LG's New Phablet? Optimus G2 May Arrive with 5.5-inch full-HD 1080p Display
By Rohit KVN | December 11, 2012 8:35 PM EST
South Korean electronics company LG is speculated to be working on a 5.5-inch display smartphone.
LG's previous G-Series smartphone, Optimus G, was unveiled just a few months back. It featured a 4.7-inch display and is powered by Snapdragon S4 Pro 1.5 GHz quad-core processor.
Optimus G2 is expected to feature a more powerful quad-core 2.0/2.5 GHz Krait processor, at least 2GB RAM and a 13-megapixel camera. Rumours are afloat that the phone, which is anticipated to be launched by the end of the second quarter of 2013, will likely come on board with Android 5.0 OS, reported NDTV.
Its rival Samsung is also in the news after latest reports stated that its its speculated Galaxy S4 will be showcased at the upcoming CES (Consumer Electronics Show) in January. Speculations rose after the release of a teaser video by Samsung with a tag 'Get Ready'. The video did not feature any device but has created a lot of buzz around the Las Vegas CES event.
Many technology market watchers predict that the year 2013 will be ruled by big screen smartphones, mostly of the phablet variety.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2