Rupee Higher in Opening Trade
December 10, 2012 3:48 PM EST
The rupee higher at 54.32/33 levels in opening trades as regional equities were positive. The pair had closed at 54.47/48 on Friday.
Asian FX were trading mixed.
"The INR opened positive but also immediately got offered. It seems that the market is front-running for the Bharti Infratel IPO," says private bank dealer.
Parliament will be watched with the banking act amendment bill, a key financial bill, likely to come up for passage.
Bharti Infratel Ltd, the telecommunications tower unit of top phone carrier Bharti Airtel Ltd (BRTI.NS), is set to raise up to $825 million in what would be the country's biggest initial share offering in two years.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date