EU Morning Report - Monti to resign
By NikolasX | December 10, 2012 7:28 PM EST
The euro (EUR) is weakening against most of its major counterparts, following an announcement made by Italy’s Prime Minister that he will resign as soon as the as the budget is approved. Italy succeeded in passing various reforms under Monti and he was deemed a credible counterparty by his peers within Eurozone. The succession is going to bring uncertainty and fragile balances in the region’s political scene.
§ The Australian dollar (AUD) recorded a 3-month high at 1.0515 against the US dollar (USD) over the past week, following the release of an improved unemployment rate, a lower than expected Gross Domestic Product (GDP) figure and the decision by the Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) to lower their lending rate to 3% from 3.25%.
§ The New Zealand dollar (NZD) was also strengthened after the Reserve Bank of New Zealand (RBNZ) decision to leave its lending rate unchanged at 2.5%.
§ The British pound (GBP) appears soft versus the US dollar (USD) as market participants anticipate a speech by the Bank of England (BoE) Governor King at the Economic Club in New York, at 17:15 GMT today.
Stay in tune throughout the day with foreign exchange bullets!
|.||EURUSD||1.2930||SHORT @ 1.2930||45% of deals buy EUR|
|.||USDJPY||81.90||LONG @ 81.90||36% of deals buy USD|
|.||GBPUSD||1.6050||SHORT @ 1.6050||38% of deals buy GBP|
|.||AUDUSD||1.0520||SHORT @ 1.0520||25% of deals buy AUD|
|.||GOLD||1684||LONG @ 1684||63% of deals buy GOLD|
|.||OIL||87.60||SHORT @ 87.60||89% of deals buy OIL|
|.||EUR||09:00||Italian Industrial Production m/m in October||-0.2%|
|.||EUR||09:30||Sentix Investor Confidence||-16.2|
|.||CAD||13:15||Housing Starts in November||202 k|
Silver (XAG) is having an upbeat start of the week, rising against the US dollar (USD). The precious metal has already challenged the resistance area found around 33.25. If it manages to hold above this level, it could pave the way for higher highs.
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510