LG Sells 10M+ Optimus L Series Phones Worldwide
By Erik Pineda | December 11, 2012 4:00 PM EST
LG is in celebration mode following the South Korean firm's announcement at the start of the week that over 10 million units of the Optimus L smartphone lines have reached global consumers since since the device was launched this year.
The Optimus L series is headlined by the 4.7-inch screen L9, the cream of the crop of a bunch that LG said caters to consumers on 50 key markets worldwide looking to own smartphones that are both "attractive and distinctly styled."
The whole line - the Optimus L3, the Optimus L5 and the Optimus L7 - spans "timeless design with fine details that further differentiates LG's mobile devices from the competition."
Marching beyond the impressive mark, which may be modest to other gadget manufacturers, represent a milestone for LG that "demonstrates the importance of delivering smartphones with stylish design, comparative size of display and enhanced UX features," LG Mobile Communications Company chief executive Park Jong-seok said in a statement.
Mr Park credited the success to LG's core design philosophy, which he stressed is governed by five aesthetic elements: "Modern Square Style for a comfortable grip, Floating Mass Technology for a slimmer look, Seamless Layout for a more intuitive arrangement of keys, Harmonized Design Contrast utilizing metallic accents and Sensuous Slim Shape that draws one's gaze to the unique form factor."
"Whereas other manufacturers are putting all their eggs into a one-size-fits-all phone, our strategy is to develop mobile products for all types of customers according to their individual needs and lifestyles," the LG chief added.
LG has been registering substantial gains this year, posting enough revenues on its mobile business to realise some incomes for Q3 2012 in an industry that remains a turf by the tech titans - Apple and Samsung.
By fully embracing the Android platform and spicing it up with its unique LG flavour, the tech firm found the right formula for delectable gadget offerings - large-screen and sexy looking handsets that are paired with in-house smartphone features, experts said.
Among the notable Optimus L attractions well-received by consumers are the QuickMemo and QTranslator, which LG said are part of its exclusive UX menu.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Sydney Software Firm Bigcommerce Teams Up With Alibaba To Beat Amazon
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’