Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Will Not Hire a Nanny for the ‘Royal Baby’
By Czarina Malleta | December 10, 2012 4:19 PM EST
Kate Middleton and her husband William are reportedly planning to break the rules by not getting a fulltime nanny for their child.
As opposed to the tradition of getting a nanny to tend to the royal children, Kate and William are reportedly planning to take parental duties by heart. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are said to be not interested in employing a nanny for their child.
Kate and William recently announced that they are expecting their first child last week. And the Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton is said to be planning to look after their child by her own and with only little help from someone.
Reports say that although Kate and William will not employ a fulltime nanny, they are in consideration of a getting a part-time nanny. More like a babysitter who could watch over their child while they attend royal duties and important events.
"Catherine and William are determined to be hands-on parents. Her parents are very excited about the baby and will help out as much as possible," a source said. "They will, probably, use a part-time nanny to help them out when they have to attend events and don't have a babysitter, but they don't want a full-time nanny."
The Duke and Duchess who resides in their home in North Wales do not employ staffs in their home. Apart from a regular cleaner who visits weekly, Kate has earlier spoken about how she enjoys cooking and doing household chores.
While William grew up under the care of a nanny, Kate was brought up by her mother Carole. And although they share contrasting backgrounds, the couple seems to be determined about the way they want o raise their child.
However, a St. James Palace spokesperson denied the rumors and said that it's still too early to determine whether the royal couple would hire a fulltime help.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]