Kate Middleton Prank Call: Nurse Jacintha Saldanha’s Family Should Undergo Counseling like the Australian DJs
By Jenalyn Villamarin | December 11, 2012 1:02 PM EST
British Member of Parliament Keith Vaz stated that the devastated family of Nurse Jacintha Saldanha should also receive the same intensive counseling offered to the two Australian radio hosts who made the royal prank call. The British MP first met the Saldanha family at their Briston home then welcomed them with a warm hug at the Parliament on Monday.
"I would hope very much that trained psychologists and others will be helping this family because they are obviously grief-stricken. They simply cannot cope or understand what is happening. I am not sure that they are getting the kind of support that, for example, the DJs in Australia appear to be getting," MP Vaz stated.
"This is a small, loving family. When I was there they were having prayers for her and they will continue to love her and to cherish her until they take her to India where they wish to bury her, after they have reclaimed the body," he further added.
MP Keith Vaz also confirmed the police had been supportive to the family as well as the King Edward VII Hospital where Jacintha Saldanha worked. "The hospital has made it very clear it has supported Jacintha, which is what we would expect a good employer to do," MP Vaz declared.
However, when asked about whether the family is aware that Ms. Saldanha's tragic death could be caused by an appalling royal prank call, the British MP refused to answer the question.
"They are a very close-knit family and they had previously contacted her every day. It's for them to tell everybody what has happened over those crucial two days," he said.
According to MP Keith Vaz, Jacintha Saldanha's family was grateful that the King Edward VII Hospital arranged a memorial fund in her memory and that the local Bangalorean community had rallied round for the nurse's tragic demise.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- MH370 Update: Australians Unveil New Map To Find The Missing Plane
- Court Grants Indian Man Divorce Over Wife’s Insatiable Sex Demands
- Ebola Virus 'Rapidly Mutating' as Research Finds Almost 400 Mutations; International Aid Moves at a Snail's Pace
- ISIS Threat: Australia Terror Alert Level at 'Medium' as Saudi King Warns of Attacks in Europe in a Month
- Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photos Leak Raises Doubts on Apple's iCloud; How to Secure Apple ID
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- Google Can Kill Samsung with Android KitKat and Android One: Here's How