Arsenal Plan Shock Move for United Winger - Report
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | December 11, 2012 6:32 PM EST
Arsene Wenger is looking to strengthen the Gunners' squad in January and the report claims that the Frenchman now feels the Portuguese international could be a vital addition to his ranks.
Nani's current contract with the Red Devils runs out in under two years and there has been intense speculation about his future at Old Trafford. The 26-year-old, who has not featured regularly for United this season, recently stated his desire to play more games, increasing further doubts about a possible exit either in January or next summer
"Only God knows what awaits me. I am in perfect condition - I am physically good and feeling confident. I am the same Nani as always," the winger said.
The former Sporting Lisbon star was heavily linked with Russian side Zenit St Petersburg in the summer but the move did not materialise. Agent and former Manchester City legend Georgi Kinkladze recently revealed that the deal fell through as Nani demanded high wages to leave England for Russia.
"He really wanted to be with Zenith - and I had contact with United. But the Portuguese requested a salary that was abandoned; €11m per year. In my opinion, Nani specifically named the sum, that turned into negotiations but he did not plan to go anywhere. He's 26 years, playing in the best club in the Premier League," Kinkladze explained.
Meanwhile, Wenger continues his struggles with the contract situation of forward Theo Walcott. The England international has just seven months remaining on his current deal and is yet to sign an extension. The 23-year-old is keen on a central striker role and a better wage package, if he is to stay at the Emirates. And the manager has revealed that there has been not much progress in the former Southampton man's contract negotiations.
"With Theo, I have no news. I personally am not involved in that directly, indirectly of course yes, but at the moment we have not made any progress. Honestly, I am frustrated," Wenger pointed out.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: Spain vs. Iran Preview, Starting Lineups
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Finland Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Wenger's Take on Falcao and Rabiot
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Google Can Kill Samsung with Android KitKat and Android One: Here's How