Bradford City v Arsenal: Capital One Cup, Where to Watch Live, Preview and Teams
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | December 11, 2012 8:23 PM EST
Bradford City host Arsenal in the quarter-final of the Capital One Cup as the League Two side look to post yet another major upset, following their win over Wigan Athletic at the DW Stadium in October. The Gunners, on the other hand, will be determined to avoid a repeat of their gaffe against Birmingham City in the 2011 League Cup final and push for their first trophy since 2005.
Where to Watch Live
The match will be telecast live on Sky Sports 1 and Sky Sports 1 HD from 7.45 pm GMT.
Bradford are currently fourth in the League Two table and have lost only once in their last 12 fixtures in all competitions. Phil Parkinson's men also boast the best defensive record at home in the league, conceding only six goals so far in the season. Bradford have met Arsenal four times during Arsene Wenger's reign, after they were promoted to the Premier League in 1999, with the Bantams losing twice and winning once, before being relegated again in 2001. The hosts will be looking to take the Premier League giants to penalties, having emerged victorious in their last seven shootouts, including the 4-2 win over Wigan to qualify for the quarters.
Meanwhile, Arsenal qualified to the last eight of the competition with a thrilling 7-5 victory over Reading at the Madjeski in October, after coming back from 0-4 down. The Gunners are effectively out of the Premier League title race, after already falling 15 points behind leaders Manchester United. And with the two Manchester clubs, Tottenham Hotspur and Liverpool eliminated from the League Cup, this seems Arsenal's best chance to bring an end to their seven-year trophy-drought. Hence Wenger is expected to field a mixture of youth and experience at the Valley Parade, so as to leave nothing to chance.
- Last Five Matches (Most Recent First): W W D D W
- Last Match: Bradford City 1-0 Torquay United
- Last Five Matches (Most Recent First): W L L D D
- Last Match: Arsenal 2-0 West Bromwich Albion
Arsenal: Wenger will be without Olivier Giroud, who suffered a back injury against West Brom, with Marouane Chamakh expected to lead the attack. Theo Walcott also remains sidelined with a calf injury, while both Laurent Koscielny and Abou Diaby are expected to return only after the New Year. Wenger is also likely to rotate his squad a little, with Tomas Rosicky and Francis Coquelin coming in for Jack Wilshere and Mikel Arteta, while Aaron Ramsey has an outside chance to take Santi Cazorla's place as well. The Gunners could remain unchanged at the back, with Wenger expected to take no chances, after conceding five goals against Reading the last time around.
Probable Line-up (4-2-3-1): Szczesny; Jenkinson, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Gibbs; Coquelin, Ramsey; Oxlade-Chamberlain, Rosicky, Gervinho; Chamakh
Bradford City: The Bantams have no fresh injury issues. Forward Zavon Hines and winger Kyel Reid are both expected to be out till Christmas. Andrew Davies has been sidelined till the New Year, while fellow defender Luke Oliver is out for the rest of the season.
Probable Line-up (4-4-2): Duke; Darby, McHugh, McArdle, Meredith; Thompson, Jones, Doyle, Atkinson; Hanson, Wells
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Manchester United Owners Set To Sell Club In £3B Deal After Acquiring Cristiano Ronaldo, Report Says
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- Ukraine Under Pressure To Accept EU Brokered Gas Deal With Russia: Resists High Prices Demanded By Russia