Arsenal Plan Shock Move for United Winger - Report
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | December 11, 2012 6:32 PM EST
Arsene Wenger is looking to strengthen the Gunners' squad in January and the report claims that the Frenchman now feels the Portuguese international could be a vital addition to his ranks.
Nani's current contract with the Red Devils runs out in under two years and there has been intense speculation about his future at Old Trafford. The 26-year-old, who has not featured regularly for United this season, recently stated his desire to play more games, increasing further doubts about a possible exit either in January or next summer
"Only God knows what awaits me. I am in perfect condition - I am physically good and feeling confident. I am the same Nani as always," the winger said.
The former Sporting Lisbon star was heavily linked with Russian side Zenit St Petersburg in the summer but the move did not materialise. Agent and former Manchester City legend Georgi Kinkladze recently revealed that the deal fell through as Nani demanded high wages to leave England for Russia.
"He really wanted to be with Zenith - and I had contact with United. But the Portuguese requested a salary that was abandoned; €11m per year. In my opinion, Nani specifically named the sum, that turned into negotiations but he did not plan to go anywhere. He's 26 years, playing in the best club in the Premier League," Kinkladze explained.
Meanwhile, Wenger continues his struggles with the contract situation of forward Theo Walcott. The England international has just seven months remaining on his current deal and is yet to sign an extension. The 23-year-old is keen on a central striker role and a better wage package, if he is to stay at the Emirates. And the manager has revealed that there has been not much progress in the former Southampton man's contract negotiations.
"With Theo, I have no news. I personally am not involved in that directly, indirectly of course yes, but at the moment we have not made any progress. Honestly, I am frustrated," Wenger pointed out.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Lamar Odom’s Hope Of Reuniting With Khloe Kardashian Crushed, ‘KUWTK’ Star Reportedly Dating Wiz Khalifa
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier