Chilly D Waiter Labels Customers ‘Fat Girls’ on Bill; Christine Duran, Christina Huerta and Isabel Robles Strikes Back [VIDEO]
By Jenalyn Villamarin | December 10, 2012 1:05 PM EST
Christine Duran, Christina Huerta and Isabel Robles revealed to ABC News that they could not believe the insult they received after dining at the Chilly D Restaurant in California which is part of the Cameo Club Casino restaurant in Stockton. Now, the waiter is currently in a tight spot after branding the three customers as "Fat Girls" on their bill. The waiter has reportedly been suspended with the possibility of losing his job.
"I got the bill, and I was like, why does the receipt say, 'fat girls?'" Duran told News 10. Initially, her two friends did not believe her. "Christina Huerta was like, 'You're lying,' And I was like, 'No, I'm serious. Look at it.' She was like, 'fat girls?'" Duran added.
According to the three girls, they complained to the manager about the insulting bill but were offered a 25% bill discount instead with a suppressed laughter.
"He had a smirk on his face, like it was funny, but he was trying not to laugh," Huerta shared. The women turned down the offer.
Chilly D Restaurant released an apology statement on their Facebook page regarding the incident. It read:
"I completely understand why they were hurt by what was written on their receipt and that type of treatment isn't tolerated. Also there will be no tolerance in the future, guaranteed. Everyone is welcome in our establishment, my family built this business so that the community of Stockton would have a safe and fun place to hang out and come together.
"My hope is to heal our newly tarnished reputation so that everyone feels safe and welcome again. And if these ladies would like to meet with my family and I, so that we can personally apologize, we would really like to do that, because we do not want anyone to have an experience like this."
According to ABC News, Maggie Lewis, owner of the Cameo Club Casino, also apologized and stated that:
"Such insulting customer treatment is intolerable in our establishment."
On the other hand, co-owner Jimmy Siemers also confirmed his attempts in fixing up the restaurant's current mess.
"I just want to tell them we're sincerely sorry and we'll do everything in our power to make sure this never happens to anyone again," Siemers said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Of Cambridge ‘Dissed’ By Camilla Parker-Bowles; Delivery Expected In April- Reports
- 'Green Alien Eggs' Spotted on Sydney's Dee Why Beach
- Drag Queens Fume That Facebook Is Banning Aliases And Threaten to Drop Out Of It
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde Attends Father’s Funeral Without Handcuffs, Brother Thanks TPB Founder’s Supporters on Facebook
- British Teenager Wants Her Leg Cut To be Able To Compete At Paralympics – Watch Video
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- G20 Summit in Nov: No Consensus to Bar Russia, Putin Open to Attend in Australia