rumours are afloat that the phone, which is anticipated to be launched by the end of the second quarter of 2013, will likely come on board with Android 5.0 OS, reported NDTV.
Its rival Samsung is also in the news after latest reports stated that its its speculated Galaxy S4 will be showcased at the upcoming CES (Consumer Electronics Show) in January. Speculations rose after the release of a teaser video by Samsung with a tag 'Get Ready'. The video did not feature any device but has created a lot of buzz around the Las Vegas CES event.
Many technology market watchers predict that the year 2013 will be ruled by big screen smartphones, mostly of the phablet variety.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments