Chelsea Prepare to Sign Serbian Striker - Report
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | December 10, 2012 8:13 PM EST
Chelsea are reportedly close to signing 18-year-old Serbian international Lazar Markovic, one of Europe's most coveted young talents, in the January transfer window.
The Daily Mail claims the 18-year-old Partizan Belgrade forward, who was initially recommended to Chelsea by former manager Avram Grant, is close to agreeing an £8m move to Stamford Bridge.
The teen was first linked with a move to west London over the summer, but Chelsea ultimately signed Nigerian winger Victor Moses from Wigan Athletic instead. However the early-season problems of Fernando Torres have reportedly persuaded the Blues to augment their attacking options.
Markovic has been in good form this season and has made the initial shortlist for the European Golden Boy award, an accolade for the best European footballer under the age of 21.
The young star, who prefers to play as a No10, has already commented on his desire to play for Chelsea, which should ease negotiations greatly with both club and player.
"I really hope I can go to Chelsea, it's my dream. I had all the pictures of the team on my wall at home back to when they had Gianfranco Zola. And any time they are on TV I try to watch them. For me Chelsea are the best. I want to go to the Premier League. It is the best league in the world," Markovic explained in December last year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: Spain vs. Iran Preview, Starting Lineups
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Finland Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Wenger's Take on Falcao and Rabiot
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Striker Fernando Torres Heads To AC Milan
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Signing A Striker Is Still Considered By Wenger
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares