EU Morning Report - Monti to resign
By NikolasX | December 10, 2012 7:28 PM EST
The euro (EUR) is weakening against most of its major counterparts, following an announcement made by Italy’s Prime Minister that he will resign as soon as the as the budget is approved. Italy succeeded in passing various reforms under Monti and he was deemed a credible counterparty by his peers within Eurozone. The succession is going to bring uncertainty and fragile balances in the region’s political scene.
§ The Australian dollar (AUD) recorded a 3-month high at 1.0515 against the US dollar (USD) over the past week, following the release of an improved unemployment rate, a lower than expected Gross Domestic Product (GDP) figure and the decision by the Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) to lower their lending rate to 3% from 3.25%.
§ The New Zealand dollar (NZD) was also strengthened after the Reserve Bank of New Zealand (RBNZ) decision to leave its lending rate unchanged at 2.5%.
§ The British pound (GBP) appears soft versus the US dollar (USD) as market participants anticipate a speech by the Bank of England (BoE) Governor King at the Economic Club in New York, at 17:15 GMT today.
Stay in tune throughout the day with foreign exchange bullets!
|.||EURUSD||1.2930||SHORT @ 1.2930||45% of deals buy EUR|
|.||USDJPY||81.90||LONG @ 81.90||36% of deals buy USD|
|.||GBPUSD||1.6050||SHORT @ 1.6050||38% of deals buy GBP|
|.||AUDUSD||1.0520||SHORT @ 1.0520||25% of deals buy AUD|
|.||GOLD||1684||LONG @ 1684||63% of deals buy GOLD|
|.||OIL||87.60||SHORT @ 87.60||89% of deals buy OIL|
|.||EUR||09:00||Italian Industrial Production m/m in October||-0.2%|
|.||EUR||09:30||Sentix Investor Confidence||-16.2|
|.||CAD||13:15||Housing Starts in November||202 k|
Silver (XAG) is having an upbeat start of the week, rising against the US dollar (USD). The precious metal has already challenged the resistance area found around 33.25. If it manages to hold above this level, it could pave the way for higher highs.
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan