Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Will Not Hire a Nanny for the ‘Royal Baby’
By Czarina Malleta | December 10, 2012 4:19 PM EST
Kate Middleton and her husband William are reportedly planning to break the rules by not getting a fulltime nanny for their child.
As opposed to the tradition of getting a nanny to tend to the royal children, Kate and William are reportedly planning to take parental duties by heart. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are said to be not interested in employing a nanny for their child.
Kate and William recently announced that they are expecting their first child last week. And the Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton is said to be planning to look after their child by her own and with only little help from someone.
Reports say that although Kate and William will not employ a fulltime nanny, they are in consideration of a getting a part-time nanny. More like a babysitter who could watch over their child while they attend royal duties and important events.
"Catherine and William are determined to be hands-on parents. Her parents are very excited about the baby and will help out as much as possible," a source said. "They will, probably, use a part-time nanny to help them out when they have to attend events and don't have a babysitter, but they don't want a full-time nanny."
The Duke and Duchess who resides in their home in North Wales do not employ staffs in their home. Apart from a regular cleaner who visits weekly, Kate has earlier spoken about how she enjoys cooking and doing household chores.
While William grew up under the care of a nanny, Kate was brought up by her mother Carole. And although they share contrasting backgrounds, the couple seems to be determined about the way they want o raise their child.
However, a St. James Palace spokesperson denied the rumors and said that it's still too early to determine whether the royal couple would hire a fulltime help.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales