Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Will Not Hire a Nanny for the ‘Royal Baby’
By Czarina Malleta | December 10, 2012 4:19 PM EST
Kate Middleton and her husband William are reportedly planning to break the rules by not getting a fulltime nanny for their child.
As opposed to the tradition of getting a nanny to tend to the royal children, Kate and William are reportedly planning to take parental duties by heart. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are said to be not interested in employing a nanny for their child.
Kate and William recently announced that they are expecting their first child last week. And the Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton is said to be planning to look after their child by her own and with only little help from someone.
Reports say that although Kate and William will not employ a fulltime nanny, they are in consideration of a getting a part-time nanny. More like a babysitter who could watch over their child while they attend royal duties and important events.
"Catherine and William are determined to be hands-on parents. Her parents are very excited about the baby and will help out as much as possible," a source said. "They will, probably, use a part-time nanny to help them out when they have to attend events and don't have a babysitter, but they don't want a full-time nanny."
The Duke and Duchess who resides in their home in North Wales do not employ staffs in their home. Apart from a regular cleaner who visits weekly, Kate has earlier spoken about how she enjoys cooking and doing household chores.
While William grew up under the care of a nanny, Kate was brought up by her mother Carole. And although they share contrasting backgrounds, the couple seems to be determined about the way they want o raise their child.
However, a St. James Palace spokesperson denied the rumors and said that it's still too early to determine whether the royal couple would hire a fulltime help.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate