EU Morning Report - Monti to resign
By NikolasX | December 10, 2012 7:28 PM EST
The euro (EUR) is weakening against most of its major counterparts, following an announcement made by Italy’s Prime Minister that he will resign as soon as the as the budget is approved. Italy succeeded in passing various reforms under Monti and he was deemed a credible counterparty by his peers within Eurozone. The succession is going to bring uncertainty and fragile balances in the region’s political scene.
§ The Australian dollar (AUD) recorded a 3-month high at 1.0515 against the US dollar (USD) over the past week, following the release of an improved unemployment rate, a lower than expected Gross Domestic Product (GDP) figure and the decision by the Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) to lower their lending rate to 3% from 3.25%.
§ The New Zealand dollar (NZD) was also strengthened after the Reserve Bank of New Zealand (RBNZ) decision to leave its lending rate unchanged at 2.5%.
§ The British pound (GBP) appears soft versus the US dollar (USD) as market participants anticipate a speech by the Bank of England (BoE) Governor King at the Economic Club in New York, at 17:15 GMT today.
Stay in tune throughout the day with foreign exchange bullets!
|.||EURUSD||1.2930||SHORT @ 1.2930||45% of deals buy EUR|
|.||USDJPY||81.90||LONG @ 81.90||36% of deals buy USD|
|.||GBPUSD||1.6050||SHORT @ 1.6050||38% of deals buy GBP|
|.||AUDUSD||1.0520||SHORT @ 1.0520||25% of deals buy AUD|
|.||GOLD||1684||LONG @ 1684||63% of deals buy GOLD|
|.||OIL||87.60||SHORT @ 87.60||89% of deals buy OIL|
|.||EUR||09:00||Italian Industrial Production m/m in October||-0.2%|
|.||EUR||09:30||Sentix Investor Confidence||-16.2|
|.||CAD||13:15||Housing Starts in November||202 k|
Silver (XAG) is having an upbeat start of the week, rising against the US dollar (USD). The precious metal has already challenged the resistance area found around 33.25. If it manages to hold above this level, it could pave the way for higher highs.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists