Bradford City v Arsenal: Capital One Cup, Where to Watch Live, Preview and Teams
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | December 11, 2012 8:23 PM EST
Bradford City host Arsenal in the quarter-final of the Capital One Cup as the League Two side look to post yet another major upset, following their win over Wigan Athletic at the DW Stadium in October. The Gunners, on the other hand, will be determined to avoid a repeat of their gaffe against Birmingham City in the 2011 League Cup final and push for their first trophy since 2005.
Where to Watch Live
The match will be telecast live on Sky Sports 1 and Sky Sports 1 HD from 7.45 pm GMT.
Bradford are currently fourth in the League Two table and have lost only once in their last 12 fixtures in all competitions. Phil Parkinson's men also boast the best defensive record at home in the league, conceding only six goals so far in the season. Bradford have met Arsenal four times during Arsene Wenger's reign, after they were promoted to the Premier League in 1999, with the Bantams losing twice and winning once, before being relegated again in 2001. The hosts will be looking to take the Premier League giants to penalties, having emerged victorious in their last seven shootouts, including the 4-2 win over Wigan to qualify for the quarters.
Meanwhile, Arsenal qualified to the last eight of the competition with a thrilling 7-5 victory over Reading at the Madjeski in October, after coming back from 0-4 down. The Gunners are effectively out of the Premier League title race, after already falling 15 points behind leaders Manchester United. And with the two Manchester clubs, Tottenham Hotspur and Liverpool eliminated from the League Cup, this seems Arsenal's best chance to bring an end to their seven-year trophy-drought. Hence Wenger is expected to field a mixture of youth and experience at the Valley Parade, so as to leave nothing to chance.
- Last Five Matches (Most Recent First): W W D D W
- Last Match: Bradford City 1-0 Torquay United
- Last Five Matches (Most Recent First): W L L D D
- Last Match: Arsenal 2-0 West Bromwich Albion
Arsenal: Wenger will be without Olivier Giroud, who suffered a back injury against West Brom, with Marouane Chamakh expected to lead the attack. Theo Walcott also remains sidelined with a calf injury, while both Laurent Koscielny and Abou Diaby are expected to return only after the New Year. Wenger is also likely to rotate his squad a little, with Tomas Rosicky and Francis Coquelin coming in for Jack Wilshere and Mikel Arteta, while Aaron Ramsey has an outside chance to take Santi Cazorla's place as well. The Gunners could remain unchanged at the back, with Wenger expected to take no chances, after conceding five goals against Reading the last time around.
Probable Line-up (4-2-3-1): Szczesny; Jenkinson, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Gibbs; Coquelin, Ramsey; Oxlade-Chamberlain, Rosicky, Gervinho; Chamakh
Bradford City: The Bantams have no fresh injury issues. Forward Zavon Hines and winger Kyel Reid are both expected to be out till Christmas. Andrew Davies has been sidelined till the New Year, while fellow defender Luke Oliver is out for the rest of the season.
Probable Line-up (4-4-2): Duke; Darby, McHugh, McArdle, Meredith; Thompson, Jones, Doyle, Atkinson; Hanson, Wells
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- MMA News: Transgender Fighter Fallon Fox Challenges Ronda Rousey, Fires Back on ‘Ignorant’ Comments
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Points Out Amir Khan's Poor Boxing Record
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Fight Won't Happen As Long As Bob Arum Is Involved, Says Pacquiao's Former Conditioning Coach
- WWE News: CM Punk Merchandise Pulled From Stands, Punk Chasing Royalties For WWE 2K15 Inclusion [VIDEO]
- Floyd Mayweather Admits Marcos Maidana’s Power Shot Hurt Him [VIDEO]
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4