Kate Middleton Prank Call: Nurse Jacintha Saldanha’s Family Should Undergo Counseling like the Australian DJs
By Jenalyn Villamarin | December 11, 2012 1:02 PM EST
British Member of Parliament Keith Vaz stated that the devastated family of Nurse Jacintha Saldanha should also receive the same intensive counseling offered to the two Australian radio hosts who made the royal prank call. The British MP first met the Saldanha family at their Briston home then welcomed them with a warm hug at the Parliament on Monday.
"I would hope very much that trained psychologists and others will be helping this family because they are obviously grief-stricken. They simply cannot cope or understand what is happening. I am not sure that they are getting the kind of support that, for example, the DJs in Australia appear to be getting," MP Vaz stated.
"This is a small, loving family. When I was there they were having prayers for her and they will continue to love her and to cherish her until they take her to India where they wish to bury her, after they have reclaimed the body," he further added.
MP Keith Vaz also confirmed the police had been supportive to the family as well as the King Edward VII Hospital where Jacintha Saldanha worked. "The hospital has made it very clear it has supported Jacintha, which is what we would expect a good employer to do," MP Vaz declared.
However, when asked about whether the family is aware that Ms. Saldanha's tragic death could be caused by an appalling royal prank call, the British MP refused to answer the question.
"They are a very close-knit family and they had previously contacted her every day. It's for them to tell everybody what has happened over those crucial two days," he said.
According to MP Keith Vaz, Jacintha Saldanha's family was grateful that the King Edward VII Hospital arranged a memorial fund in her memory and that the local Bangalorean community had rallied round for the nurse's tragic demise.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- US Police Release Video Of Officers Shooting 12-Year-Old Tamir Rice
- US Toddler, 3, Shoots Mother To Death With 9mm Handgun
- UFO Falling 'Angel Hair' Strands Spotted By Portugal Residents [VIDEO]
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Has 'Uncanny Ability,' Described As 'Posh' During Public Appearances
- NSW Girl, 12, Takes Wheel of Mazda MX5 & Saves Lives After Father Suffers Heart Attack
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast