Arsenal Close To Agreeing Deal For £4m Striker – Report
By Vanessa Keller | December 10, 2012 10:48 PM EST
Arsenal are close to agreeing to purchase Klass-Jan Huntelaar for £4 million, according to reports, with the deal nearly completed for the striker to move to the Emirates in January.
Huntelaar is entering into the final six months of his contract with Schalke, and appears ready to move on as he continues to star for the side.
Despite disappointing away from the Bundesliga in the past, with short spells at AC Milan and Real Madrid leading him to Germany in 2010, his nine goals in 22 appearances have put him on the radar for the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester United.
And now the Telegraph is reporting that as Arsene Wenger is ready to put in a concrete bid for Hunterlaar, with L'Equipe claiming that the price will be around £4 million and talks so far have been positive for the star to make the move to north London.
Arsenal's attacking options are in need of a boost if the side hope to be challenging for silverware come the end of the season.
Arsene Wenger has admitted that the club would like to loan Thierry Henry again in January, as Gervinho and Marouane Chamakh head to their respective countries for the Africa Cup of Nations.
Gervinho and Chamakh have never really had the chance to impress for Wenger, and as Olivier Giroud and Lukas Podolski continue to be inconsistent, a player like Huntelaar would do well to create a stable incoming of goals that seem to have evaded the team in the wake of Robin van Persie's exit.
Winger Wilfried Zaha is also said to be in Wenger's wishlist for January, with the youngster impressing for Crystal Palace and England this season.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Clears That Fredrik Neij And Peter Sunde Are Not TPB Founders
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Out There To Save His Two Favourite Ladies In Mid-season Finale
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Chelsea FC: Jose Mourinho Hits Back At Sergio Ramos For Questioning Costa And Fabregas Absence From NT, Says 'He is Not A Doctor'
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change