Chilly D Waiter Labels Customers ‘Fat Girls’ on Bill; Christine Duran, Christina Huerta and Isabel Robles Strikes Back [VIDEO]
By Jenalyn Villamarin | December 10, 2012 1:05 PM EST
Christine Duran, Christina Huerta and Isabel Robles revealed to ABC News that they could not believe the insult they received after dining at the Chilly D Restaurant in California which is part of the Cameo Club Casino restaurant in Stockton. Now, the waiter is currently in a tight spot after branding the three customers as "Fat Girls" on their bill. The waiter has reportedly been suspended with the possibility of losing his job.
"I got the bill, and I was like, why does the receipt say, 'fat girls?'" Duran told News 10. Initially, her two friends did not believe her. "Christina Huerta was like, 'You're lying,' And I was like, 'No, I'm serious. Look at it.' She was like, 'fat girls?'" Duran added.
According to the three girls, they complained to the manager about the insulting bill but were offered a 25% bill discount instead with a suppressed laughter.
"He had a smirk on his face, like it was funny, but he was trying not to laugh," Huerta shared. The women turned down the offer.
Chilly D Restaurant released an apology statement on their Facebook page regarding the incident. It read:
"I completely understand why they were hurt by what was written on their receipt and that type of treatment isn't tolerated. Also there will be no tolerance in the future, guaranteed. Everyone is welcome in our establishment, my family built this business so that the community of Stockton would have a safe and fun place to hang out and come together.
"My hope is to heal our newly tarnished reputation so that everyone feels safe and welcome again. And if these ladies would like to meet with my family and I, so that we can personally apologize, we would really like to do that, because we do not want anyone to have an experience like this."
According to ABC News, Maggie Lewis, owner of the Cameo Club Casino, also apologized and stated that:
"Such insulting customer treatment is intolerable in our establishment."
On the other hand, co-owner Jimmy Siemers also confirmed his attempts in fixing up the restaurant's current mess.
"I just want to tell them we're sincerely sorry and we'll do everything in our power to make sure this never happens to anyone again," Siemers said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Has ‘Strict Style Guide,’ Expected To Wear Winter Wardrobes During Pregnancy
- Bizarre Sex Abuse: Man Licks Woman’s Foot in Canada, Runs Away With Her Shoe
- New Zealand Pre-schooler Suffers Attack For Wearing A Jewish Cap; Anti-Semitic Act Condemned
- Australia's Direct Action Policy To Increase Projected Emmisions By 2020 -- UN Report
- Canadian Soldier Dies in 'Freak Accident' at Work
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues