List of HTC Smartphones to Receive Jelly Bean Update Leaked
By Sarmistha Acharya | December 11, 2012 7:35 PM EST
A list of HTC's next smartphones which are expected to receive the Android Jelly Bean software update has leaked. The leak comes from none other than recognised HTC developer, Football, who revealed the information via Twitter. Below are the names of phones which will get the Jelly Bean update.
1) HTC One X+ (Evitare)
2) HTC One XL (Evita)
3) HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE (Fireball)
4) HTC Evo 4G LTE (Jewel)
5) HTC One SV (K2)
6) HTC One VX (Totem C2)
7) HTC One S (Ville)
8) HTC One S C2 (Ville C2)
9) HTC J ISW13HT (Valente)
The tweet does not reveal any information on the Jelly Bean software version: whether it will be Android 4.2 or 4.1.2 or 4.1. The list also does not include some of the mid-range popular smartphones such as HTC Sensation, Incredible S, Amaze and Desire X.
What is slightly confusing is that the One X+ has also been listed for upgrade whereas the device was first shipped with Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) that is skinned by HTC's user interface (UI), Sense 4+. This leads to the conclusion that the device may either get Android 4.2 update or the listing is by mistake, notes Android Authority.
Apart from One X+ all the other smartphones in the list are currently running on Android Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) software.
The Android 4.1.1 software with Sense 4+ update was already pushed out to the company's flagship, One X. HTC confirmed on Twitter this week that the roll out for the Android 4.1 update in the EMEA region began on 5 December - though when that will arrive on user's phone depends on when networks push it out to users.
Earlier, the Taiwanese mobile manufacturer mentioned on its FAQ page that the handsets having 512MB of RAM or less will not be upgraded to Jelly Bean. A couple of them include HTC One V and Desire C. According to HTC, the Android 4.1 will not run properly on handsets with low RAM. However, the company has assured consumers that the devices left out of Jelly Bean update will receive security fixes with ongoing support.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy