Chilly D Waiter Labels Customers ‘Fat Girls’ on Bill; Christine Duran, Christina Huerta and Isabel Robles Strikes Back [VIDEO]
By Jenalyn Villamarin | December 10, 2012 1:05 PM EST
Christine Duran, Christina Huerta and Isabel Robles revealed to ABC News that they could not believe the insult they received after dining at the Chilly D Restaurant in California which is part of the Cameo Club Casino restaurant in Stockton. Now, the waiter is currently in a tight spot after branding the three customers as "Fat Girls" on their bill. The waiter has reportedly been suspended with the possibility of losing his job.
"I got the bill, and I was like, why does the receipt say, 'fat girls?'" Duran told News 10. Initially, her two friends did not believe her. "Christina Huerta was like, 'You're lying,' And I was like, 'No, I'm serious. Look at it.' She was like, 'fat girls?'" Duran added.
According to the three girls, they complained to the manager about the insulting bill but were offered a 25% bill discount instead with a suppressed laughter.
"He had a smirk on his face, like it was funny, but he was trying not to laugh," Huerta shared. The women turned down the offer.
Chilly D Restaurant released an apology statement on their Facebook page regarding the incident. It read:
"I completely understand why they were hurt by what was written on their receipt and that type of treatment isn't tolerated. Also there will be no tolerance in the future, guaranteed. Everyone is welcome in our establishment, my family built this business so that the community of Stockton would have a safe and fun place to hang out and come together.
"My hope is to heal our newly tarnished reputation so that everyone feels safe and welcome again. And if these ladies would like to meet with my family and I, so that we can personally apologize, we would really like to do that, because we do not want anyone to have an experience like this."
According to ABC News, Maggie Lewis, owner of the Cameo Club Casino, also apologized and stated that:
"Such insulting customer treatment is intolerable in our establishment."
On the other hand, co-owner Jimmy Siemers also confirmed his attempts in fixing up the restaurant's current mess.
"I just want to tell them we're sincerely sorry and we'll do everything in our power to make sure this never happens to anyone again," Siemers said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Video: Man's Privates Gets Exposed For the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
- James Foley's Family and Boss Reject Syrian Claim of Foley Killed A Year Ago
- Perth Train Racist Attack Caught on Camera [VIDEO]
- Fate of MH370, MH17 Trigger Mass Resignation of Crew in Malaysia Airlines
- ISIS $3 Million Daily Oil Revenues Fund Operations; Obama to Build International Coalition to Widen Assault
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Trending: Ice Bucket Challenge Replaced By Rubble Bucket Challenge By People Of Gaza
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features