'Modern-Day Seinfeld' Twitter Account Ignites Hilarity
By Maria Vultaggio | December 11, 2012 9:28 AM EST
The Seinfeld Twitter account is pretty much the closest fans of the 1990s show will get to a modern-day Seinfeld reunion.
The hilarious tweets on the account are going viral, as fans spread the word about the “modern-day Seinfeld reunion.”
The beloved sitcom captured its era, but the Twitter account gives the character’s opinions as if they were on the show in 2012.
The account, already with nearly 30,000 followers, is described: “What if Seinfeld was still on the air? (Thanks to @JoshGondelmanfor the inspiration.)”
People can check out the account aptly named @SeinfeldToday to explore plotlines and read posts from people impersonating Jerry, George, Elaine and Kramer.
As the characters talk about e-books and iPhones, and even have Kramer claiming he invented the Snuggie, the Twitter account reminds people how much they miss the show.
"My friend Josh and I were tweeting these last night on our personal accounts," Moore told Mashable. "I thought the idea could be it's own thing."
"I'm a little surprised it took off, but Seinfeld's my favorite thing in the world, so it's cool that other people still like it the way I do," he added.
Here are some of the best @SeinfeldToday tweets to date:
“Elaine has a bad waiter at a nice restaurant, her negative Yelp review goes viral, she gets banned. Kramer accidentally joins the Tea Party.”
“Kramer fights with an Apple Genius. Elaine dates a hot subway conductor. Jerry gets an offer to 'ghost tweet' the Kelloggs feed.”
“George pretends to be vegan to sleep with a woman, but then makes her eggs in the morning. Kramer gets an ebook deal. Jerry has a bad set.”
Maybe the account will inspire Jerry Seinfeld to actually do a "modern-day Seinfeld reunion."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Kendra Wilkinson's Divorce Troubles: Hank Baskett Cheated Before Allegedly Caught with Transexual Model - Reports
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers, Speculations: Stana Katic in More ‘Beast’ Action, Nathan Fillion Mulls Caskett Wedding Schedule
- Scandal Season 4 Update: Premiere Episode Title Revealed, A Different New Season
- Transfer News: In Demand Everton Midfielder Silence Speculations by Penning New Deal [VIDEO]
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Reebok Launches Bacon Line to Lure CrossFit and Paleo Diet Fans
- Transfer News: Star Midfielder Pledges Future with Manchester City [VIDEO]
- ACT Party's Demand to Re Consider Maoris Privileges Evokes Reprimand