'Modern-Day Seinfeld' Twitter Account Ignites Hilarity
By Maria Vultaggio | December 11, 2012 9:28 AM EST
The Seinfeld Twitter account is pretty much the closest fans of the 1990s show will get to a modern-day Seinfeld reunion.
The hilarious tweets on the account are going viral, as fans spread the word about the “modern-day Seinfeld reunion.”
The beloved sitcom captured its era, but the Twitter account gives the character’s opinions as if they were on the show in 2012.
The account, already with nearly 30,000 followers, is described: “What if Seinfeld was still on the air? (Thanks to @JoshGondelmanfor the inspiration.)”
People can check out the account aptly named @SeinfeldToday to explore plotlines and read posts from people impersonating Jerry, George, Elaine and Kramer.
As the characters talk about e-books and iPhones, and even have Kramer claiming he invented the Snuggie, the Twitter account reminds people how much they miss the show.
"My friend Josh and I were tweeting these last night on our personal accounts," Moore told Mashable. "I thought the idea could be it's own thing."
"I'm a little surprised it took off, but Seinfeld's my favorite thing in the world, so it's cool that other people still like it the way I do," he added.
Here are some of the best @SeinfeldToday tweets to date:
“Elaine has a bad waiter at a nice restaurant, her negative Yelp review goes viral, she gets banned. Kramer accidentally joins the Tea Party.”
“Kramer fights with an Apple Genius. Elaine dates a hot subway conductor. Jerry gets an offer to 'ghost tweet' the Kelloggs feed.”
“George pretends to be vegan to sleep with a woman, but then makes her eggs in the morning. Kramer gets an ebook deal. Jerry has a bad set.”
Maybe the account will inspire Jerry Seinfeld to actually do a "modern-day Seinfeld reunion."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 21, 2014: A Party For Hope And Wyatt Affects Liam’s Pride In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1 Teaser Video: ‘What’s Coming Next’
- ‘True Blood’ Final Episode Thank You: Watch Sookie Ask Whether God Made Us All, Find Out Why 'True Blood' Is Ending [VIDEO]
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch