Arsenal Close To Agreeing Deal For £4m Striker – Report
By Vanessa Keller | December 10, 2012 10:48 PM EST
Arsenal are close to agreeing to purchase Klass-Jan Huntelaar for £4 million, according to reports, with the deal nearly completed for the striker to move to the Emirates in January.
Huntelaar is entering into the final six months of his contract with Schalke, and appears ready to move on as he continues to star for the side.
Despite disappointing away from the Bundesliga in the past, with short spells at AC Milan and Real Madrid leading him to Germany in 2010, his nine goals in 22 appearances have put him on the radar for the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester United.
And now the Telegraph is reporting that as Arsene Wenger is ready to put in a concrete bid for Hunterlaar, with L'Equipe claiming that the price will be around £4 million and talks so far have been positive for the star to make the move to north London.
Arsenal's attacking options are in need of a boost if the side hope to be challenging for silverware come the end of the season.
Arsene Wenger has admitted that the club would like to loan Thierry Henry again in January, as Gervinho and Marouane Chamakh head to their respective countries for the Africa Cup of Nations.
Gervinho and Chamakh have never really had the chance to impress for Wenger, and as Olivier Giroud and Lukas Podolski continue to be inconsistent, a player like Huntelaar would do well to create a stable incoming of goals that seem to have evaded the team in the wake of Robin van Persie's exit.
Winger Wilfried Zaha is also said to be in Wenger's wishlist for January, with the youngster impressing for Crystal Palace and England this season.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Rafael Nadal To Kick Off 2015 Season At The Mubadala World Tennis Championship, Undergoes Knee Treatment Prior Appendectomy
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2