Chilly D Waiter Labels Customers ‘Fat Girls’ on Bill; Christine Duran, Christina Huerta and Isabel Robles Strikes Back [VIDEO]
By Jenalyn Villamarin | December 10, 2012 1:05 PM EST
Christine Duran, Christina Huerta and Isabel Robles revealed to ABC News that they could not believe the insult they received after dining at the Chilly D Restaurant in California which is part of the Cameo Club Casino restaurant in Stockton. Now, the waiter is currently in a tight spot after branding the three customers as "Fat Girls" on their bill. The waiter has reportedly been suspended with the possibility of losing his job.
"I got the bill, and I was like, why does the receipt say, 'fat girls?'" Duran told News 10. Initially, her two friends did not believe her. "Christina Huerta was like, 'You're lying,' And I was like, 'No, I'm serious. Look at it.' She was like, 'fat girls?'" Duran added.
According to the three girls, they complained to the manager about the insulting bill but were offered a 25% bill discount instead with a suppressed laughter.
"He had a smirk on his face, like it was funny, but he was trying not to laugh," Huerta shared. The women turned down the offer.
Chilly D Restaurant released an apology statement on their Facebook page regarding the incident. It read:
"I completely understand why they were hurt by what was written on their receipt and that type of treatment isn't tolerated. Also there will be no tolerance in the future, guaranteed. Everyone is welcome in our establishment, my family built this business so that the community of Stockton would have a safe and fun place to hang out and come together.
"My hope is to heal our newly tarnished reputation so that everyone feels safe and welcome again. And if these ladies would like to meet with my family and I, so that we can personally apologize, we would really like to do that, because we do not want anyone to have an experience like this."
According to ABC News, Maggie Lewis, owner of the Cameo Club Casino, also apologized and stated that:
"Such insulting customer treatment is intolerable in our establishment."
On the other hand, co-owner Jimmy Siemers also confirmed his attempts in fixing up the restaurant's current mess.
"I just want to tell them we're sincerely sorry and we'll do everything in our power to make sure this never happens to anyone again," Siemers said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- MH370 Search Efforts Not Affected by MH17 Recovery; Australia Still Committed to Solving Mystery
- Another Aviation Disaster: Taiwan Plane Crashes, Passengers Aboard Feared Dead [PHOTO]
- 'Dronies' to Become Latest Trend as Tourism New Zealand Buys Drone to Record Tourists' Videos
- Former Destiny’s Child Star Farrah Franklin Arrested
- Asylum Seeker Women in Australia-Run Christmas Island Attempt Suicide in Desperation
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales