LG Sells 10M+ Optimus L Series Phones Worldwide
By Erik Pineda | December 11, 2012 4:00 PM EST
LG is in celebration mode following the South Korean firm's announcement at the start of the week that over 10 million units of the Optimus L smartphone lines have reached global consumers since since the device was launched this year.
The Optimus L series is headlined by the 4.7-inch screen L9, the cream of the crop of a bunch that LG said caters to consumers on 50 key markets worldwide looking to own smartphones that are both "attractive and distinctly styled."
The whole line - the Optimus L3, the Optimus L5 and the Optimus L7 - spans "timeless design with fine details that further differentiates LG's mobile devices from the competition."
Marching beyond the impressive mark, which may be modest to other gadget manufacturers, represent a milestone for LG that "demonstrates the importance of delivering smartphones with stylish design, comparative size of display and enhanced UX features," LG Mobile Communications Company chief executive Park Jong-seok said in a statement.
Mr Park credited the success to LG's core design philosophy, which he stressed is governed by five aesthetic elements: "Modern Square Style for a comfortable grip, Floating Mass Technology for a slimmer look, Seamless Layout for a more intuitive arrangement of keys, Harmonized Design Contrast utilizing metallic accents and Sensuous Slim Shape that draws one's gaze to the unique form factor."
"Whereas other manufacturers are putting all their eggs into a one-size-fits-all phone, our strategy is to develop mobile products for all types of customers according to their individual needs and lifestyles," the LG chief added.
LG has been registering substantial gains this year, posting enough revenues on its mobile business to realise some incomes for Q3 2012 in an industry that remains a turf by the tech titans - Apple and Samsung.
By fully embracing the Android platform and spicing it up with its unique LG flavour, the tech firm found the right formula for delectable gadget offerings - large-screen and sexy looking handsets that are paired with in-house smartphone features, experts said.
Among the notable Optimus L attractions well-received by consumers are the QuickMemo and QTranslator, which LG said are part of its exclusive UX menu.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Brad Pitt Still in Love with Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston, Staying with Angelina Jolie for Sake of Kids, Claims Brad's Psychic
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
- Transfer News: Manchester United's Possible Transfer Options For This Season
Join the Conversation
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- Google Works on Powering Up Chromebook Line to Kill Competitors, Nvidia Joins with Acer for New Killer Laptop