LG 'L Series' Smartphone Sales Cross 10 Million Units; Takes Shot at Apple and Samsung
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | December 10, 2012 8:28 PM EST
LG Electronics on Sunday revealed that its Optimus L-Series smartphones has crossed 10 million units in global sales.
The four models in the L series, namely L3, L5, L7 and L9, are currently being sold in 50 countries across the world. Announcing the latest sales figure of LG's Android smartphones, the company said it's the phone's unique and smart design which helped the company to accomplish the number 10 million figure.
"This milestone demonstrates the importance of delivering smartphones with stylish design, comparative size of display and enhanced UX features," said Dr Jong-seok Park, CEO of LG Mobile, as quoted by SmartHouse.
"Whereas other manufacturers are putting all their eggs into a one-size-fits-all phone, our strategy is to develop mobile products for all types of customers according to their individual needs and lifestyles," he added.
The L-series smartphones helped the company to maintain its share in the smartphone market against arch rivals Apple and Samsung.
"The success of L-Series in recording eight figures in sales is proof that many consumers want attractive smartphones with distinctive -- not "me too" -- styling," said LG in a statement.
The L3, L5, and L7 smartphones were launched at the Mobile World Congress in February and the L9 smartphones in this series was released recently. All four models pack five unique elements, which include Modern Square Style, Floating Mass Technology, Seamless Layout, Harmonized Design Contrast and Sensuous Slim Shape.
LG is expected to release its next smartphone, Optimus G, in the first quarter of 2013.
"We've built what we believe at a point in time the best smartphone in the world," said LG's Marketing General Manager, Lambro Skropidis.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop