'Modern-Day Seinfeld' Twitter Account Ignites Hilarity
By Maria Vultaggio | December 11, 2012 9:28 AM EST
The Seinfeld Twitter account is pretty much the closest fans of the 1990s show will get to a modern-day Seinfeld reunion.
The hilarious tweets on the account are going viral, as fans spread the word about the “modern-day Seinfeld reunion.”
The beloved sitcom captured its era, but the Twitter account gives the character’s opinions as if they were on the show in 2012.
The account, already with nearly 30,000 followers, is described: “What if Seinfeld was still on the air? (Thanks to @JoshGondelmanfor the inspiration.)”
People can check out the account aptly named @SeinfeldToday to explore plotlines and read posts from people impersonating Jerry, George, Elaine and Kramer.
As the characters talk about e-books and iPhones, and even have Kramer claiming he invented the Snuggie, the Twitter account reminds people how much they miss the show.
"My friend Josh and I were tweeting these last night on our personal accounts," Moore told Mashable. "I thought the idea could be it's own thing."
"I'm a little surprised it took off, but Seinfeld's my favorite thing in the world, so it's cool that other people still like it the way I do," he added.
Here are some of the best @SeinfeldToday tweets to date:
“Elaine has a bad waiter at a nice restaurant, her negative Yelp review goes viral, she gets banned. Kramer accidentally joins the Tea Party.”
“Kramer fights with an Apple Genius. Elaine dates a hot subway conductor. Jerry gets an offer to 'ghost tweet' the Kelloggs feed.”
“George pretends to be vegan to sleep with a woman, but then makes her eggs in the morning. Kramer gets an ebook deal. Jerry has a bad set.”
Maybe the account will inspire Jerry Seinfeld to actually do a "modern-day Seinfeld reunion."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Episode 11 On Hold, Return Date, Title And Synopsis Of New Episode
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies’ New Images Of Bard And Smaug In Battle
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers – ‘Coda’: Midseason Finale Is ‘Heartbreaking’ And ‘Gut-Wrenching’
- 'Arrow' Season 3 Updates: Oliver Queen And Team Go To Barry Allen's Central City (Spoilers)
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Spoilers: Ramsay Bolton
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Will Shatter Records with 64-Bit Snapdragon, 21MP Camera and Bendable Design
- Lowe's Black Friday 2014 Deals Include Up To 40% Off On Select Major Appliances, Plus Free Shipping For Orders Of $19 Or More
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Best Buy,Target And Amazon Offer Huge Discounts On Tablets Like iPad Air 2, Shield Tablet, Surface Pro 3 And More
- Canada Jetlines Files For C$50 Million Airline IPO