Chelsea Prepare to Sign Serbian Striker - Report
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | December 10, 2012 8:13 PM EST
Chelsea are reportedly close to signing 18-year-old Serbian international Lazar Markovic, one of Europe's most coveted young talents, in the January transfer window.
The Daily Mail claims the 18-year-old Partizan Belgrade forward, who was initially recommended to Chelsea by former manager Avram Grant, is close to agreeing an £8m move to Stamford Bridge.
The teen was first linked with a move to west London over the summer, but Chelsea ultimately signed Nigerian winger Victor Moses from Wigan Athletic instead. However the early-season problems of Fernando Torres have reportedly persuaded the Blues to augment their attacking options.
Markovic has been in good form this season and has made the initial shortlist for the European Golden Boy award, an accolade for the best European footballer under the age of 21.
The young star, who prefers to play as a No10, has already commented on his desire to play for Chelsea, which should ease negotiations greatly with both club and player.
"I really hope I can go to Chelsea, it's my dream. I had all the pictures of the team on my wall at home back to when they had Gianfranco Zola. And any time they are on TV I try to watch them. For me Chelsea are the best. I want to go to the Premier League. It is the best league in the world," Markovic explained in December last year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- USA Defeats Lithuania, 96-68; Americans Advance To Championship Round Of 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- Miami Heat Prepare For Life Without LeBron James, To Feature More Of Wade And Bosh In New System
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers