Rupee Higher in Opening Trade
December 10, 2012 3:48 PM EST
The rupee higher at 54.32/33 levels in opening trades as regional equities were positive. The pair had closed at 54.47/48 on Friday.
Asian FX were trading mixed.
"The INR opened positive but also immediately got offered. It seems that the market is front-running for the Bharti Infratel IPO," says private bank dealer.
Parliament will be watched with the banking act amendment bill, a key financial bill, likely to come up for passage.
Bharti Infratel Ltd, the telecommunications tower unit of top phone carrier Bharti Airtel Ltd (BRTI.NS), is set to raise up to $825 million in what would be the country's biggest initial share offering in two years.
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast