Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Will Not Hire a Nanny for the ‘Royal Baby’
By Czarina Malleta | December 10, 2012 4:19 PM EST
Kate Middleton and her husband William are reportedly planning to break the rules by not getting a fulltime nanny for their child.
As opposed to the tradition of getting a nanny to tend to the royal children, Kate and William are reportedly planning to take parental duties by heart. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are said to be not interested in employing a nanny for their child.
Kate and William recently announced that they are expecting their first child last week. And the Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton is said to be planning to look after their child by her own and with only little help from someone.
Reports say that although Kate and William will not employ a fulltime nanny, they are in consideration of a getting a part-time nanny. More like a babysitter who could watch over their child while they attend royal duties and important events.
"Catherine and William are determined to be hands-on parents. Her parents are very excited about the baby and will help out as much as possible," a source said. "They will, probably, use a part-time nanny to help them out when they have to attend events and don't have a babysitter, but they don't want a full-time nanny."
The Duke and Duchess who resides in their home in North Wales do not employ staffs in their home. Apart from a regular cleaner who visits weekly, Kate has earlier spoken about how she enjoys cooking and doing household chores.
While William grew up under the care of a nanny, Kate was brought up by her mother Carole. And although they share contrasting backgrounds, the couple seems to be determined about the way they want o raise their child.
However, a St. James Palace spokesperson denied the rumors and said that it's still too early to determine whether the royal couple would hire a fulltime help.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS