In some of the most popular locations such as Dubai Marin and Palm Jumeirah rents have gone up by almost a quarter, according to the latest market report from consultants CBRE.
Dubai was one of the hardest hit real estate markets during the downturn, with CBRE reporting that average one, two and three bedroom apartments seeing rental rates slumping by 54% between the end of 2008 and the end of 2011.
But in 2012 confidence has started to return to the market. Locations seeing a 24 % rise in rents include Downtown Dubai, Dubai Marina, the Greens, Jumeirah Beach Residence and Palm Jumeirah.
Most Popular Slideshows
- 'Game of Thrones'-like Film, 'The Queen of the Tearling,' Casts Emma Watson as Lead Star and Exec Producer [PHOTOS]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Movie Casting: Selena Gomez Open to Nude Role, Ready for Anastasia Steele? [PHOTOS]
- Asus Transformer Infinity Pad, Sony Vaio Duo, Toshiba Satellite, A Look at Intel's Haswell 4th Generation Ultrabooks and Notebooks [Photos]
- Jackie Chan Dead 2013: Where is the Chinese Actor Amid Resurfaced Fake Death Reports? [PHOTOS]
- Rate this Story
- Xbox One/Xbox 720: Angry Fans Push Microsoft to Reverse Policies & Why The $500 Price Tag Still Stands
- Supernova 2011fe is Remarkably Normal, Becomes Standard For Future Research
- Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2 Official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Update Release Date on November Due to Galaxy S4 Sales?
- PS4 Pre-Orders Outnumber Xbox 2 To 1 At GameStop, According To Report
- Xbox One: Congressmen Introduce 'We Are Watching You Act' Bill, Targets Kinect Snooping
- Sony PS4 Release Date: Gaming Console Releasing on 31 December?
- What If Asian-Americans Formed Their Own Country?
- Official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Update for Samsung Galaxy S3 & Galaxy Note 2 Confirmed on 3rd Quarter 2013 with Galaxy S4 Features
- Australia has Two Years Before Plunging Into Recession – Economist
- BlackBerry May Not Launch BB10 In South Korea
- Ian Somerhalder Gets Over Nina Dobrev with Malese Jow? 'Vampire Diaries' Co-Star Professed Her Love for the Actor on Twitter
- Google Urges Australian Companies to Have a “Chill Out” Work Environment
- Nokia to Launch Quad-Core Smartphone Soon: Report
- ‘Man of Steel’ Critics Review: A Mixed Bag with Unending Action Sequences and Warm Emotional Quotient
- 4 Reasons Why $99 iPhone 5S Release Date Will Happen This Year
- ASUS Memo Pad HD 7 Android tablet is the New Google Nexus? Specs and What to Expect
- Samsung’s June 20 Event is No Unpacked Episode 2: Galaxy Note 3 Release Date to Come Later
- Game-Optimised iPhone 6, iPhone 5S Geared by Apple to Combat Sony PSP Vita, Nintendo 3DS – Report
- Evasi0n Jailbreak iOS7 Future Dim, Evad3rs Considering Android Switch or iOS6 Stay; Find Out Why [TWEETS]
- New iPhone 6 Concept Reveals Incredible Specs, Features Including Large Screen, Quad-Core Processor, 18MP Camera
- Sony Xperia SL, Acro S New Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware Released; Pre-rooted Version with CWM Available!