Manually Install Android 4.2.1 OTA Update on Galaxy Nexus I9250 with KALO Jelly Bean ROM [GUIDE]
By Vinod Yalburgi | December 11, 2012 7:14 PM EST
Although the majority of users are still awaiting the patch release for their smartphone, XDA Developer member kalo86 has released Android 4.2.1 based KALO Jelly Bean custom ROM. The ROM is based on the popular AOSP custom firmware that brings you pure vanilla Android experience to boot. The ROM is rooted and deodexed, and comes without the stock recovery.
The KALO ROM and the instructions given in this guide are meant for reference purpose only. IBTimes UK will not be held responsible if you damage or brick your device in the process of installing the Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean update on it. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
- The KALO Jelly Bean ROM and the instructions provided in this guide are applicable to the international variant Galaxy Nexus I9250 model only and will not work on any other device. Verify your device's model number by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
- Verify that your Galaxy Nexus' bootloader is unlocked and rooted with ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) preinstalled on it.
- Ensure that your phone's battery has at least 80 percent charge to avoid unexpected device shutdown (due to battery drain) while flashing the Android 4.2.1 KALO Jelly Bean ROM on the Galaxy Nexus phone.
- IBTimes UK advises users to back up apps, important data and settings to avoid risk of data loss while installing the Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean update on the Galaxy Nexus I9250.
- Download KALO ROM with Google Apps (GApps) to your computer.
How to Install Android 4.2.1 Update on Galaxy Nexus I9250 with KALO Jelly Bean ROM
1. Copy the AOSP JOP40D KALO ROM zip file to the phone's internal SD card.
2. Switch off your Galaxy Nexus and boot into Recovery Mode. To do so, press and hold down the Volume Up, Volume Down, and Power buttons until the device enters Fastboot Mode. Now, choose the Recovery option.
NOTE: Use Volume keys to navigate and Power button to select an option in Recovery.
3. Take a NANDroid backup of the current ROM , so that ir can be restored later if something goes wrong with the new ROM. Choose Backup and Restore and hit Backup.
4. Wipe your data with the following commands:
- Choose Wipe Data/Factory Reset and click Yes to confirm.
- Tap on Wipe Cache Partition and select Yes to confirm.
- Select Advanced, click Wipe Dalvik Cache and choose Yes to confirm.
5. Choose Install ZIP from SD Card. Then click Choose ZIP from SD Card and select the AOSP based KALO ROM zip file that you copied to your phone earlier in step 1. Finally, click Yes to confirm the action.
6. Hit Go Back and click Reboot System Now.
You have now successfully flashed the KALO Jelly Bean ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250. Boot into the new ROM and enjoy your favourite vanilla Android experience.
[Source: Android Authority]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy