Arsenal Close To Agreeing Deal For £4m Striker – Report
By Vanessa Keller | December 10, 2012 10:48 PM EST
Arsenal are close to agreeing to purchase Klass-Jan Huntelaar for £4 million, according to reports, with the deal nearly completed for the striker to move to the Emirates in January.
Huntelaar is entering into the final six months of his contract with Schalke, and appears ready to move on as he continues to star for the side.
Despite disappointing away from the Bundesliga in the past, with short spells at AC Milan and Real Madrid leading him to Germany in 2010, his nine goals in 22 appearances have put him on the radar for the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester United.
And now the Telegraph is reporting that as Arsene Wenger is ready to put in a concrete bid for Hunterlaar, with L'Equipe claiming that the price will be around £4 million and talks so far have been positive for the star to make the move to north London.
Arsenal's attacking options are in need of a boost if the side hope to be challenging for silverware come the end of the season.
Arsene Wenger has admitted that the club would like to loan Thierry Henry again in January, as Gervinho and Marouane Chamakh head to their respective countries for the Africa Cup of Nations.
Gervinho and Chamakh have never really had the chance to impress for Wenger, and as Olivier Giroud and Lukas Podolski continue to be inconsistent, a player like Huntelaar would do well to create a stable incoming of goals that seem to have evaded the team in the wake of Robin van Persie's exit.
Winger Wilfried Zaha is also said to be in Wenger's wishlist for January, with the youngster impressing for Crystal Palace and England this season.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- MMA News: Transgender Fighter Fallon Fox Challenges Ronda Rousey, Fires Back on ‘Ignorant’ Comments
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Points Out Amir Khan's Poor Boxing Record
- Floyd Mayweather Admits Marcos Maidana’s Power Shot Hurt Him [VIDEO]
- Khloe Kardashian Reportedly Having A Hard Time Deciding Whether Or Not To Patch Things Up With Lamar Odom
- WWE News: CM Punk Merchandise Pulled From Stands, Punk Chasing Royalties For WWE 2K15 Inclusion [VIDEO]
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4