LG Sells 10M+ Optimus L Series Phones Worldwide
By Erik Pineda | December 11, 2012 4:00 PM EST
LG is in celebration mode following the South Korean firm's announcement at the start of the week that over 10 million units of the Optimus L smartphone lines have reached global consumers since since the device was launched this year.
The Optimus L series is headlined by the 4.7-inch screen L9, the cream of the crop of a bunch that LG said caters to consumers on 50 key markets worldwide looking to own smartphones that are both "attractive and distinctly styled."
The whole line - the Optimus L3, the Optimus L5 and the Optimus L7 - spans "timeless design with fine details that further differentiates LG's mobile devices from the competition."
Marching beyond the impressive mark, which may be modest to other gadget manufacturers, represent a milestone for LG that "demonstrates the importance of delivering smartphones with stylish design, comparative size of display and enhanced UX features," LG Mobile Communications Company chief executive Park Jong-seok said in a statement.
Mr Park credited the success to LG's core design philosophy, which he stressed is governed by five aesthetic elements: "Modern Square Style for a comfortable grip, Floating Mass Technology for a slimmer look, Seamless Layout for a more intuitive arrangement of keys, Harmonized Design Contrast utilizing metallic accents and Sensuous Slim Shape that draws one's gaze to the unique form factor."
"Whereas other manufacturers are putting all their eggs into a one-size-fits-all phone, our strategy is to develop mobile products for all types of customers according to their individual needs and lifestyles," the LG chief added.
LG has been registering substantial gains this year, posting enough revenues on its mobile business to realise some incomes for Q3 2012 in an industry that remains a turf by the tech titans - Apple and Samsung.
By fully embracing the Android platform and spicing it up with its unique LG flavour, the tech firm found the right formula for delectable gadget offerings - large-screen and sexy looking handsets that are paired with in-house smartphone features, experts said.
Among the notable Optimus L attractions well-received by consumers are the QuickMemo and QTranslator, which LG said are part of its exclusive UX menu.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Malaysian Airlines Ukraine Tragedy Hits Asian Stock Markets
- Fairfax Chief Executive Greg Hywood Reiterates Commitment to Radio; No Merger With Macquarie Radio
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June