Samsung Hints of a New Device at CES 2013: Is It the Galaxy S4?
By Vittorio Hernandez | December 11, 2012 12:14 PM EST
The tech world is definitely excited for the Consumer Electronic Show 2013 scheduled on Jan 7-13 in Las Vegas. The show is expected to be different from previous editions as Microsoft steps away from its long-running keynote, and Samsung and QuallComm step in to fill the gap.
The more prominent role of the South Korean tech firm has fueled rumours that Samsung will unveil its flagship, the Galaxy S4, at the event. The S4 reportedly will sport 4.99 inches of HD display and its screen will have plastic cover instead of the classical glass cover.
Samsung Galaxy S3 was released in early 2012 and still making great sales with plans of updating the device to Android 4.2 version in the first quarter of 2013.
Samsung is one among several tech companies developing flexible screens for smartphones. If Samsung plans to deliver the result of their developments about flexible phones, the other competing brands will have to do even better features on flexible screens.
Super AMOLED is the term used by Samsung describing the AMOLED displays which integrated digitizer, the layer that detects touch is integrated into the screen rather than overlaid on top of it. According to Samsung, Super AMOLED reflects 5 times less sunlight than the first generation AMOLED. This display technology itself is not changed and is part of the Pentile Matrix Family.
This display type has been used by Samsung to the majority of its flagship smartphones and may take part to the Galaxy S4.
The rumours are still unconfirmed if it is Galaxy S4 that will be blessed with this breakthrough technology in 2013 of a flexible Super AMOLED screen display. The flexi technology may appear in other smartphones which may have a different name as the first to be made or maybe a phablet which could be Galaxy Note 3.
Speculated display features of Galaxy S4:
- 4.99 inches
- 1080p screen resolution
- 441 pixel per inch
- Super AMOLED technology
- Flexible display screen
A debut could happen if Samsung goes a level up by making a Super AMOLED screen made from film instead of glass which claimed to be thinner, lighter and unbreakable.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown