LG 'L Series' Smartphone Sales Cross 10 Million Units; Takes Shot at Apple and Samsung
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | December 10, 2012 8:28 PM EST
LG Electronics on Sunday revealed that its Optimus L-Series smartphones has crossed 10 million units in global sales.
The four models in the L series, namely L3, L5, L7 and L9, are currently being sold in 50 countries across the world. Announcing the latest sales figure of LG's Android smartphones, the company said it's the phone's unique and smart design which helped the company to accomplish the number 10 million figure.
"This milestone demonstrates the importance of delivering smartphones with stylish design, comparative size of display and enhanced UX features," said Dr Jong-seok Park, CEO of LG Mobile, as quoted by SmartHouse.
"Whereas other manufacturers are putting all their eggs into a one-size-fits-all phone, our strategy is to develop mobile products for all types of customers according to their individual needs and lifestyles," he added.
The L-series smartphones helped the company to maintain its share in the smartphone market against arch rivals Apple and Samsung.
"The success of L-Series in recording eight figures in sales is proof that many consumers want attractive smartphones with distinctive -- not "me too" -- styling," said LG in a statement.
The L3, L5, and L7 smartphones were launched at the Mobile World Congress in February and the L9 smartphones in this series was released recently. All four models pack five unique elements, which include Modern Square Style, Floating Mass Technology, Seamless Layout, Harmonized Design Contrast and Sensuous Slim Shape.
LG is expected to release its next smartphone, Optimus G, in the first quarter of 2013.
"We've built what we believe at a point in time the best smartphone in the world," said LG's Marketing General Manager, Lambro Skropidis.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More