Bharti Infratel to Raise $120 million of IPO Shares to Anchor Investors
December 11, 2012 3:15 PM EST
Bharti Infratel Ltd, the telecommunications tower arm of top Indian mobile carrier Bharti Airtel (BRTI.NS), said it will allot shares worth $120 million to cornerstone investors as part of its up to $832 million initial public offering.
Investors including units of Morgan Stanley (MS.N) and Citigroup (C.N) have agreed to buy 28.3 million shares of Bharti Infratel at 230 rupees apiece, the company said in a regulatory filing on Monday.
The share sale opens for public subscription on Tuesday and will close on Friday.
Bharti Infratel has set a price band of between 210 rupees and 240 rupees a share for the issue of 188.9 million shares, or 10 percent of its equity, in what will be the country's biggest IPO in two years.
Bharti Infratel is selling about 146 million new shares in the IPO, while four private equity investors including arms of Singapore state investor Temasek TEM.UL and Goldman Sachs (GS.N) are selling the remainder.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch (BAC.N), JPMorgan (JPM.N), Barclays (BARC.L), Standard Chartered (STAN.L), Deutsche Bank (DBKGn.DE), HSBC (HSBA.L) and UBS (UBSN.VX), and India's Kotak Mahindra and Enam, are Bharti Infratel's advisers for the IPO.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- China Military PLA Drills Affect Flights, Hundreds Cancelled
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: EU Feared Won't Ever Enforce Sanctions on Russia; All Talk, No Force
- U.S. Flights to Israel Now Lifted, Flights To and From Tel Aviv Resume – FAA
- Reserve Bank of New Zealand Raises Interest Rates Due to 'Unsustainable' Kiwi
- Embattled Malaysia Airlines Could Run Out of Cash 2015; Diverts Plane Over Another War Zone After MH17 Crash
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales